PDA

View Full Version : A G36k Project

N'kEnNy
22nd May 2005, 08:23 PM
http://www.hksystems.com.au/images/millaw/rifles/bigg36k.jpg
G36k Project
Intention
This project was undertaken due to 3 reasons.

1. Sentrystudio G36 is almost never used due to less than optimal Sights.
2. G36 is removed from many servers due to D3d error
3. G36 is a next-generation battle rifle that really deserves to be in Infiltration. Presented in a viable fashion.

Personally I'd say that I'm a 'fan' of the G36, to the extent one can be a 'fan' of an item whose sole purpose is killing people. The Sentry-Studios model is a good one, but the game implementation is somewhat lacking. In addition to that the "unique" combi-sight offered by the G36 is Clunky hand hard to use effectively.

Because SentryStudios doesn't want us messing around with 'their' weapons and models. Very understandable. This project was undertaken.

Overall Goals
The overall goal is to implement the G36 weapon system in Infiltration. I've chosen the G36k as it is not only a good looking, but tacticaly flexible. The G36k should also feature a set of attachments that make it a viable option when compared to all the other weapons already in Infiltration.

Some Tweaking should hopefully be used in order to make the G36k ironsights useful.

The list of G36k weapon features should include the following:
- Combi-sight. (3.5x and Aimpoint)
- Reflex Sight
- Suppressor
- Grenade Launcher
- Ironsights if necessary

Though personally I feel that Infiltration is already over-saturated with both grenade launchers and suppressors it has become a simple fact that a weapon MUST feature one of these things to be worthwhile. Or as in the case of the AKMSU or AKM a drum-magazine.

The end result should be a weapon that is hopefully similar to the current G36. Except that it is tactically flexible, not bugged, and features easy to use Sights.

Inf mod team
I'd ask you guys to help me along, but I must admit I feel rather bad for just leaving you guys with the AKM(S) model. Then traveling. Thus I intend to take a more active part in the development of this weapon.
To the point of learning how to code the weapon as necessary.

Onward to the first screens. The Green-Folding stock is a stop-gap feature that will be replaced. I just felt the need to make a quick-something to fill in the blank spot in my model. Obviously it isn't finished yet, and should be considered a Work in progress.

First Dev Version
-Clicky for larger version.
http://www.modportal.net/images/medium/591.jpg (http://www.modportal.net/images/orginal/591.jpg)
-G36k Side View

http://www.modportal.net/images/medium/592.jpg (http://www.modportal.net/images/orginal/592.jpg)
-Side View in Wireframe

http://www.modportal.net/images/medium/593.jpg (http://www.modportal.net/images/orginal/593.jpg)
-G36k closer Side view

http://www.modportal.net/images/medium/594.jpg (http://www.modportal.net/images/orginal/594.jpg)
-G36k Front view

Questions, Comments, and suggestions are welcomed.

ecale3
22nd May 2005, 08:33 PM
We don't mind you dumping the AK on us, it worked out well. anyway, come to our forums. If you'd like a place on the team you've got one.

Blitzschlag
23rd May 2005, 05:55 AM
Comment(s)/Suggestion(s) see attached pic ;)

Vega-don
23rd May 2005, 07:06 AM
nice work

N'kEnNy
23rd May 2005, 07:09 AM
Quick update:
Finalized the stock
Did some tweaking here and there
Made the optical mount

Leaf sight basics created.

Ecale3:
Sure I might just do that. I'm in a hurry right now though, I'll drop in.

Blitzschlag:
The model currently has the typical 'insane' polycount for a WIP. Once I get down to tweaking, unecessary bits will fall away.
Besides, you never know if this model is going to go somewhere else in the future. Its easier to polygon shave a model, than to add detail to a model without any. (IMho)

Currently it weights in at a shocking 2,7k *ph34r* (with attachments etc) but there are many ways to decrease this count. *shrug* I'm not worried yet.

I'll get down to the rest of the attachments once I get back home.

Corporal_Lib [BR]
23rd May 2005, 11:30 AM
Beautiful!!!!! The G36K is a must!!! Could I suggest a LAM/tac light to attach at the side rails? Both at once, preferably{=)P
I am one of the few looneys that still use the SS G36 online... just for kicks... but Iīll certainly exchange for NīKenny īs one...

