PDA

View Full Version : DM-1on1-Roughinery-FPS

Slainchild
29th May 2005, 10:40 AM
Name: DM-1on1-Roughinery-FPS
Version: Final
Compatibility: UT2004 v3355
Description: The remnant of an old refinery now serves as a location for your duels. Use its intricate layout to your advantage and don't lose track of your enemy.

Comments: This is a modified version of DM-1on1-Roughinery that shipped with UT2004. The main difference in this map is that the framerate is much smoother than it was originally (a 40 fps boost on some machines). I achieved this by basically zoning the whole map as it should have been before. Absolutely NO changes were made to the original weapon/pickup locations or level geometry/meshes. I have also added slightly more specific area names, e.g "Near the flak cannon", "On the 50 Shield Bridge", "In the 100 Shield pit", etc.

Credits: Original map by Alexander "Lehmi" Lehman and all changes made by Ben "Slainchild" Edney.

I have modified this map a bit. It's now called DM-1on1-Roughinery-FPS and the added beams above the lift jump platform and the 50 shield are gone. Framerate is not as high as before, but it's still a lot better than the original map.

Download: 2.6Mb
My personal site (http://www.slainchild.dsl.pipex.com/rough/DM-1on1-Roughinery-FPS.zip)
Unreal Playground (http://www.unrealplayground.com/download.php?mapid=9242)
(More soon)

Enjoy :)

hyrulian
29th May 2005, 11:19 AM
FPS Edition - For more framerate! :D

Selerox
29th May 2005, 12:48 PM
New and improved recipe :) Nice one Slain :tup:

29th May 2005, 03:31 PM
That is awesome. I hope 1v1 servers start using this one; I bet LOB will put this one on soon because they've been so good about being the first to add the fps optimized maps I'm liking this new trend of optimizing 1v1 and TDM maps for better fps performance, if that's the correct term.

-AEnubis-
29th May 2005, 04:30 PM
Indeed. Not that is should be played with as many players, but this map is unplayable for me at 10 people or more. TAM sometimes bogs a bit on it with 8, because of all the potential weapon fire.

I may throw this on 3spn chicago. I'm also a huge fan of zone naming, so GJ to that effect... Did you ever zone name your Campgrounds?

Slainchild
29th May 2005, 04:46 PM
Did you ever zone name your Campgrounds?
No, but I wish I did now I've played it more... :(

-AEnubis-
29th May 2005, 04:55 PM
Heh.. Me too...

It's not so bad, because the map is pretty well known, but playing TAM in said maps, and being able to use your hud to find teammates is useful. It's kinda like finding an FFC by your scoreboard. You don't even need VOIP all the time to make good teamwork. Most of my FragBU assists since I don't TS get done that way. If I find you in mid field, that is how I did it.

I take it you didn't want to change it again?

Dark Pulse
29th May 2005, 05:34 PM
No, but I wish I did now I've played it more... :(
Could always release an update... :)

CyMek
30th May 2005, 01:00 AM
eif.CyMek|BuF is CAMPING! (The Campgrounds 2005)

^ I love this!

The Warden
30th May 2005, 10:39 PM
here is a comparison for ya's

Nereid
1st Jun 2005, 01:07 PM
/me will download after getting home

Selerox
28th Jun 2005, 04:37 PM
Just a quick bump to let you guys know that Rough-FPS has been selected for use at the ESWC (http://www.esworldcup.com/2005/)! :-)

Nice one Slain! :tup:

28th Jun 2005, 04:58 PM
\o/ that's awesome!

Slainchild
28th Jun 2005, 05:04 PM
Hehe, Cool! :D