Problems with clan setup

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Warlord[NSK]

May 16, 2005
I am having one heck of a time trying to set up
clan matches. I login as admin and go through
all the motions of setting up a match. It saves the
configuration but when I hit start match or set match
it says "cannot set the match-main game has not been configured"

So I end up having to hit close, force the game into team deathmatch
do the clan configuration over again. (and still get the error message above)

restart the level, then I get one map out of it (without the config I put in) and as soon as that
map is over it switches back to default game which is regular DM

BTW I am using UT2Vote50

PLEASE HELP ME

Last edited:

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
could you post a screenshot, showing the clan-setup right before clicking start match ?

Warlord[NSK]

May 16, 2005
Ok here is the screenshot I hope this helps

Clansetup.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks very much!
warlord

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
I take it you did hit the Submit Game Info button before you hit the Start Match button ?
If so, there is one thing I notice is that your map names have many '-' hypens in them.
A Mapname should only have one which seperated the MapPrefix, although some maps have 2 and UT2Vote does cater for 2 but in your case there are many.
Just as a test, try using the standard maps like DM-Deck17 for instance and let me know if that does the trick.
If so I will look into modifying the mod further regarding this problem.
Otherwise all looks fine :)

Warlord[NSK]

May 16, 2005
Thanks for the replies! I tested it with stock dm maps
DM-Deck17, DM-Curse4 ....maps with only one '-' hyphen
and I still got the same error message
"Cannot set the match-main game has not been configured"

I used used the mapvote to switch from DM to TDM and it still didn't work
I am not sure what it means by "main game"
I am completely confused

Warlord

utw-Mephisto

Guilty
Nov 20, 2004
Gibraltar
Well, did you or did you not press submit game info before pressing the start match button ? This is mandatory .... Because I get the same error message as you when I NOT submit first ...

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
did you use a former version of ut2vote before? if so, please make shure, to replace the call for ut2vote in your startup-script and also in the ut2004.ini.

i myself had it sometimes, that i changed the entry in the ut2004.ini but forgot the startup-line. UT2Vote will run, but in a very wired way...

Warlord[NSK]

May 16, 2005
Clan Set up problems

Hello Thanks for more replies
I know we'll figure this out.

Yes I was using UT2Vote49 but deleted all instances of it after installing
UT2Vote50 I did change the start-up script and the server packages in
UT2004.ini

I am definately hitting the submit game info button
and do recieve confirmation that it was saved.

But I still get the same error message "main game not configured"

Warlord

Last edited:

Warlord[NSK]

May 16, 2005
UT2Vote50 .INI

here is the ini:

[UT2Vote50.UT2VoteConfigs]
VoteAdminPass=password
ClanAdminPass=none
GamePassword=
DefaultGame=XGame.xDeathMatch
DefServerName=Team [NSK] Sniper Server...CAMPERS ONLY!
ServerMuts=QFeedback.QFeedback,ProSniperRifle_20_BETA3.MutProSniper,USSpawnProtect_BETA1.MutUSSpawnProtect,MutFallDamage.FallDamage,StealthTrans10.MutStealthTrans,UAdminModV095b.UAdminMod,XGame.
ServerLine=?Translocator=True
bAllowArena=False
bAllowMuts=False
bAllowKick=False
bAllowGames=True
bNoVotePopup=False
bDoGamePopup=False
bColorSkins=False
MesgTypeTime=40
MaxPlayersIsp=32
bAllowBehind=True
bShowBotsKick=False
bVoteWhenDead=False
bWebadmin=True
bArenaAlone=False
bMutAlone=False
bNoRestart=True
bHideNames=False
bAlwaysKick=False
bAltSwitch=True
bMinMaxMaps=False
bDisAllVoting=False
bDisServAdmin=False
bDisOpinion=False
bDisAdminMesg=False
bClanServName=True
bDisDemoRec=True
bUseChatLog=True
bUseChatMap=True
bUseChatIDs=True
bSwitchDefMap=False
bUseRandomMap=True
bUseUniqueID=True
bArena=False
bArenaAST=False
bArenaBIO=False
bArenaFLK=False
bArenaLNK=False
bArenaMIN=False
bArenaRED=False
bArenaROC=False
bArenaSHK=False
bArenaLIT=False
bArenaAVR=False
bArenaGRN=False
bArenaMLY=False
bArenaSNP=False
LevelEndTime=27472794
Nounce=1

[UT2Vote50.UT2VoteVoting]
bChangeVote=True
VoteMinTime=100
VoteMaxTime=100
VoteStepTime=7
VoteIdleTime=15
GameVoteTime=5
VotePercent=51
GameVoteLimit=3

[UT2Vote50.UT2VoteIniOnly]
bSortOpinion=True
bDisplayRec=True
bCheckMaps=False
bDisMapCon=False
bAdminAtEnd=False
bUseGameName=True
bDetectUTComp=True
bSortMutsList=True
bSortGameList=False
bNoClientWarn=False
bNoPlayerMute=False
bMapCheckSpecs=False
bClanAdminExtra=False
bUseChatIcons=True
BanMinLevs=0
BanMaxLevs=99
DefaultSwitch=3
MapListSort=0
WaitForLevel=90

[UT2Vote50.UT2VoteGameTypes]
GameType=(GameName="DeathMatch",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-(GU)-Pooltable-DM2k4",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=30?TimeLimit=30?MinPlayers=4?MaxPlayers=14?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?WeaponStay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Tournament=0?GamePassword=?GameStats=True?GameSpeed=1.20?FF=0.00?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1?Difficulty=1?bCustomGame=True")
GameType=(GameName="Team DeathMatch",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=8,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-(GU)-Pooltable-DM2k4",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="XGame.xTeamGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=50?TimeLimit=30?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?WeaponStay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Tournament=0?GamePassword=nskprac?GameStats=True?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0.00?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3?Difficulty=2?bCustomGame=True")
GameType=(GameName="Capture the Flag",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="CTF-Chrome",MapPrefix="CTF",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="XGame.xCTFGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=5?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3")
GameType=(GameName="Double Domination",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DOM-Core",MapPrefix="DOM",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="XGame.xDoubleDom",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=5?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3")
GameType=(GameName="Bombing Run",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="BR-Anubis",MapPrefix="BR",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="XGame.xBombingRun",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=15?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3")
GameType=(GameName="Invasion",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=0,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Antalus",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="SkaarjPack.Invasion",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=1?GoalScore=0?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=True?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1")
GameType=(GameName="Mutant",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=0,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Antalus",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="BonusPack.xMutantGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=30?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1")
GameType=(GameName="Last Man Standing",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=0,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Antalus",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="BonusPack.xLastManStandingGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=30?GoalScore=0?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1")
GameType=(GameName="Assault",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="AS-Convoy",MapPrefix="AS",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="UT2k4Assault.ASGameInfo",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=3?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=4?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1")
GameType=(GameName="Onslaught",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="ONS-Torlan",MapPrefix="ONS",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=3?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=4?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1")
GameType=(GameName="InstaGib CTF",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="CTF-Chrome",MapPrefix="CTF",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="XGame.InstagibCTF",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=5?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3")
GameType=(GameName="Vehicle CTF",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="None",MapPrefix="VCTF",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="XGame.xVehicleCTFGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=5?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3")

