PDA

View Full Version : ut99 maps in 2k7

killalot0
27th May 2005, 05:01 AM
hi all first post here. so here goes. We all know that the movement will be toned down in the next UT. A lot of remakes of the orignal ut did play like crap in 2k4 (DM-agony, DM-turbine, Dm-curse4). i really liked those maps in ut99. Now epic wants 2k7 to be more like the original, i think these maps and others that played really good in ut99 can come back. I never played online in the ut99 days. so i dont really know what played well against humans. so what kond of good playing maps from ut99 should make a reapiring in the next UT?

killalot0

Dark Pulse
27th May 2005, 05:05 AM
I'd kill to see new versions of Liandri, Zeto, Tempest, and Pressure.

That said, we'll probably only see Curse and Deck - the "Staples" so to speak.

BooGiTyBoY
27th May 2005, 05:24 AM
Tempest > all

Black_Seeds
27th May 2005, 05:28 AM
Tempest > all

BooGiTy speaks the truth :) Tempest was my favourite map

Kronon
27th May 2005, 05:39 AM
Tempest, Turbine, Codex and even Gothic would be fun to see as remakes. Curse is so overdone, and it was never a good map to start with anyway.

Liandri sucks moneky balls though, so let that map RIP :)

/Kronon

edhe
27th May 2005, 05:44 AM
Orginal Phobos please kthxbi.

NeoNite
27th May 2005, 06:51 AM
Yeah, Definitaly Phobos. Tempest is good for eh.. large teamgames. Or 6-8 player deathmatch IMHO. But compared to phobos, it's an average map. Imho.

I wouldn't mind having a decent remake of Hyperblast. I really like the feel of this level.

krjal
27th May 2005, 07:00 AM
Hmm. 2K4 Hyperblast wasn't really that good.

Phobos would be great but I really hope they drop curse.

edhe
27th May 2005, 07:30 AM
UT hyperblast was *ok*, close and Rough but with too many suicides. 2k4's seemed like some sorta boring sniperfest in an oversized over decorated bucket.

The_Head
27th May 2005, 07:39 AM
^^ agreed.
Curse always sucked for me too... Not a great layout.
Bring back Peak! ooo nostalgia

krjal
27th May 2005, 10:58 AM
PEAK! how could I forget!??

Wouldn't that be interesting in UE3? ;)

blutspender
27th May 2005, 11:11 AM
am I the only one who liked Curse? Especially Curse3 looks great, this hall with the great, dark "Torbogen" (sorry, don't know the english word) and the glibberish, moving fleshpillars was cool!
The Biorifle worked very well in that map

NeoNite
27th May 2005, 02:27 PM
UT hyperblast was *ok*, close and Rough but with too many suicides. 2k4's seemed like some sorta boring sniperfest in an oversized over decorated bucket.

I've played Hyperblast quite a few times, didn't suicide that much.
Just ... watch your step ;O)

Seriously: Morpheus is, if you don't watch yourself, a suicide fest.
Depends, I guess...