PDA

View Full Version : Skaarjs??

Guille (Skaarj)
26th May 2005, 12:30 PM
Hi, i´m new!! posting from Argentina!!!

What about Skaarj´s in UT2007?? are in or out??

Majik
26th May 2005, 12:34 PM
:wavey:

They are out unfortunately, it was one of the first things we learned about this game.

G.Lecter
26th May 2005, 01:59 PM
Yeh, the skaarj team is out... :( I hope Epic will make at least 1 skaarj character (Guardian? :D) in that unknown 'Player's team'... :rolleyes:

JohnDoe641
26th May 2005, 02:24 PM
I don't know why they kicked the skaarj team out, they were probably the best models in the game. :c

Hopefully something as cool as the skaarj will take thier place, like the Squaarge. D:

carmatic
26th May 2005, 02:31 PM
or they are gonna do a proper invasion mode or something, where your playing conquest with 3 other teams, minding your own business... when SUDDENLY TEH SKAARJ ATTACK!!!!111 then you all start fighting them, or you can take advantage of the attack to weaken your enemy and destroy them

cole_bie
26th May 2005, 02:40 PM
That is actually a really good idea carmatic.

Dark Pulse
26th May 2005, 03:14 PM
Too bad it probably won't happen. :/

carmatic
26th May 2005, 03:56 PM
then when the humans capture some skaarj vehicles they reseach them, then the skaarj vehicles become available in a bonus pack

Olga
26th May 2005, 05:01 PM
That's a really bright idea there.

Anyways, I hope at least Dominator and ClanLord are back, they were cool. I think they should add some Skaarj to the Liandri team like Disconnect and Firewall from UT99.

Strider_Izzy
26th May 2005, 09:33 PM
what eva happened to half human half skaarj guys from UT1! they were awesome,huge fearful and deadly the skaarj would be somewhat of the villains of UT. i mean whats with that. no villains.this game is sounding lamer by the post.

Olga
26th May 2005, 10:23 PM
There are no villains in UT, there will never be villains in UT. If it had villains the whole idea would be destroyed.

Xipher
26th May 2005, 10:51 PM
Actually, I think the Necris are going to be the "vilians" in this one, although every team is trying to kill the rest, so their isn't any "vilians" really.

Unreality
27th May 2005, 10:32 AM
as ussual Epic will come up with some story for the Skaarj not being in here's my lil quickly thought up story...

After the Skaarj team failed to win the tournaments. The whole Skaarj community turned against them and at a lil argueing One skaarj sed I bet even a team of krall would do better. Clanlord: well why don't you send a team of the finest krall to the Tournaments then! And so it happened that the Skaarj picked a team of skaarj and send them off to the Tournaments :P

Dark Pulse
27th May 2005, 02:15 PM
as ussual Epic will come up with some story for the Skaarj not being in here's my lil quickly thought up story...

After the Skaarj team failed to win the tournaments. The whole Skaarj community turned against them and at a lil argueing One skaarj sed I bet even a team of krall would do better. Clanlord: well why don't you send a team of the finest krall to the Tournaments then! And so it happened that the Skaarj picked a team of skaarj and send them off to the Tournaments :P
Sad thing is, you're probably right on the money.

Olga
27th May 2005, 04:40 PM
Skaarj: Oh noes! We lost, let's not look bad and send out our BEST (yes best folks!), and I mean BEST team of Krall. ^______________^;;;;

NeoNite
27th May 2005, 04:45 PM
Actually, I think the Necris are going to be the "vilians" in this one, although every team is trying to kill the rest, so their isn't any "vilians" really.

In this one? :O) They were also the villains in UT.

And Olga ;O) Most of the clan teams in UT were made out of villains.
Well, criminals...

Xipher
27th May 2005, 06:20 PM
In this one? :O) They were also the villains in UT.

And Olga ;O) Most of the clan teams in UT were made out of villains.
Well, criminals...
well, not reallly, as I said. Every one is out to kill people, but if you listen to the one G4 interview were they had the gameplay shown, he talked about how the Necris are attacking the Axon research corp, so in effect, they are kind of the vilians, but not really.

NeoNite
28th May 2005, 06:04 AM
Yeah, but I was talking about UT.

UT.

Not ut2003, or 2004, or the upcoming ut2007 title.

They're meanies. IIrc from the biography's they were waging war on the human race as well.. and wanted to take over Liandri etc...

carmatic
28th May 2005, 06:14 AM
mmm the necris to liandri in 2k7 would just be like the skaarj to any human team in 2k4... you'd think that they hate each other, but often you see them in the same team anyway
or something

Retodon8
28th May 2005, 06:24 AM
well, not reallly, as I said. Every one is out to kill people, but if you listen to the one G4 interview were they had the gameplay shown, he talked about how the Necris are attacking the Axon research corp, so in effect, they are kind of the vilians, but not really.

It's not just Phayder's Necris assassins.
The Axon are the bad guys from the Liandri's perspective too.
What about Izanagi (if they will make an appearance of course)?
Basically there are a bunch of companies that have 1 or more teams fighting for superiority, like rock, paper, scissors or something.
There are no real bad guys... or better yet, they are all bad guys like NeoNite said. :)
I suppose the Skaarj don't represent a company, and in the older games there wasn't much storyline for the teams either either.
As far as I know Unreal II invented some other company names besides Liandri, which Epic used in later games as sponsors for the different teams.

Unreality
28th May 2005, 02:53 PM
yea i think earth is quite corrupt in the Unreal Universe with there company wars

still i will miss the skaarj but if they make the krall look good i won't bother :)

Guille (Skaarj)
28th May 2005, 07:12 PM
I will miss the Skaarjs....... hope Krall be nice......

Olga
28th May 2005, 09:05 PM
Well if the Necris attack Liandri all I have to says is "GO LIANDRI WOOT"

JarJarBinks1234
28th May 2005, 10:23 PM
wut about the gen mo'kai??? :(

krjal
28th May 2005, 11:30 PM
None of them either, looks like...

carmatic
29th May 2005, 07:05 AM
As far as I know Unreal II invented some other company names besides Liandri, which Epic used in later games as sponsors for the different teams.

i think that unreal 2 simply added the izanagi corp... on the xmp multiplayer, sometimes one of the teams is the liandri corporation and they play the blue team, and the red team is the 'axon corp' , which i think is gotten from ut99?sometimes, the red team is the izanagi... or something...

besides, theres still that inuit corporation, which built the crashed isv-kran which had deck16 in it...

UnlitPhoenix
29th May 2005, 07:11 AM
wut about the gen mo'kai??? :(
I want Selig in new, redesigned armour :(
Anyway, maybe Epic will release a bonus pack with all the alien models in them :)
Necri pwn by the way ;)

carmatic
29th May 2005, 07:20 AM
i thought that they said that the gen mo kai were just ut2k3 stand ins for the skaarj ... to me, the gen mo kai were the most interesting characters from the unreal series, they are to the skaarj, what geckos are to lizards ( i think)

krjal
29th May 2005, 07:42 AM
A genotype to a species?

Anyway, yeah, they were pretty original. I hope they don't just get forgotten...

carmatic
29th May 2005, 07:50 AM
umm genus, you mean

ok how about, a gecko to a scaly lizard, such as a salamander... skaarj do have scales on them, right? or they have leathery skin, in that case they are like one of the leathery-skinned lizards...

Nines
29th May 2005, 11:52 AM
I don't mind that the Gen Mo Kai will be gone. But I love the Skaarj and I hate to see them go. :(

I'd say the Krall will be some sort of mix between them both.

Bloodwolf806
29th May 2005, 05:07 PM
Don't worry, if there are no Skaarj present, the moding community will be ALL over this.

empty_other
30th May 2005, 01:04 AM
Don't worry, if there are no Skaarj present, the moding community will be ALL over this.

I have not yet seen any Nalis in UT200X...

KirinRiotCrash
30th May 2005, 01:16 AM
SKAARJ IS DEAD! LONG LIVE THE KRALL!

:lol:

Actually, I'd like to see some Skaarj show up in UT2007 ... it just wouldn't feel right without them. That and Xan should at least make a cameo somewhere in the game.

Vault
30th May 2005, 10:11 AM
how about the covenant? :D no, of course not

i like the skaarj, i want them back

i also want:

every character in the unreal universe (even from unreal and unreal 2)

Nines
30th May 2005, 10:16 AM
Yeah, like the Skaarj Troopers from Unreal.

Vault
30th May 2005, 10:25 AM
and the lava-like thingy

Bloodwolf806
30th May 2005, 10:42 AM
"That and Xan should at least make a cameo somewhere in the game."

I thought they already said Xan would be in UT2007?

KirinRiotCrash
30th May 2005, 10:48 AM
"That and Xan should at least make a cameo somewhere in the game."

I thought they already said Xan would be in UT2007? I don't know ... maybe I missed somewhere. I don't remember reading about Xan in UT2007 but if he's going to be in it, then that would be freakin' awesome!

Bloodwolf806
30th May 2005, 10:59 AM
Races/Teams
Necris (The white-skinned gothic and/or undead - depending upon who you ask - guys from the original UT)
Nakhti (Originating from the UT2003 and UT2004 Anubans, this team is entirely Egyptian)
Juggernauts (The gene-boosted monstosities from UT2003 and UT2004)
The Corrupt (The team of Xan Kriegor's, who hails from UT and UT2004)
Iron Guard (The original and now reinstated team of assassins, again headed by Lauren and Brock)
Krall (The slave-race to the Skaarj, found in the original Unreal)
Jakob's Team (Possibly Malcolm's ThunderCrash team from UT2004, though the name is unclarified)
Custom Team: (The team player will create in the Single Player ladder of Envy)

Vault
30th May 2005, 11:08 AM
like i said, they should have EVERY thing in the unreal universe available

KirinRiotCrash
30th May 2005, 11:36 AM
Well what do you know ... he's in!

Thanks for the refresher. Bloodwolf806

Vault
30th May 2005, 12:45 PM
yeah Xan!!!

they should make...... the spawn of Xan!!!!

Xan knocks up this half skaarj half necis chick

Bloodwolf806
30th May 2005, 12:48 PM
yeah Xan!!!

they should make...... the spawn of Xan!!!!

Xan knocks up this half skaarj half necis chick

Vault
30th May 2005, 12:52 PM
creepy, yes :crazydance:

NeoNite
30th May 2005, 12:55 PM
They should have, at least, included the Warlord!

Which was the most awesome skaarj, imho.

Well, aside from the iceskaarj. (Which is basically a skaarjberserker with a different skin, but still.. teh pwnage).

Vault
30th May 2005, 12:56 PM
and the warcow :clap:

NeoNite
30th May 2005, 12:58 PM
Not so sure about that one, most people hated the warcow. Probably because they couldn't aim for the headshot region ;Op which was the weapon holder on the cow's back.

No unfair advantage if you use this model. I couldn't see why.

Vault
30th May 2005, 01:00 PM
instagib ragdoll warcow, i'd love to see that

carmatic
30th May 2005, 03:54 PM
Not so sure about that one, most people hated the warcow. Probably because they couldn't aim for the headshot region ;Op which was the weapon holder on the cow's back.

No unfair advantage if you use this model. I couldn't see why.

and the headshot region should be fixed too

gregori
30th May 2005, 07:12 PM
skaarjs will be in ut2008!

Vault
30th May 2005, 10:23 PM
we hope

Dark Pulse
30th May 2005, 10:57 PM
instagib ragdoll warcow, i'd love to see that
Mmmm, Hamburger.

If Xan's in, I'll most likely select him. If not... well, I'll have to see who I like. Hopefully I'll at least get an avatar I can IDENTIFY with - if I find no one I like, I'm not gonna be too happy.

krjal
30th May 2005, 11:49 PM
I have been wondering about the total number of different models and skins to be shiped in the final version...

anyone seen/heard any clues?

NeoNite
31st May 2005, 06:00 AM
skaarjs will be in ut2008!

Yes, and while we're at it:

- Slith will be in UT2009!
- Titans will be in UT2010!
- Stonetitans (omg!) will be in UT2012!
- Horseflies will be in UT2014!
- Devilfish will be in UT2015!

And last but not least!

- PUPAE!!! Will be in UT2020!

gregori
31st May 2005, 06:46 AM
probably,
if you look at epics track record!

UnlitPhoenix
31st May 2005, 01:01 PM

And last but not least!

LOL! :lol:

krjal
31st May 2005, 08:41 PM
I can't wait!

Olga
31st May 2005, 10:38 PM
I usually refer to the Cybernetic Corrupt as Liandri because well, that's what they are, Liandri employees. Anyways, the Skaarj aren't lizards they are bugs, believe it or not. (Mandibles anyone?)

The Gen Mok'ai were the only reptillian species other than perhaps the Krall and Mercenaries in the world of Unreal as it is known. Actually, now that I think about it they should put some Mercenary characters in and also actually give the race a real name. (I'm not talking about the Mercenary team from UT200x btw)

Also neonite I'm going to ruin your fun and point out that pupae are baby skaarj.

Vault
31st May 2005, 10:40 PM
babies! thats what we need!

goo goo ga POW! :chainsaw:

Olga
31st May 2005, 10:47 PM
http://www.unreal-info.net/unreal/creatures/images/pupae.jpg

In fact this is what little skaarj look like. :D

togmkn
31st May 2005, 11:11 PM
Wait...there aren't going to be Skaarj? That is THE unreal franchise character! That's what they're all about! This is still looking like a good game, but you can't have an Unreal without the Skaarj. That's like Die Hard without Bruce Willis! Or The Terminator without THE TERMINATOR!

Xaero_UT
31st May 2005, 11:14 PM
Wait...there aren't going to be Skaarj? That is THE unreal franchise character! That's what they're all about! This is still looking like a good game, but you can't have an Unreal without the Skaarj. That's like Die Hard without Bruce Willis! Or The Terminator without THE TERMINATOR!

true, but it seems epic think Malcolm is the new Unreal Franchise character.. :rolleyes:

Mætlöaff
1st Jun 2005, 01:43 AM
The skaarj thing is a bit of a disappointment, though I guess Epic might be trying to make the game less of a clone of the previous games.

Needs more MISTER CROOOOW, though.

At least we get to see the Krall. They've always been my favorite other unreal race, along with the brutes and the mercs. I'd like to see what the art design team does for the krall, seeing as how the model skipped an engine they have a good amount of artistic license.

What I'd really love to see is the Squid. Those guys are bad ass.

NeoNite
1st Jun 2005, 05:34 AM
Also neonite I'm going to ruin your fun and point out that pupae are baby skaarj.

Ruin my fun :O) ?

Sometimes I don't know which is worse.. facing a couple of skaarjwarriors.. or a group of pupae...
See, when pupae grab you it's very difficult to escape from their grip...

Olga
1st Jun 2005, 01:40 PM
At least pupae aren't as hard as those little ice skaarjs from that one Coop mod.

NeoNite
1st Jun 2005, 05:31 PM
Yeah, they're real bastards aren't they :D

Deathhunters from Akcoop mod. If you want to be owned, play against these. In time you'll learn to fight them, but they'll still be able to own you plenty of times.

Sahkolihaa
2nd Jun 2005, 06:24 AM
I want Selig in new, redesigned armour :(
Anyway, maybe Epic will release a bonus pack with all the alien models in them :)
Necri pwn by the way ;)Hell I want Selig in UT2k7, he looks sweet in UT2k3/2k4 so what about on the Unreal 3 engine? :eek:

carmatic
2nd Jun 2005, 10:36 AM
but like the krall were weak characters with a bad attitude ,theyre supposed to be smelly or something, they are primitive, they are enslaved by the skaarj... how are they supposed to be cool... i enjoy killing masses of them, but i dont enjoy playing as one of them...

gregori
2nd Jun 2005, 11:56 AM
They were lazy and gambled and were cruel!, they have enough personality to be characters in UT. I'm not sure they have ehough to hold it on their own though,
i think they should put all the skaarj slave races into one team(izarians,krall,brutes)
I'm pretty sure if epic put them in they will do something cool with them!
Thogh i prefered the Gen'mokai myself, damarus is one of the best character designs i've ever seen!

Sahkolihaa
2nd Jun 2005, 01:26 PM
Thogh i prefered the Gen'mokai myself, damarus is one of the best character designs i've ever seen!I think Damarus was also the team leader for the FireStorm team, so if they do add the Gen Mo'kai in at a later date, I bet Damarus will be the highest priority.

Olga
2nd Jun 2005, 02:28 PM
Faraleth is the coolest Gen Mok'ai.

Mætlöaff
3rd Jun 2005, 02:03 AM
but like the krall were weak characters with a bad attitude ,theyre supposed to be smelly or something, they are primitive, they are enslaved by the skaarj... how are they supposed to be cool... i enjoy killing masses of them, but i dont enjoy playing as one of them...
It's mostly the way they thwap you with their rods.

krjal
3rd Jun 2005, 08:13 AM
Anyone have a good screeny of a Krall?

I haven't played Unreal in ages and for some reason XP won't let me install it :p

Wowbagger
3rd Jun 2005, 08:18 AM
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00006J9OT.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Ops sorry wrong one ;)

http://du.new21.net/du/uguide/sub_images/u_e_krall.jpg

carmatic
3rd Jun 2005, 08:29 AM
Anyone have a good screeny of a Krall?

I haven't played Unreal in ages and for some reason XP won't let me install it :p

why dont you just play invasion?

Artman40
3rd Jun 2005, 08:41 AM

And last but not least!

You forgot one:
Squids will be in UT2019!

carmatic
3rd Jun 2005, 09:03 AM
uhh can someone post a pic of a squid for me please? i've never seen one in-game... all ive seen before are the small fish, the big scary fish, and uhh thats all the aquatic things ive seen... or the slith too....

NeoNite
3rd Jun 2005, 09:43 AM
Sure thing, here are a couple of Squid pics (map: Nyleve's falls - Unreal):

Artman, I've also left out the birds and nalirabbits and babynalicows :lol:

You know, there are people who're under the impression that Unreal doesn't have that many monsters/creatures.

THEY'RE WRONG.

Unreal has tons of creatures wakling, flying, swimming around the levels. You'd be surprised :O)

krjal
3rd Jun 2005, 11:55 PM
Wow, that's beauti...wait a minute...

Hmm, not really that inspiring is it? I want my Skaarj back!

And Gen Mo'Kai...

Yeh, i forgot about them in invasion.

FireCrack
4th Jun 2005, 01:24 AM
squid were awesome, best enemy ever!

Bloodwolf806
4th Jun 2005, 08:30 AM
Epic could care less about Skaarj if they have Malcolm, Gorge, and Xan :rolleyes:

I'm happy though, because the Necris are returning!

NeoNite
4th Jun 2005, 10:04 AM
Imho, the Skaarj pwn malcolm, xan and gorge.

But well, somebody will probably mod them in.

Squid are... tbh, not that big of a threat ... they're relatively slow and weak opponents.

But they're beefed up in the akcoop mod (http://www.angelfire.com/empire/napali/mods.html)

They swim very fast, and can rip you to shreds quite easily if you're being careless.
But they're not among the most dangerous monsters of akcoop...

XaN
20th Jul 2005, 05:40 AM
Why dont they put in this time nali and those weird skarrj's that have these cool shields that come out of there hand.they also should add abilities like the skarrj could use in case of low ammo there pop up knives and energy balls,and the nali have the ability to scream and run in circles in case of danger,and the titans would have high hp and melee damage,now that would be cool:rolleyes:

Swerto
29th Jul 2005, 03:26 PM
Well atleast Xan is in it so I guess I'll be him again-<sigh>