N'kEnNy
23rd May 2005, 02:24 PM
Vega-Don & Corporal_Lib [BR]
Glad you liked it :) I think the G36 in the game doesn't do the G36 weapon system justice.

Regarding Flashlight and LAM: These were not part of the original plans, however plans are made to be changed. While finding a G36 specific flashlight wasn't hard (though it made for a rather unimpressive model if you ask me) finding a suitable LAM has been harder.
There are nearly no pictures of LAMs on G36s. While I guess any LAM would do, curstey of the RIS. I'm still having trouble finding an appropriate one.

Even though I model them, I cannot not promise adding them.

Photo OP
Time for a quick photo-op. To be honest there is nothing in particular thats new on the main model. There have been some tweaking done, but I'm still waiting with the polygon shaving and Culling.

The main body, forearm and such have undergone some of the classic unoticable changes. Changes that really matter in the long run. Polygons have been turned around, holes have been tweaked, and ineffective solutions have been altered as necessary. As noted, main polygon culling hasn't started yet.

The AG36 has been created, though I'm starved for good pictures of this weapon. Particulary its backside is sort of lacking. There seem to be very many versions of this weapon, which has made it a pain to model. (currently it looks rather plain)

EoTech Sight has been added, though it isn't finalized. I just felt doing a photo-op without having some sort of sight system would be rather silly.

Optics
Though my mission intent stated that I'd include not only the CQB type optics with the weapon but also the Dual-sight of the regular G36. I'm having some second thoughts. Mainly because I don't really see any current G36k pictures with this item.
Furthermore I'm guessing that in the near future the regular G36 will be fixed, or unbugged. I wouldn't want my weapon supplanting anything already in Infiltration.
I plan to speak with the Inf Mod team on this subject.

Onwards to the pictures -->
Questions, Comments, and suggestions are as always welcomed

UN17
23rd May 2005, 03:00 PM
Wow, nice work!

(un)l33t_1
23rd May 2005, 04:41 PM
um... isn't the RIS version of the G36 the G36C? or am I completely delusional... the current weapon is the G36K (kurz, as opposed to commando)

(un)l33t_1
23rd May 2005, 04:42 PM
or is this a RIS G36 with the same length as the G36K?

Arethusa
23rd May 2005, 04:44 PM
The pictured weapon is a G36K with the sight and rail setup from a G36c. Not a variant I'm familiar with, but certainly not impossible.

Because SentryStudios doesn't want us messing around with 'their' weapons and models. Very understandable.
Ha! Ahaha. Ha. Oh man.

N'kEnNy
23rd May 2005, 04:45 PM
Keep in mind that RIS only refers to the Rail Interface systems. These can be attached on nearly any firearm. There are more than one fore-end for the G36k that is RIS capable. The best looking one is quite amazing. Unfortunatly its model complexity would be very high (to look good) and it is therefore outside the scope of Infiltration models. (without serious holes :/ )

Lethal Dosage
23rd May 2005, 06:19 PM
[QUOTE=N'kEnNy]
Though personally I feel that Infiltration is already over-saturated with both grenade launchers and suppressors it has become a simple fact that a weapon MUST feature one of these things to be worthwhile. Or as in the case of the AKMSU or AKM a drum-magazine. [QUOTE]

This probably sounds silly, but hows bout a Beta C Mag (them big dual 5.56 drum mags) for it? Personally i think there are too many suppressors in inf and a GL would look funny, and ATM there is only the AKM/AKMSU weapons with drum mags, there are no 5.56 weapons with them it would be interesting and a something almost completely new without it becoming a "Uber" weapon or a big whore gun, because the more powerful AKM would still be more favoured.

Just a thought...

Blitzschlag
23rd May 2005, 06:22 PM
I already have a C-Mag modeled for my G36-LMG so i think there is no need for it :) (Thats only my opinion)

Psychomorph
23rd May 2005, 06:44 PM
Awesome, but will they be just the K version? A G36 fullsized rifle would be awesome.

N'kEnNy
23rd May 2005, 06:48 PM
Time again for another Update.

Arethusa
Sometimes the infiltration forums just scare me. You are correct at every point. I didn't believe a variant like that existed until I came across the picture which is shown in the top of the thread.

Like I said, there are other RIS systems avaliable to the G36k. Some more sexy than others. I found that the one I personally felt looked the best (and seen used by the KSK) would be hard to model correctly for Infiltration. Theres also a totally new fore-end that I've seen here and there. Unfortunatly the pictures I've found weren't very good.

A compromise in other words. I still feel that the end result does look quite nice. Don't you agree?

Lethal Dosage
:hmm: How can I put this. I'd rather not, I've got a gut feeling that tells me it would be a bad idea. I'd say that in order to preserve the AKMs unique status a little longer, we keep the number of weapons with extended magazine capacity to a few. Besides imagine a weapon that is potentially more accurate than a AKM with a huge magazine capacity, the thought is scary. Particulary when used with scope, combine it with the fact that it operates like an Assault Rifle on the move, a light assault rifle at that...

Having a C-mag (or similar high capacity magazine) on a Squad Automatic type weapon like a RPK(-74), MG-36, or even L85-variant would on the other hand be much more apropriate.

In the end, I'm afraid it comes down to what the Inf Mod Team feel fits best. I'm afraid that my personal oppinion is that I'll be fighting teeth and claws for it not to happen.

Blitzschlag
Very kind of you to offer. If it becomes necessary I'd be glad to be saved the trouble of modeling it.
Then again it would be nice to have a real Squad-support type weapon in Inf.

For the Update
In a quite confident fashion I stated that reducing the polycount wouldn't be a problem. Fortunatly I was correct. *phew* Though it was looking a little bad at one point heh.

Note that the EOtech wasn't included in the calculations as the choice of optics/sights has not been finalized yet. The untweaked, unfinished, draft, unworthy EOtech weights in at around 200 polygons.

It still is a little high, but I'm not really worried. There are quite a few places I can easily remove a few polygons. It really depends on the animations. Final Culling will take place once these things are a little more clarified.

The end result? I'll let you decide that.

Edit: Added G36k + AG36 Polycount. Its rather high, but like mentioned before. Hopefully will not be a problem for the final model...

To do:
Poly shave and finish other attachments.
Decide on Optics

Skinning + Animating and whatnots.

Questions, suggestions, yeah yeah, you know the score.

Arethusa
23rd May 2005, 08:24 PM
I agree, it looks good. As does your work; you did a very good job of managing those poly limits. I do, however, think you should focus more attention on bringing back some detail in the foregrip. That gets seen a lot, and when your limits are as tight as they are in UT, you absolutely need to take factors like that into consideration. Realistically, I think your best shot might be shaving a bit more off the stock, thought you know your model better than I do, naturally.

Also, any chance you might be able to do a G36c? There's lots of overlap work, so I imagine you could really use a lot of the same attachments (a few unique to each for balance and realism, perhaps). Infiltration is sorely lacking a real compact carbine, and the G36c is positively hot.

Blitzschlag
23rd May 2005, 09:05 PM
*cough*

Arethusa u know that there is a G36c in the INF armory???
So u'll have to ask SS for the allowance to make one cuase they said sometime, that they don't want to see any weapons out of the Armory ingame made by 3rd party ;)

*cough*

Arethusa
23rd May 2005, 10:11 PM
SS has rather clearly abandoned UT and everything related to it. The gentleman's agreemant that existed on not doing any weapons in the armory pretty much went up in smoke after the Bonus Pack was released.

Lethal Dosage
23rd May 2005, 10:34 PM
Lethal Dosage
:hmm: How can I put this. I'd rather not, I've got a gut feeling that tells me it would be a bad idea. I'd say that in order to preserve the AKMs unique status a little longer, we keep the number of weapons with extended magazine capacity to a few. Besides imagine a weapon that is potentially more accurate than a AKM with a huge magazine capacity, the thought is scary. Particulary when used with scope, combine it with the fact that it operates like an Assault Rifle on the move, a light assault rifle at that...

Having a C-mag (or similar high capacity magazine) on a Squad Automatic type weapon like a RPK(-74), MG-36, or even L85-variant would on the other hand be much more apropriate.

In the end, I'm afraid it comes down to what the Inf Mod Team feel fits best. I'm afraid that my personal oppinion is that I'll be fighting teeth and claws for it not to happen.

Hey thats cool, i just thought that a high-cap 5.56 weapon other than the Minimi is needed. If your G36k will have half the attachments you've planned i'll use it as much as my AKM and my M16a2 (i know its an oldie, but a goodie)

N'kEnNy
24th May 2005, 01:31 PM
That time of the month again
Development has slowed a bit as I'm there is still thoughts going into how to finalize the optics/ironsights.
I've considered just sitting down and making all possibilities, but it does seem like a wasted effort.

Some minor Polygon shaving did take place, reducing the polycount by 80 or so. Like mentioned before. I can pretty much get the model polycount as low as I want it. If I want it to be any lower now though, I'll have to sacrifice some visual quality and ease of UVW mapping.

So why update? Look below.

Lethal Dosage
I believe Blitzschlag and the IMT just might have something more up their collective sleeves.

Blitzschlag and Arethusa
Technically the "no meddling" border has already been crossed. Heck it was more or less crossed back when the M16A4 model was made. Like Arethusa mentions, Sentry Studio have stopped developing Infiltration, this leaves room for us to play around.

A more thurough debate on which G36 model to create (regular, Carbine, or Compact) is for a later date. For now, I'll prove that its pretty easy to transfer.
Heres a G36c and the currentmost G36k

(un)l33t_1
24th May 2005, 05:45 PM
lol the beta-C mag, fyi, is also in real life available for the M4A1 (and all STANAG-compatible weapons). It would be nothing short of monstrous to include one in the game, unless the bulk was prohibitively high. By the way, the G36K looks better than the G36C (longer barrel -looks more rifle-like).

Psychomorph
24th May 2005, 06:23 PM
No full sized G36? :(

Arethusa
24th May 2005, 07:36 PM
Hell, at this point, I think it might be worth it to do the full size, K, and c variants all at once. Maybe the SAW variant as well.

Also, to anyone who says the kurz variant looks better than the commando: you are wrong about everything in life, and I probably want you to die.

(un)l33t_1
24th May 2005, 08:08 PM
wahh don't hurt me

Cyberjake
24th May 2005, 09:13 PM
I love to see both variants released at once. :)

ecale3
24th May 2005, 09:25 PM
lol the beta-C mag, fyi, is also in real life available for the M4A1 (and all STANAG-compatible weapons). It would be nothing short of monstrous to include one in the game, unless the bulk was prohibitively high. By the way, the G36K looks better than the G36C (longer barrel -looks more rifle-like).

However, due to the mechanism of the M16/M4 series weapons, the beta c mag is somewhere between unreliable and useless.

Vega-don
25th May 2005, 04:49 AM
please no beta-c mag.. i already see to much AKMS drums..

ravens_hawk
25th May 2005, 10:37 AM
You know what would be really horrible? A beta cmag on an M249.

ecale3
25th May 2005, 03:05 PM
You know what would be really horrible? A beta cmag on an M249.

why is that?

cracwhore
25th May 2005, 03:34 PM
If I had to guess - fast reloads.

On the subject of the G36, I really believe the G36c would be the more ideal weapon to have in-game. However, if you're willing to do both, more power to you.

N'kEnNy
25th May 2005, 04:02 PM
Photo-Op #2

C-Mags and Drum-Magazines
Won't happen. Period.

Atleast not on any Assault Rifle type weapon produced by my hands. For an LMG or Squad type weapon it may be different though. It can be argued that not including them is a realism thing, I won't do that though. It comes down to game-balance if you ask me. High capacity magazines of any sort detract, break and bend gameplay in ways it shouldn't need to go. Particulary so when there are no 'penalties' or limits on carrying them.

This is my personal oppinion, and my statement may not carry weight at the end of this project. There I've written my thoughts loudly and proudly, and covered my ass at the same time. Moving on.

Optics and Sights
Having gotten past my downtime I felt it was time to start working again. I dug around on the net hunting for pictures of the various optics I'd want to include. If there are any mistakes, please point them out.

In the end I decided to do Open Sights, an EOTECH Holo(?) sight, and the Dual-optic of the regular version. The pictures are avaliable below.

I've taken the liberty of attaching them to the G36 series weapon I felt most appropriate. While the various optics are spread around, they will idealy be avaliable to the G36k. Though I've modeled a few G36-series type weapons, I cannot promise all of them will be in the game.

Though I'm gradually warming to the idea of creating a little "family" of 1-2 weapons. I hesitate to claim I can do so. Inf Mod Teams plans must be heeded. And another question for the future. Is there some sort of Max weapon limit in the game? I assume each added weapon steals a certain amount of RAM. Though I find it hard to believe that anyone have any trouble running infiltration, there may be engine limitations. ETC.

Help Needed
Those of you who study the models really hard might notice that something is missing... I'm having trouble finding a good picture of the AG36 LADDER sight thats used with the G36k. If any of you have some good pictures, please send them my way.

To do:
Start UVW mapping
Skinning + Animating and whatnots.

Questions, suggestions, and suggestions are welcomed

{GD}Odie3
25th May 2005, 04:38 PM
Does this link help?

http://home.wxs.nl/~rouw0062/dcdbase/fa_gl_ag36.htm

I am not even sure if this is correct or not, sorry if it is a waste of a "click".

Arethusa
25th May 2005, 05:02 PM
That's all correct as far as I know.

(un)l33t_1
25th May 2005, 07:16 PM
I'm still convinced that the K variant is the best. C'mon guys, the C variant is just too short... like me...

Lethal Dosage
25th May 2005, 10:16 PM
I reckon a small family of variants would be a good way to go, say the G36c and/or G36k, and the G36 LMG, with if possible the Beta C mag only available to the LMG version, i know whats been said, and i agree with there being no beta C mag on the assault rifles,

But with the only option of a 30rd mag on a LMG is just silly, there needs to be some sort of high-cap option, otherwise there will be nothing to set it apart from a heavy, chunky, assault rifle. At least with a high-cap magazine it would be similar to a minimi, but with half the magazinecapacity (approx), and bit faster reload time, for balance you could make it longer, and with optics would make it interesting for the longer range fire support.

Well thats my 2 cents (or well 5 cents since there isn't 1 or 2 cent pieces around any more). I'm expecting a flaming for these comments, but this is my opinion, and anything new will be welcomed by myself and most of the community.

Taque
26th May 2005, 04:22 AM
or well 5 cents since there isn't 1 or 2 cent pieces around any more
:con:
You don't have pennies? That and the euro subdivision (centimes) come with both 1 and 2 centime pieces. :p

Oh, and good job, looks sweet.

Nukeproof
26th May 2005, 05:50 AM
... and the copper is usually worth more than the coin build of it :p

Blitzschlag
26th May 2005, 06:41 AM
I reckon a small family of variants would be a good way to go, say the G36c and/or G36k, and the G36 LMG, with if possible the Beta C mag only available to the LMG version, i know whats been said, and i agree with there being no beta C mag on the assault rifles,

Well u didnt read my post or???

Lethal Dosage
26th May 2005, 08:57 PM
I already have a C-Mag modeled for my G36-LMG so i think there is no need for it :) (Thats only my opinion)

Whoops, forgot bout that, my bad.

@Taque: No i'm in Australia, we stopped having 1 and 2 cant pieces a hell of a long time ago, before i could remember at least. And no, no pennies. :)

ravens_hawk
27th May 2005, 05:40 AM
OK since I don't feel like digging around the code can someone tell me what damage the current G36K does? I'm just asking because I've looked at the barrel lengths for these guns and it's, shall we say, interesting.
Lengths:
G36 18.9" (on par with a FAMAS)
G36K 12.5" (maybe on par with a Sig)
G36C 9" (maybe on par with a P90 ;) )
Just as a rough guide I found this from ammo oracle (http://www.ammo-oracle.com/body.htm#m193orm855)

Distance to 2700 fps 20" Barrel 16" Barrel 14.5" Barrel 11.5" Barrel
M193 190-200m 140-150m 95-100m 40-45m
M855 140-150m 90-95m 45-50m 12-15m

The 2700 fps mark is where the 5.56NATO bullet fragments and thus does more tissue damage than say a .22LR ;)
Now considering that INF uses M855 round (or so says the armory) what would be the point of a G36C? In fact based on this I would question the point of the Sig and G36K in game ATM but I suppose that's another topic for another day (if we ever wanted a reason for range based damage this would be it.) Anyhow I vote for a full size G36, this way we don't get into issues of what the damage should be (ala the M4 problems we had before) and can have a full size, full auto 5.56NATO rifle that doesn't have the FAMAS' sights ;)

N'kEnNy
27th May 2005, 07:10 AM
Odie
Excellent! That is exactly the type of picture I've been looking for. Who would have thought the best AG36 picture would be found on a M4'alike? Thanks a bunch.

ravens_hawk
I must admit that I was under the understanding that both the M16A2 and the M16A4 were considered full-sized NATO rifles?

