help me make hotsauce

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Saladin

Fez Toting Warrior!
Jul 25, 2002
Atlanta, GA, USA
home.attbi.com
i got me a pound each of scotch bells and habeneros, rated at 350k scovilles, and well, i wanna extract the capsaicin myself, anyone know how?

i just want the extract...w/o buying it, i wanna make it myself.

fist_mlrs

that other guy
Jan 4, 2001
Zittau, Germany
www.fistmlrs.com
tasty. since the capsaicin isn't destroyed by geat i'd just slowly kook the chilies with just a litle bit of water till the skin is the only solid substance left. if you want it realy hot you'll have to do some more work though. i've got a recipte i'll translate for you.

//edit:
Step 1: ingredents
Chilis. For our experiment we use a 35g-Package afrikan birdeye chilis. Alcohol as high-per cent pure as possible, ethyl alcohol as possible , preferably at least 95 per cent. We need 100 ml, but best you buy somewhat more. A clean jam glass with well sealing cover. Eye protector, household gloves.
extract1.jpg

step 2:
Cut each chili at least once, so that the alcohol can penetrate well (gloves!). Fill the cut up chili into the glass and pour them with 100 ml alcohol, so that they are completely covered (if necessary use somewhat more alcohol). Let the mixture stay for at least 1 week and shake them well every few days.
extract2.jpg

step 3:
necessary stuff: tea filter, heatproof dish and a pot, into which this dish fits, and naturally again eye protector and gloves. Pour contents of the glass by a fine tea filter into the dish.
extract3.jpg

step 4:
Heat the solution filling up straight as much water into the pot that the dish dives into it, without bringing the water to overflowing. Also no water may run into the dish when cooking. carefully cook the water. Importantly: Switch the vapor departure to highest stage and/or open you the kitchen window. Since high-per cent alcohol evaporates, do not smoke!
extract4.jpg

step 5: Take the dish from the pot, while the botom is still covered with excerpt liquid. Attention - one misses this moment fast! Scrape with kitchen putty or plastic spoon the valuable set excerpt of the dish wall into the liquid; add little alcohol if necessary. Congratulations: you have now rather highly concentrated Chili excerpt! Note: Trying the pure excerpt one can actually only advise against.
extract5.jpg
extract6.jpg

Last edited:

Saladin

Fez Toting Warrior!
Jul 25, 2002
Atlanta, GA, USA
home.attbi.com
joes insanity sauce is rated to 1.5mill scovilles i believe, and thatll rip grease off of concrete. i want to get as close to pure capsaicin as possible, thats 16million scovilles, that will kill a little baby....i know, ive tried....shhhh....im not in the clear yet.... anyhoo, ill give this a try after i get back, im letting the peppers dry out for now, making it a little easier to get out the capsaicin...so ive been told.

Lord_Bunker

Apr 18, 2000
Visit site
didn't think of that one, you could put it in a little squirt gun and squirt a cat in the but as it walks away.

a guy i used to work with said he wanted to get back at his girlfriend so he put tabasco on the out side of his condom.

Saladin

Fez Toting Warrior!
Jul 25, 2002
Atlanta, GA, USA
home.attbi.com
wow, i just added the everclear w/ my precut peppers, and theyd been sitting in that jar for a little bit, i slit the skins all over and cut it in half to see what it could do w/ the seeds....anyhoo, you can see the alcohol instantly pickup a lot of that oil...., 1 more week to go, then i got to decide how im making the actual hotsauce.

Saladin

Fez Toting Warrior!
Jul 25, 2002
Atlanta, GA, USA
home.attbi.com
i finished making a fresno batch today.....dude....****ing hot, fresnos are weak, but good flavor, but this is friggin hot now, me and my dad had been having some disagreements recently to say the least...and well, he was 2nd to try it, it burned him for 10min striaght...so i figure, considering he only dipped a kabob stick into it and tasted the end...that its pretty hot to not just me....i dont think i hit my 3mill scoville mark though, i think im at around 1.5-2 :(.