Weird Telephone?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
Within the last 2 days i've noticed that our phone line seems to be crossed with someone elses. For example, this morning a co-worker calls and asks if we're car pooling to work. Yet when i answered the phone and said "hello" there was a complete stranger who responded and said "hello?" in a very puzzled voice and after a pause my co-worker finally breaks in and our conversation continues. Moments later the phone rings again, and when i answer i get the same situation: 2 complete strangers already engaged in conversation are completely baffled as to why all of a sudden 2 other people are bursting in and trying to have a seperate dialog on the same line.

I have no idea if this is because we use those wireless phones in the house, and someone else in the area is also using a wireless thats sharing the same frequencey... in which case i would have no idea what to do, or if it's something like crossed wires and i should trouble the phone company (assuming this other person hasn't done this already) ;p

Has anyone else encountered anything like this? just wondering.. and if so what did you do to fix it.

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
Yeah occasionaly we get odd stuff like that. Usually a problem with the wiring but it is possible a problem with the wireless. Unlikely but possible.

You better contact them yourself because the other guy is probably assuming someone else did.

Lolo Konijn

Huppel huppel
Jul 30, 2000
The Netherlands
Are you using an analog wireless phone or a digital one (DECT is what its called here).
If its analog its probably the problem, digital systems are alot more protected from this behaviour.

Philophobos

May 11, 2001
Visit site
A few months back the telephone company actually switched my line with someone else's. I didn't get weird things happening mid call, but I did keep getting all this other person's phone calls. I assume he got all of mine (all one of them ;) ).

A call to the telephone company cleared everything up, so you should probably do the same.