UT Audio

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Stinger

Apr 22, 2000
Visit site
I have been experiencing scratchy sound with UT. It's extremely annoying. Does anybody know what I can do to fix this problem?

Thanks. (Has this ever happened to anyone else?)

Foxpaw

This Spot For Rent
I doubt it, unless there's a driver problem somewhere, what are your system specs? (ie, CPU, sound card, etc...).

The music on my system gets scratchy when I'm in the chat room for some reason, but nowhere else. In the game it's fine.

I have a K6-III/400, SB Live! Value and always keep 3D sound on.

bullet2.gif

a.k.a. [CMi]El_Phantasmo

"Yeah! I'm down-drifting slowly
Going close enough to the sky
New world gone slay the devil
Can you show me a better way to die?"
-- El Phantasmo and the Chicken Run Blast-O-Rama/White Zombie

[This message has been edited by Foxpaw (edited 05-03-2000).]

Stinger

Apr 22, 2000
Visit site
Sorry, I didn't mean music. My sound effects become really scratchy usually when explosions go off close to the screen or when I kill people.

Foxpaw

This Spot For Rent
Well, I've never heard of RipTide... it's not a bargain bin sound card is it? ;) Who makes it? It could be your speakers, they might not be able to handle the volume if you're playing with it really loud... It might be 3D audio, since as far as I know the only 3D APIs that UT supports are EAX and A3D.

bullet2.gif

a.k.a. [CMi]El_Phantasmo

"Yeah! I'm down-drifting slowly
Going close enough to the sky
New world gone slay the devil
Can you show me a better way to die?"
-- El Phantasmo and the Chicken Run Blast-O-Rama/White Zombie

Feb 15, 2000
members.dencity.com
Unless you have a Soundcard that supports 3D stereo sound checking that option will cause audio distortion, the same thing happened to me when I turned it on.

bullet2.gif

"Obire Verus Dracos" -Motto of the 152nd Imperial Dragoons

Oberon412

Jan 24, 2000
Brigantine, NJ, USA
Visit site
Check in your unrealtournament.ini (that's in the system directory) and go to the header "galaxyaudio...". make sure the output rate is 44100. turn off (set to False) Spatial, Reverb, 3dharware, and Surround if they're on.

M

Morgan

You could try to tweak some settings in the advanced preferences window. To get there:

open the console (~ key) and type Preferences. Then look under Audio. It should display the same settings as in your Unrealtournament.ini file.
bullet2.gif

mcbain.gif
[Ci]Morgan|PuF