Game doesn't show up in server LAN browser

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jh1

Jul 21, 2004
Hi, Im trying to fix my code for starting a multiplayer game. Loading a dedicated server shows up fine on the servers page, but when I load it normally, I can still get into the game, but other people on my LAN can't see it. Any help is much appreciated, here are the two functions for comparison. Thanks!

Code:
function bool LoadMap(GUIComponent Sender)
{
	local string FullURL, FirstMap;

FirstMap = MyMapList.List.Get();

FullURL = FirstMap;

log("Sending [open"@FullURL$"] to the console");
	Console(Controller.Master.Console).ConsoleCommand("start"@FullURL);
	Controller.CloseAll(false);
	return true;
}

function bool LoadMap_Ded(GUIComponent Sender)
{
	local string FullURL, FirstMap;

FirstMap = MyMapList.List.Get();

FullURL = FirstMap;

log("Sending [open"@FullURL$"] to the console");
	Console(Controller.Master.Console).ConsoleCommand("relaunch"@FullURL@"-server -lanplay -mod=MyMod");
	Controller.CloseAll(false);
	return true;
}

Mucho

Cyber User
Mar 25, 2005
Honolulu
maybe you could try the console command :

start 192.168.0.1?Name=JH1?SpectatorOnly=False

where 192.168.0.1 is server's IP

jh1

Jul 21, 2004
Well, in the end I'd just like to package it as a mod, so I can't really hardcode the IP address in

jh1

Jul 21, 2004
Might it have something to do with this code? It seems that the variables are set correctly, but is there somewhere I need to say that my game is using this uplink server?

Code:
[IpDrv.MasterServerUplink]
DoUplink=True
UplinkToGamespy=True
SendStats=True
ServerBehindNAT=False
DoLANBroadcast=true

jh1

Jul 21, 2004
Another thought I had was attaching the -lanplay option to this line

Code:
Console(Controller.Master.Console).ConsoleCommand("start"@FullURL);

However, it seems to work differently than relaunch, and doesn't take the lanplay parameter. Could this be my problem, the game not recognizing the new game as a lan game? Sorry to keep bugging everyone, but I can't find anything relating to my problem online, and it's holding me up quite a bit.

jh1

Jul 21, 2004
I figured it out - i added the "?Listen" to the end of the URL, and it worked. (for now anyway =p)