PDA

View Full Version : server hosting

Phrixxus
23rd May 2005, 02:37 AM
i've been looking around for hosts lately to purchase a ut2k4 server and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on which host to go with.

Phrixxus
23rd May 2005, 04:28 PM
.............thanks guys.

CyberSirius
23rd May 2005, 05:10 PM
dude,awnsers dosen't come always in 14 hours

Tenkken
23rd May 2005, 05:19 PM
Depends on how much money you want to spend.

GriffinRun - Best ping, high price
Art of War Central - Decent ping, lowest price I believe

Those are the only two I have experience in. I've looked through the rest and they mostly are inbetween these above two in price. Not sure about ping though :/

Raffi_B
23rd May 2005, 05:51 PM
Vipers-Servers (http://www.vipers-servers.com/) is the best, hands-down. They run top-quality hardware and it won't cost nearly as much to rent one as compared to other competitors.

hal
23rd May 2005, 05:58 PM
FYI - If you want to try one out, hop on our FragBU Viper server.

haarg
23rd May 2005, 06:15 PM
Where are you located in the world?

Selerox
23rd May 2005, 06:27 PM
If he's in Europe, it's a whole new ballgame :)

You looking for a public or private server?

Tenkken
23rd May 2005, 08:36 PM
Vipers-Servers (http://www.vipers-servers.com/) is the best, hands-down. They run top-quality hardware and it won't cost nearly as much to rent one as compared to other competitors.

AOWC still wins price wise. I'm not too crazy about Viper, it runs decently but has its bad days too.

Xaero_UT
23rd May 2005, 08:46 PM
sure, if ure aus go ozforces, they're expensive, but worth the money.. other hosts like xges, just use ozforces anyway, and they dont know anything about it..

mind u, jsg servers are preety good atm...

don't go gamespace, they suxor

Phrixxus
24th May 2005, 02:54 AM
dude,awnsers dosen't come always in 14 hours

I know, sorry, guess I got impatient. :(

Vipers-Servers is the best, hands-down. They run top-quality hardware and it won't cost nearly as much to rent one as compared to other competitors.

thanks, yeah I was looking into viper and fragged servers last night, viper looked better from what I could tell.

Where are you located in the world? & You looking for a public or private server?

Atlanta, Georgia. I'm just looking to purchase a good, low pinging, central server in the US. for a good pub for people to play on other than the BU and ScrapBin servers. - nothin against them, they're great servers, just wish there were more. :)

Phrixxus
24th May 2005, 02:58 AM
FYI - If you want to try one out, hop on our FragBU Viper server.

thanks, yeah I'll try to join up this weekend. :)