[UT2Vote50.UT2VoteMutators]
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Berserk Weapons",HideVote=False,MutClassName="UnrealGame.MutBerserk",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Big Head",HideVote=False,MutClassName="UnrealGame.MutBigHead",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Camouflage combo",HideVote=False,MutClassName="Bonuspack.MutCrateCombo",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Classic Sniper",HideVote=False,MutClassName="UTClassic.MutUseSniper",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Fast Weapon Switch",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XGame.MutFastWeapSwitch",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="InstaGib",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XGame.MutInstaGib",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Low Gravity",HideVote=False,MutClassName="UnrealGame.MutLowGrav",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="No Score Limit",HideVote=False,MutClassName="UT2Vote49.UT2VoteZeroScore",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="No Superweapons",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XWeapons.MutNoSuperWeapon",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Onslaught Weapons",HideVote=False,MutClassName="Onslaught.MutOnslaughtWeapons",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Pint-sized combo",HideVote=False,MutClassName="Bonuspack.MutPintSizeCombo",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Quad Jump",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XGame.MutQuadJump",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Regeneration",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XGame.MutRegen",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Slow Motion Corpses",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XGame.MutSlomoDeath",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="UT Classic",HideVote=False,MutClassName="UTClassic.MutUTClassic",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Vampire",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XGame.MutVampire",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Zoom InstaGib",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XGame.MutZoomInstaGib",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="ProSniperRifle_20_BETA3.MutProSniper",HideVote=True,MutClassName="ProSniperRifle_20_BETA3.MutProSniper",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="StealthTrans10.MutStealthTrans.FriendlyName",HideVote=True,MutClassName="StealthTrans10.MutStealthTrans",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="UAdminModV095b.UAdminMod.FriendlyName",HideVote=True,MutClassName="UAdminModV095b.UAdminMod",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="USSpawnProtect_BETA1.MutUSSpawnProtect.FriendlyName",HideVote=True,MutClassName="USSpawnProtect_BETA1.MutUSSpawnProtect",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="QFeedback.QFeedback.FriendlyName",HideVote=True,MutClassName="QFeedback.QFeedback",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="MutFallDamage.MutFallDamage.FriendlyName",HideVote=True,MutClassName="MutFallDamage.MutFallDamage",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="No Adrenaline",HideVote=True,MutClassName="XGame.MutNoAdrenaline",Voted=False)

[UT2Vote50.UT2VotePackages]
Packages=(MutClassName="Whatever.MutWhatever",ServerPackages="Whatever,Whatnext")

[UT2Vote50.UT2VoteMapCheck]
CheckMap=(MapName="DM-Smallmap",MinPlayers=0,MaxPlayers=4)
CheckMap=(MapName="CTF-Hugemap",MinPlayers=10,MaxPlayers=32)

[UT2Vote50.UT2VoteNewMaps]
NewMap=(MapName="DM-Whatever")

[UT2Vote50.UT2VoteGameSwitch]
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=12,ClassName="XGame.xDeathMatch",DoSwitch=False)

[UT2Vote50.UT2VoteKickBan]
BanPlayer=(NickName="Whatever",UniqueID="4230fjj7a6cafda49fed3f4200fa97kk",IPaddrs="123.123.123.123",Levels=111)

[UT2Vote50.UT2VoteMapInfo]

[UT2Vote50.UT2VoteMapsVoted]

[UT2Vote50.UT2VoteClanSetup]

ClanGameNum=0
ClanMapNum=0
ClanGameClass[0]=
ClanGameClass[1]=
ClanGameClass[2]=
ClanGameName[0]=
ClanGameName[1]=
ClanGameName[2]=
ClanMapListA[0]=
ClanMapListA[1]=
ClanMapListA[2]=
ClanMapListA[3]=
ClanMapListA[4]=
ClanMapListA[5]=
ClanMapListA[6]=
ClanMapListA[7]=
ClanMapListA[8]=
ClanMapListA[9]=
ClanMapListB[0]=
ClanMapListB[1]=
ClanMapListB[2]=
ClanMapListB[3]=
ClanMapListB[4]=
ClanMapListB[5]=
ClanMapListB[6]=
ClanMapListB[7]=
ClanMapListB[8]=
ClanMapListB[9]=
ClanMapListC[0]=
ClanMapListC[1]=
ClanMapListC[2]=
ClanMapListC[3]=
ClanMapListC[4]=
ClanMapListC[5]=
ClanMapListC[6]=
ClanMapListC[7]=
ClanMapListC[8]=
ClanMapListC[9]=
ClanCommandsA=
ClanCommandsB=
ClanCommandsC=
ClanWarmLineA=
ClanWarmLineB=
ClanWarmLineC=
ClanMutsLineA=
ClanMutsLineB=
ClanMutsLineC=
ClanTransloc[0]=0
ClanTransloc[1]=0
ClanTransloc[2]=0
ClanWeapStay[0]=0
ClanWeapStay[1]=0
ClanWeapStay[2]=0
ClanPlayReady[0]=0
ClanPlayReady[1]=0
ClanPlayReady[2]=0
ClanTieBreak[0]=0
ClanTieBreak[1]=0
ClanTieBreak[2]=0
ClanWarmReqd[0]=0
ClanWarmReqd[1]=0
ClanWarmReqd[2]=0
ClanWarmOnce[0]=0
ClanWarmOnce[1]=0
ClanWarmOnce[2]=0
ClanGoalScore[0]=0
ClanGoalScore[1]=0
ClanGoalScore[2]=0
ClanTimeLimit[0]=0
ClanTimeLimit[1]=0
ClanTimeLimit[2]=0
ClanFriendly[0]=0
ClanFriendly[1]=0
ClanFriendly[2]=0
ClanPlayernum[0]=0
ClanPlayernum[1]=0
ClanPlayernum[2]=0
ClanSpectnum[0]=0
ClanSpectnum[1]=0
ClanSpectnum[2]=0
ClanGameSpeed[0]=1.000000
ClanGameSpeed[1]=1.000000
ClanGameSpeed[2]=1.000000
ClanForceRep=False
ClanNoRedeem=False
ClanNoPowers=False
ClanNoAdrena=False
ClanWarmStart=False
ClanWarmWeaps=False
ClanWarmKill=False
ClanTourney=False
ClanServName=
ClanMatch=False
ClanPractice=False
ClanPlayRed=False
ClanBotSkill=5
ClanGamePass=
ClanRedName=
ClanBluName=
ClanWarmTime=10
ClanEndWait=30
ClanDemoRec=False
ClanDoWarmup=False
ClanRedScore=0
ClanBluScore=0
ClanRedGames=0
ClanBluGames=0

Thanks
Warlord

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
This is wierd, I see no reason for it not to work.
Does it do this when setting up a Clanmatch for CTFGame also ?

Just a long shot here as we believe the Chat stuff often interferes with other mods for some reason but try setting:
bUseChatLog=False
bUseChatMap=False
bUseChatIDs=False

Also another long shot, try:
bUseUniqueID=False

A few other things to try just as a test, is dont run any mutators on your server, in otherwords leave the ServerMuts= line blank.
Also dont add any muts to the match you setting up.
Maybe some mutator is screwing the works here.

Also another point of interest, can you go into a normal Admin Game menu and change for instance the GoalScore, NumPlayers etc for a game.
I ask this as its quite possible some of your files might be set for readonly.
I know with Xp this sometimes happens for some wierd reason.

Warlord[NSK]

May 16, 2005
Clan Match Set Up

Well through some trial and error I did get it to work but
it seems like it should be easier than what I go through
here is how I got it to work
1. Login as admin
2. Switch game to TDM and choose any ole map
3. log back in as admin
4. go to clan match and fill out info
5. submit game info
6. close
7. restart map
8. go to clan set up
9. end map
and then it will switch to the 1st map chosen in the clan set up
and ask players for password

Is this how its supposed to work?
I kind of thought that if I went to clan match and filled everything
out then hit start it would work.

Thanks
Warlord

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Ok I had a look and you need to first close the menu then re-open it and start the match.
This was needed recently has we added something important that someone needed urgently - cannot remember what it was.
So the proceedure is as follows:
You can have any game running even DeathMatch.
1. Logon as Admin.
2. Setup the game you want.
3. Hit the Submit Game Info.
4. Close the Menu.
5. Open the Menu again.
6. Hit Start Match.

I'll have a look why this Close was necessary and see if I can bypass it again.
Maybe Socke can remember what it was.

Warlord[NSK]

May 16, 2005
clan set up

YES! that is much easier and it works!
thanks very much for the help
I never thought to close it and
then just re-open to try it

wierd

Thanks Again!

Warlord

Warlord[NSK]

May 16, 2005
Period

Yeah that silly thing was in there...I took that out and the ,xgame not sure where that even came from but it was causing an error when booting the server.

Thanks

Last edited: