PDA

View Full Version : possible strange anomaly on UT2007 wallpaper?

Growler
29th May 2005, 04:14 PM
what do you make of this then?

from what I make of it, it looks like it's not completely on the ground, but just kinda.... floating a bit there:

Dark Pulse
29th May 2005, 04:43 PM
Amazed you didn't notice the texture misalignment in the lower right while you were at it...

It probably got knocked over when the tank spawned.

Hydrus
29th May 2005, 05:01 PM
It's just a barrel resting on teh concrete/junk stuff at the side, can't see any floating ;o

Bullet10k
29th May 2005, 05:16 PM
its physics

Mr_Rose
29th May 2005, 05:17 PM
Amazed you didn't notice the texture misalignment in the lower right while you were at it...

It probably got knocked over when the tank spawned.
That's not a texture there: look at the shadows, it's actual geometry. though it still looks misaligned ;)

Actually, this whole thing kinda reminds me of when 2k3 was imminent and there was that screenshot of all the guys running across a fairly open area, one team chased by another, and there was this light bloom that didn't affect a particular player in the foreground; this "artifact" was held as evidence that the 'shot had been photochopped from renders: What had actually happened was that everyone had forgotten that screenshots are static 2D representations of dynamic 3D events, and I think this is exactly what has happened here.

Majik
29th May 2005, 05:41 PM
It's not floating, it's resting on a curbstone. Take a look at the hi-res version (http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?media_id=2782013&article_id=614295&channel_id=261&page_title=Unreal+Tournament+2007&adString=network%3Dign%26site%3Dve3d%26pagetype%3Dmediaimgfat&return_url=http%3A%2F%2Fve3d.ign.com%2Farticles%2F614%2F614295.html) of the pic and you'll be able to see it.

The texture misalignment is also more noticeable there.

Xipher
29th May 2005, 05:53 PM
Well, from the shadows, its actually not a texture miss align, its a BSP or Mesh missalignment, you can see the shadow also makes the same cut over.