Plethora of New Unreal Tech Shots

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
A bunch of new Unreal Engine 3 technology shots can be found over on the Unreal Engine 3 section of the Unreal Tech site.

The shots include pictures of...

New UnrealCascade Visual Particle System Editor

Interactive Vehicle Setup Tool + UT2007 Raptor

UnrealPhAT Skeletal Animation System + Locust Soldier

AnimSet Viewer + Coalition Soldier

Marcus from GoW in the AnimTree Editor

UnrealKismet Visual Scripting System (1)

UnrealKismet Visual Scripting System (2)

Matinee Real-Time Video Editor (Showing Gears of War Demo)

SoundCue Editor

Editor Properties Window + New Gears of War Ourdoor Shot

Play-In-Editor Feature Showing Particle FX

More info on each of these features can be found on the UE3 Tech Page. Thanks to ProjectX for the scoop.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Jefe: We have stuffed many pinatas for your birthday celebration!
El Guapo: How many pinatas?
Jefe: Many pinatas, many!
El Guapo: Jefe, would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?
Jefe: Yes, El Guapo. You have a plethora.
El Guapo: Jefe, what is a plethora?

Bullet10k

Apr 9, 2005
Procedural skeletal controllers, for game features such as having an NPC's head and eyes track a player walking through the level. :eek: Does that mean the enemy will actually be looking at you in UT2007?

UnrealProjects

"Your Hired!"
Apr 10, 2004
www.lawdogs-mod.com
BeerGut said:
Jefe: We have stuffed many pinatas for your birthday celebration!
El Guapo: How many pinatas?
Jefe: Many pinatas, many!
El Guapo: Jefe, would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?
Jefe: Yes, El Guapo. You have a plethora.
El Guapo: Jefe, what is a plethora?

Jefe: Dunno, El Guapo...but sure sounds enormously Grande Taco!!

Retodon8

Sheep happens!
Jan 21, 2004
Netherlands
retodon8.net
The Jackal-XMP said:
dear wholy christ look at how big the res is on that image. it's like 42" wide monitor!

My current resolution is higher than that, and I have an ancient video card and 2 old, 2nd hand 21" monitors.
I've seen screenies from Epic with really mindblowing resolutions though.
I wish I had a system like that... but I'll probably wait upgrading a bit longer, since UT2007 will take at least an extra year.

Caravaggio

Custom User Text goes here.
Oct 2, 2002
US
Visit site
Holy Crap.

"UnrealPhAT enables the creation and adjustment of skeletal setup, constraints, and breaking forces in realtime."

-Does that mean we won't have to use max or maya anymore if we don't want to? So we can use other programs like xsi, blender and c4d to model the characters?

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
Caravaggio said:
Holy Crap.

"UnrealPhAT enables the creation and adjustment of skeletal setup, constraints, and breaking forces in realtime."

-Does that mean we won't have to use max or maya anymore if we don't want to? So we can use other programs like xsi, blender and c4d to model the characters?

Go to http://www.softimage.com/home/Default.asp

Download their mod tools version of XSI here

Then download the Epic addon for the unreal engine here

Not being very fond of Maya, and not knowing 3dsmax very well, Ive been waiting for an XSI/unreal toolkit for a while now.
I havnt tried it yet, so I dont know how it works, or how well for that matter.

The new editor looks very powerful and awesome. It looks like it takes its inspiration from XSI's node based system of procedural animations, shader creation, and other stuff.

willhaven

bPimp=False
Aug 18, 1999
www.planetunreal.com
For the record, this is not a GOW level. This is a demo map of a "Rube Goldberg" device done by Alan Willard. Basically it is a physics demo showing things bumping into each other like an overly-complex game of dominoes.

http://www.beyondunreal.com/image.p...ltechnology.com/screens/editorproperties2.jpg

More like this.
mousetrap1.jpg