Blitzschlag
I'd love to see a LMG type weapon of the MG36's capabilities in-game. Lets do some talking and see what we can come up with? Seeing as the MG36 is not (to my knowledge) deployed by any forces yet.

There will most likely not be an update today, and I'll be @ work all weekend. We'll see what happens.

Maverick_[GER]
27th May 2005, 07:13 PM
That is a great project! http://forums.beyondunreal.com/images/smilies/2thumbs.gif I am so happy. http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/party/luxhello.gif What a good job N'kEnNy is doing! http://forums.beyondunreal.com/images/smilies/notworthy.gif

Please release all three versions (G36, G36K and G36C) as fast as possible. http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/anbet.gif
I cannot wait for it any longer. http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/icon_crazy.gif

BTW, I like the G36 and G36K more than the G36C. http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/daumen_3.gif

Arethusa
27th May 2005, 08:45 PM
Fragmentation distances are extremely debatable when it comes to 5.56x45mm, and even ballistics 'experts' have never really come to a solid consensus. Ravens' figures are on the conservative side. Right now, since Infiltration doesn't model this at all (or, perhaps more accurately, assumes that fragmentation happens at any distance), there's absolutely no sense in implementing it with the G36 and not doing the same for the other weapons. The G36c should just do proportionately less damage than the K, 551, etc.

HoZ
29th May 2005, 04:37 PM
what is all this about the SS G36? i never remember seeing it!

Jagdtiger
29th May 2005, 06:25 PM
It's in the armoury.

Burger
31st May 2005, 06:26 AM
ok, so to recap, what is being made?
gun(s), attachments

And what bearing is this gonna have on the IWE G36K

(un)l33t_1
31st May 2005, 09:00 PM
yeah, is the SS G36K going to be replaced in the load-out menu or what?

chuckus
2nd Jun 2005, 04:54 PM
You know what would be awesome. That cloth sac slung over the shoulder carrying 50, 000 rounds hooked up to a five-seven through an elabortae loading mechanism involving a chain link, hydraulic pump and a monkey somewhere in between.

Burger
9th Jun 2005, 05:04 AM
any more progress?

Corporal_Lib [BR]
9th Jun 2005, 12:33 PM
NīkEnny, donīt even try to vanish through the night, lefting a good project half-way done just like GD Wolfe did (the M1 was in beta stages but useable.... nobody suceed in contacting him? Maybe through mediunic sessions???)

Jagdtiger
16th Jun 2005, 03:07 PM
Must....not...let...thread....sink...into....abyss...

N'kEnNy
16th Jun 2005, 09:21 PM
Sorry guys. I'm still alive and kicking. The reason for my absence has been a new job which has rather dynamic hour scheduling. Which has meant that I haven't been able to really sit down infront of my computer for a while.
----

In either case. Yes, there has been some progress. Mostly in the realm of UV-mapping, though without a skin any changes/progress I make in terms of streamlining the mesh (and preparing it for the actual skin) won't really factor into things.

I will try to present you with a new photo-op by the next week.

Psychomorph
25th Dec 2005, 06:14 PM
So wassup man?

I swear if you make this one (http://www.hksystems.com.au/images/millaw/rifles/bigg36k.jpg), or better this one (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=89542&d=1116872627) you will rule.

Midwinter
25th Dec 2005, 08:24 PM
The words I don't want to hear whenever i am trying to apply for a job are "dynamic hour scheduling" :p. So Psychomorph, my guess is that he's working a lot of extra hours for free and he has no time to work on this ;)

Lidzsvars
27th Dec 2005, 05:10 AM
What about G36E. This type of G36 weapon familiy is the most popular, because it is an export version of this famous rifle. G36K, G36 are used only in German army, but export versions are used in many other countries. The diference between export and Bundeswehr-standard version is in sights. G36E with single 1.5X scope. the Bundeswehr-standard G36 looks exactly the same except for the scopes used. You can see this difference in
http://www.world.guns.ru/assault/as14-e.htm

chuckus
14th Mar 2006, 03:04 AM
I thought I'd give this a friendly bump and see where this project is. I've been waiting for the G36C since it first popped up on the main page armory and I've been quite diappointed with the SS version of the weapon.

Any new developments or has this project died with the rest?

Corporal_Lib [BR]
14th Mar 2006, 01:20 PM
The last geo posts indicates this project is going to be the next candy in Wp 1.4 :D (but iīm just guessing...)

geogob
14th Mar 2006, 02:15 PM
Yes you are just guessing. Totally Guess. Guessing like you never have. Actually, you are so far from the truth that the truth si somewhere close to mars while you're in brasil. Sorry :P

But a G36K is not impossible. Bushwack made a model way back with all possible attachments. Maybe the G36K might be modifiable without losing the skin we have to a G36C

Vega-don
14th Mar 2006, 02:55 PM
mm a german equivalent to an m4 who isnt a g36?

that can only be a frankfurter wurst launcher now

geogob
14th Mar 2006, 04:16 PM
Actually, it's a compact Weiß Wurst launcher. Sweat mustard dispenser available as attachment.

Corporal_Lib [BR]
14th Mar 2006, 09:14 PM
mm a german equivalent to an m4 who isnt a g36?

that can only be a frankfurter wurst launcher now

many ppl (Don and LD, at least) was guessing just like me, I guess XD

Oh boy, I was so ubber enthusiastic by my guessing... well, but I have faith in you geo, and I believe that this german rifle (that isnīt G36C) will bring more joy to this persistent community! ;-)

Gosh, Iīm having tickles in my fingertips... iīll risk to guess that if it isnīt G36C, could be that redone SIG551 (by bushwack) or a SIG552 Commando... luckly this mystery will be solved before april ...:o

chuckus
14th Mar 2006, 11:33 PM
Yes you are just guessing. Totally Guess. Guessing like you never have. Actually, you are so far from the truth that the truth si somewhere close to mars while you're in brasil. Sorry :P

Hmm. Seems to be one of those Pattented Geogob "Read Between the Lines" moments. I'm on to you.........

geogob
15th Mar 2006, 01:00 AM
I'm not telling you nananana :P

Vega-don
15th Mar 2006, 04:12 AM
']many ppl (Don and LD, at least) was guessing just like me, I guess XD

Oh boy, I was so ubber enthusiastic by my guessing... well, but I have faith in you geo, and I believe that this german rifle (that isnīt G36C) will bring more joy to this persistent community! ;-)

Gosh, Iīm having tickles in my fingertips... iīll risk to guess that if it isnīt G36C, could be that redone SIG551 (by bushwack) or a SIG552 Commando... luckly this mystery will be solved before april ...:o

its swiss

geo the mp7 is not an equivalent to an m4:p

or it can be if you talk about game whorage

OICW
15th Mar 2006, 05:47 AM
It could be a HK33, HK53 or even a Stg-44...

Vega-don
15th Mar 2006, 07:03 AM
http://world.guns.ru/assault/as75-e.htm ?

geogob
15th Mar 2006, 10:47 AM
Keep Guessing :P

Lethal Dosage
16th Mar 2006, 02:31 AM
Well i'm gonna ignore the hints and guess thats its either a UMP 45 or a fully automatic Glock! Or failing that i'll just go with that HK416 carbine suggested by Don.

geogob
16th Mar 2006, 10:17 AM
Well i'm gonna ignore the hints

wise.

keihaswarrior
17th Mar 2006, 05:21 AM

But a G36K is not impossible. Bushwack made a model way back with all possible attachments. Maybe the G36K might be modifiable without losing the skin we have to a G36C
After the MP5A4A2, I'd rather we steer clear of anything Bushwack modeled.

Crowze
17th Mar 2006, 06:35 AM
We?

geogob
17th Mar 2006, 08:58 AM
I'm sorry KW, but that's not the kind of negative and useless comment I'm expecting from, above all, an IMT beta tester.

Psychomorph
12th May 2006, 07:16 AM
PLEASE!

Psychomorph
20th Jan 2008, 01:29 PM
To bad. :(

chuckus
21st Jan 2008, 12:46 AM
Yup, one of the biggest cockteases in INf history along with the m1 garand and several other very promising projects.

Psychomorph
21st Jan 2008, 03:13 PM
I am crying every night now.

All I want is a G36V (plus AG36)

- Use a reflex sight of your choice.
- Attach a flashlight and an IR laser designator on the side-ris'.
- Keep the AG36 ladder sight (which is on the left side of the weapon) in a usable position so you don't need to manually get it up and down all the time.

All the attachments can be used with two keys (the original "attachment key" and an additional one):
- The "attachment key" switches between the sights, a double-tap activates the grenade launcher.
- The "other key" activates the flashlight, a double-tap activates the IR laser.

This gun is best and we all want it.

Corporal_Lib [BR]
21st Jan 2008, 11:27 PM
...and I want to betatest your re-textured clasic weapons and camos, Psycho!!! I´ve just saw the 2.9 wallpapers and all weapons looked detailed skinned and it reminds me we´re eager for your pet project!!!

N'kEnNy
22nd Jan 2008, 07:16 AM
So... are people still even playing Infiltration?
Fun game, decent audience, **** engine(been so since day one, doesn't carry its age well at all).

Psychomorph
22nd Jan 2008, 08:02 AM
In my case actually no, I was already leaving Infiltration back in early 2006, means I was barely playing, but than came the Infiltration/Unreal Cooperative game (see my signature) and that is what kept me here. With a good team it is lots of fun... and with a G36V it would be more fun.

Psychomorph
22nd Jan 2008, 02:10 PM
A weapon like this I would not only like to see beeing slapped into the game as usual, but with options that you can define in an .ini file.

Options like:
- setting the rate of fire that the weapon will be set to on start.
- setting how many keys to use; either two keys with four functions, or four keys.
- weapon position options; who want his gun to look shouldered when hipped in the 1st person, could have it, otherwise you can set it to look like hipped.
- "reflex sight slightly closer to the view/slightly further away from the view" toggle.
- etc.

That would be the perfect weapon, for co-op.

Alo_08
22nd Jan 2008, 02:11 PM
make it with ammodrum plz

ente
22nd Jan 2008, 02:28 PM
yeah c-mag would be great :D

Psychomorph
22nd Jan 2008, 02:36 PM
The LMG36 version has a C-Mag and bipods, that is the only form of a C-Mag in use that I would tolerate.
It is physically possible/comfortable to use the C-Mag with a AG36 beeing attached, but I am not sure if I would really like to have this ingame.

EGM<NL>E
22nd Jan 2008, 04:53 PM
he he i mentioned the beta c-mag before in a lost thread, i also wanted it for a diemaco lsw for an mg36 and a shrike lmg:D

another nice mg would be the FN mk48 mod 0, sort of an upgraded minimi with rails and a larger caliber 7.62 x 51

or the minimi para, widely in use in the dutch armed forces

N'kEnNy
28th Jan 2008, 10:56 AM

Lethal Dosage
29th Jan 2008, 09:41 PM
I always wanted some sort or optics for the FN FAL to compensate for it's horrible sights ingame, as well as a Mag58 and a SVD. But i guess i won't get either since all development and new weapons are stopped, we've now got the M60 and VSS.

I reckon what would be nice is either a SPAS-15 or Saiga 12k, and a MG3 would be really nice. Oh well, perhaps Psych's texture pack will someday get released. Last i heard it was nearly done and being tested, so?????? *hint hint*

Corporal_Lib [BR]
30th Jan 2008, 07:26 AM
If the texturepack is being tested in some of the COOP servers, I gotta play online again XD

Sidenote: those G36 in N kenny´s second photo look really dirty... is it handcrafted camoflage?

chuckus
31st Jan 2008, 12:19 AM
If I'm not mistaken it's like a removable spray paint that adheres to weapons well. It's the stuff they put on m4s in iraq and afhganistan to make the weapons sand colored.

If you make a solidly painted green or weapon it defeats the purpose since nothing is solid in the woodlands. the idea is to break up the form of the weapon so that it's harder to distinguish at distance. It doesn't have to look pretty. Just work. In the desert it's almost monochromatic so colors other that "sand" stick out like a sore thumb. So you try to cover up as much black as possible. But the paint isn't meant to last long so it chips off quite easily. I find that gruff look adds to the appeal of the weapons but that's just me.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/64/US_Navy_SEAL_team_member_in_Afghanistan_2002.jpg/799px-US_Navy_SEAL_team_member_in_Afghanistan_2002.jpg