Gears Of War (Xbox 360 but PC???)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kriegs-Maschine

May 9, 2005
Hi all, I saw a few trailers about this game, it looks AWESOME, but strangely, I noticed there were all the monsters we saw from Unreal 3. Anyway... the question is... will this damn game be also on PC or only Xbox 360 ? :eek:

If they don't make it for PC, Epic are really losers...

Bullet10k

Apr 9, 2005
Kriegs-Maschine said:
Hi all, I saw a few trailers about this game, it looks AWESOME, but strangely, I noticed there were all the monsters we saw from Unreal 3.
You actually got fooled by BeyondUnreal's April Fools news post ROFL :lol:

EDIT: BTW this is a UT2007 forum not GoW, post this in the GoW forum ;)

Last edited:

Kriegs-Maschine

May 9, 2005
Bullet10k said:
You actually got fooled by BeyondUnreal's April Fools news post ROFL :lol:

EDIT: BTW this is a UT2007 forum not GoW, post this in the GoW forum ;)

Yeah I know but I just didnt want to search and if you want, it can be a bit related to UT2007 since both use the Unreal 3 Engine, hah! lol ;)

Kriegs-Maschine

May 9, 2005
ShadowKi][er said:
It's coming out for PC - don't worry.

Eurogamer: Yes, but that was about two years later!

J Allard: We didn't talk about sequencing. Gears Of War will be on both platforms, but it might be on one before the other. That's a little bit more of a game time decision.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=59297

WOOOOOO Awesome !!!!!!!!! Even if it comes out a few months after Xbox 360 version, at leat we will have it :D

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
I merged the two "OMG TEH PC" type threads. I hope we can keep all comments on the subject of a speculative pc release in this one thread.

Blaaguuu

taunt pthrust
May 27, 2002
Earshot of monkeys
Visit site
another hint it might be comign on PC:

i was just lookigna roudn in the PC section of GameSpot.com, clickignt he "see more" button to get mroe highlights, and they have a "Gears of War screenshots" highlight... in the PC section. i never noticed it before, it it keeps popping up now. but when i click it, it gives a page nto foudn error, because they dotn have a Gears of War for PC game listed yet... but maybe they are prepping it, and got ahead of themselves with the screenshtos highlight...

or mayeb they jsut messed up... :eek:

lol911

May 17, 2005
If they should decide to release Gears of War on the PC as well, I don't think they will spend as much time doing it as Bungie did with Halo (how much time did they use on that, 1.5 years?). The Unreal3 engine is obviously designed to work on many platforms; The PC (running both APIs), Xbox360 (running DX) and PS3 (running opengl), plus these consoles now performs better than nowadays computers, which will change in 2006, but point being is that they don't have to re-do much to port games to the PC or vice-versa with this next-gen engines and hardware, as they used to do.

It's late and I'm a bit sleepy, hope this post made any sense.