my map, UWRL-Craze

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

craze

Jan 27, 2005
I posted this in general so it would be noticed and it dosent rrealy have anything to do with editing so snipe, could you put my map up to the server for tonight so I can get any major concerns with it fixed and release the final (this it probaly v0.96). andway will somone else get it hiosted someware because i am hosting it myself and have a pathetic upload rate of 15kb/s (with DSL, :eek: )

you can get the current ver at

www.craze42.com/mods/UT2004/UWRL-craze.ut2

JACK SH!T

Evil Genius in a Nutshell
Sep 2, 2004
craze said:
I posted this in general so it would be noticed and it dosent rrealy have anything to do with editing so snipe, could you put my map up to the server for tonight so I can get any major concerns with it fixed and release the final (this it probaly v0.96). andway will somone else get it hiosted someware because i am hosting it myself and have a pathetic upload rate of 15kb/s (with DSL, :eek: )

you can get the current ver at

www.craze42.com/mods/UT2004/UWRL-craze.ut2
Hey there Craze ;)
I don't think you willl have much luck getting anyone to host a beta map. If you want, I'll d/l the map, and you or I can host a game and work out the bugs. You never know, StevenHorton might be able to get Jerdago's server to test your map on. We/he/they might password it so it can be tested without a bunch of other pepole on it, but you'll need to take that up with them. I'm sure stevehorton can give you a few tips on getting your map right. After all, he is (IMHO) the best UW mapper right now.
Heck, I might even let you use one of my songs for it if I like it :D ;) :)

craze

Jan 27, 2005
JACK SH!T said:
Hey there Craze ;)
I don't think you willl have much luck getting anyone to host a beta map. If you want, I'll d/l the map, and you or I can host a game and work out the bugs. You never know, StevenHorton might be able to get Jerdago's server to test your map on. We/he/they might password it so it can be tested without a bunch of other pepole on it, but you'll need to take that up with them. I'm sure stevehorton can give you a few tips on getting your map right. After all, he is (IMHO) the best UW mapper right now.
Heck, I might even let you use one of my songs for it if I like it :D ;) :)
alright thanks, one of us could a server sometime (perferably today or tomorow) and test it out, ill just put up a dedicated unwheel rally server withe map on it now.("Craze's Server")

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
When he has a final version done (with arrows too!) I will host a mirror for it thats faster :) And in a bigger picture... hope to get a URL redirect setup so people can just DL maps off the server fast ;)

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
OK, played it through, my crits (don't take this too harshly, if this is your first map it by far outshines my first map, andmost other people's too):

1) If this map is finished it should have a level preview and materialsequence screenshot (or at least a static one)

2) You should choose some backing music for it. I believe that the racing always feels better when you can hear music along with it.

3) The shadows are far too dark (read: black), I suggest adding a zoneinfo and setting the zonelight ambient light properties to a grey-blue colour.

4) The light is too blue, there are two points associated with this: The light actually makes it harder to see after a while because it is too saturated and also it looks silly with the red background anyway.

5) The tunnel bits have bumps in the floor that the motorcycle and side car can't get over at all.

6) The buildings are very cubish.

7) The texture for the walkway-style thing is very blurred. I suggest using a texscaler and scaling it down at least 2x.

8) The meshes on the top of the buildings look very randomly placed, and randomly chosen. As far as I know they serve no purpose (Think: If I was building a skyscraper what would logically go on the roof: a bunch of random pillars or some air-conditioning vents, etc.)

9) I got lost a couple of times, here Steve's arrows would really help

That's all I can think of. Anyway as I said don't take it too much to heart, as a first map it's pretty good, and I'm only saying this so that your second map will be that much better.

BTW. That firework effect at the end is good, but maybe some soun to go with it?.

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
Well there are 2 things PX that I think is on your end... Just to help craze narrow things down.
2) You should choose some backing music for it. I believe that the racing always feels better when you can hear music along with it.
F11 fixes that. You can play ANY song you want... even mp3's :)

BTW. That firework effect at the end is good, but maybe some soun to go with it?.
Mine plays the sound... so I dont know whats up with yours :p

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
$n][pErMan said:
Well there are 2 things PX that I think is on your end... Just to help craze narrow things down.
F11 fixes that. You can play ANY song you want... even mp3's :)

Even so adding some set backing music for those too lazy to use it is better.

JamesBong

'JeeP' addict
Sep 18, 2002
oHIo
Visit site
9) I got lost a couple of times, here Steve's arrows would really help
-most definately needs these

he and i ran the track just for to show me the proper way to go, and i still didnt get it..... as he decided some shortcut to show me... i still dont know which way to go :rolleyes:

-i like the loooong jump thingy and the conveyor type bits of track that roll you down the road... different

-need a faster d/l site :lol: