PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on UT2007 being shipped on consoles?

Selerox
11th May 2005, 04:09 PM
Are you happy with the fact that UT2007 will be going cross-platform? Personally, I'm astonished that Epic would even consider it. UT is a PC game, and the fact that they've tried cross-platform console-hacks in the past (UT2003), and other games have tried it and failed (Pariah etc) really doesn't give me much confidence.

Personally, I don't want a dumbed-down, "consolised" UT. I want Epic to concentrate on making this a PC game for PC players. I don't want any part of the design to be aimed at making it cross-platform friendly. The fact that the console versions are coming out later means nothing, I don't want any part of UT2007 to be "consolised" at all.

In case you hadn't noticed, my new sig pretty much sums my thoughts up. If you agree, use the image in your sig here and elsewhere (upload it to your own webspace if you've got any).

pine
11th May 2005, 04:18 PM
Quite likely to ruin the game.

Unreality
11th May 2005, 04:25 PM
yea i want PC version Console free o.O

Nines
11th May 2005, 04:40 PM
Hopefully, the PC version will be released first.
I'll never forgive Epic if they make the console version first, then convert it to PC.

EDIT: So you say anyone who's against this can use that sig you have?

Sir_Brizz
11th May 2005, 04:44 PM
Coinsidering that almost all of Epic's community is PC gamers, they would be stupid to release it on Consoles first. They would be stupid to even develop it for consoles first.

Bot_40
11th May 2005, 04:50 PM
As long as the pc version is made soley with the pc in mind then modded afterwards I'm not bothered. I know they said somewhere that it may be ported later or something, but I really hope that they will concentrate on making a decent pc game rather than something that ports easilly. My hope is fuelled by the fact UC seems to be the unreal franchise's "pet console game" and I hope epic will be wise enough to see that the majority of UT2k7 sales would always be one the pc by a long way.

Renegade Retard
11th May 2005, 04:52 PM
I'm fine with it being on both platforms as long as the PC version isn't dumbed down or a port from the console.

If they design it for the PC and then redesign it for the console, then I can live with that. In fact, I'd probably buy both versions. That way, I can draw my console friends and family members into the UT world.

Nurulwai
11th May 2005, 04:56 PM
Perhaps I'm stupid, but I don't see what the differences between a console and PC version of this game would be.

I mean, it's an FPS. It involves running and shooting. The only difference between the platforms would be what you use to perform those actions.

???

Discord
11th May 2005, 05:02 PM
I'm fine with it being on both platforms as long as the PC version isn't dumbed down or a port from the console.

If they design it for the PC and then redesign it for the console, then I can live with that. In fact, I'd probably buy both versions.

Should be a poll option. I'd vote for it. :tup:

What little has been said about cross- platform releases seemed to indicate that the PC version was coming first, then the console versions. But I'm still quite nervous. Apparently, the guy in the interview video, this Mike Capps guy that I've never heard of but who is evidently President of Epic Games, was one of the main movers behind UC. I've never played UC, I'm sure it's a fine console game, but frankly my suspicions are aroused.

A console- fied PC version is the one thing they could do to make UT2k3 look like the greatest thing ever. I'd probably hang up my flak cannon over that. :(

Nines
11th May 2005, 05:13 PM

If they design it for the PC and then redesign it for the console, then I can live with that. In fact, I'd probably buy both versions.

I can agree with that.

It's still a sh*tty idea though.

shadow_dragon
11th May 2005, 05:55 PM
I seriously doubt that eventual porting to console will effect the PC game.

Taleweaver
11th May 2005, 05:56 PM
Perhaps I'm stupid, but I don't see what the differences between a console and PC version of this game would be.

I mean, it's an FPS. It involves running and shooting. The only difference between the platforms would be what you use to perform those actions.

???
Try comparing UT99 for PC with the PS2 version. Consoles don't have that many buttons, and aren't made to be played with a mouse. And AFAIK, a computer is still more powerfull than a console. All this has a serious impact on how the game behaves.
Concrete: if the console version were to be the prime objective, you'd see less outdoor maps (graphically consuming), fit for a fewer total amount of bots and with a whole lot less z-axis. Menus would be seriously numbed down and only contain the most basic options (a concern with every console->PC ported game I've played).*

Agree with the way Ren puts it. Then it would even open up possibilities...Imagine Console users downloading custom maps (made on the PC editor) and joining servers together with PC users? Sounds great :)

Beside the fact they'll get pwned unless they have one of those console mouses.

*I admit I don't know much of recent consoles. Just that I could kill godlike bots on the PC version of UT, and get pwned on the PS2 version by a friend of mine...he had only played the PS2 game about two weeks.

Twisted Metal
11th May 2005, 05:59 PM
It's a stupid idea, they need to stick with the PC and THEY NEED to return to the UWindows interface.

Nurulwai, PC and console games are completely different. Console games are dumbed down so much with simplistic controls and less content than their PC counterparts. I dunno how else to explain it but see for yourself. Play Deus Ex: Invisible War on the PC and then play it on the Xbox. There is just something about console games that have this dumbed down feeling compared to the l33t power of a PC only game.

{RA}SKYFURNACE
11th May 2005, 06:23 PM
First thing is the PC version so far as stated is due out before the conole version.

Try and understand this, How many PC exclusive games are there that are not MMORPG's being shown, marketed at this years E3?

Battlefield 2
Black & White 2
Call of Duty 2
Cold War
DragonShard
DreamFall Longest Journey
F.E.A.R.
Heroes of Might & Magic V
Haegemonia: The Solon Heritage
Myst V: End of Ages
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3
Sims 2:Nightlife
Star Wars: Empire at War
Tycoon City

Thats about all of them.... scary. One rumor as to stalker being delayed so much is that once THQ picked up the publishing rights in March/Feb of this year that they are porting it to nextgen....

The only Dev/Pub Houses doing PC only releases are CDV, and almost all of the eastern block & Russian studios.

Consoles market is just going to get bigger and bigger, which will draw the PC gamers in, esp when the MMORPG's start moving over.

???

Ill use Pariah as an example

Well with consoles you get several problems, Diff Texture compression Res (TV vs Monitor), Savepoints is a console thing, Mouse Driving vehicles, Mouse sensitivity is more on PC, Dedicated Server ver, Menus, and FOV is a biggie... just to name some issues.

James Schmalz said they had 2 diff teams working on pariah, one for the Console ver and One for the PC version... that is LOL if you play the PC version.

Bullet10k
11th May 2005, 07:09 PM
AS LONG AS THE PC VERSION DOES NOT GET DUMBED DOWN BECAUSE OF IT, ITS PERFECTLY FINE. (Not bothered either way.)

]SideWinder[
11th May 2005, 07:55 PM
I think its a pretty good idea,
Im vairly confadent that Epic won't mess up the controles or anything like that just because its coming out on a nextgen system.

SlayerDragon
11th May 2005, 11:26 PM
Maybe someday publishers will realize that releasing ****ty games on twice as many platforms is much worse than taking the time to develop different games for different platforms.

Black_Seeds
12th May 2005, 02:31 AM

:stupid:

hal
12th May 2005, 03:15 AM
:stupid:

Don't panic. The game is being developed for PC first and foremost. UC2 and Gears of War are their console offerings. There's really no evidence that a UT-style game would even do well on a console, but the Xbox 360 is really just a powerful PC with a stupid interface... why NOT port it over to console if the effort is minimal?

They've said it over and over... the future UT series games will be designed for the PC.

Dr.Capps kept saying that they are serious about it and that they want to OWN the DM market. They surely know full well that they won't pull that off by having a crippled game.

krjal
12th May 2005, 07:52 AM
If it's first and foremost a PC game I'll live with it, but I still don't think it's a good idea.

I'm still trying to get over Pariah.

Renegade Retard
12th May 2005, 09:16 AM
If it's first and foremost a PC game I'll live with it, but I still don't think it's a good idea.

I'm still trying to get over Pariah.

That was Digital Extremes, not Epic.

hal
12th May 2005, 09:23 AM
... and Pariah was primarily developed by their console division in Toronto.

RaptoR
12th May 2005, 09:30 AM
UT2003 was a PC port of Unreal Championship. UT2007 will be, like the original UT, a PC game which then gets ported to consoles. I don't see the problem really. Steve Polge and the guys working on UT2007 are out to make first and foremost a PC game.

Renegade Retard
12th May 2005, 09:44 AM
UT2003 was a PC port of Unreal Championship.

:con:

:lol: Any questions on RaptoR's fondness of UT2003?

Dark Pulse
12th May 2005, 10:30 AM
I've heard that pretty soon consoles are going to be roughly as powerful as their PC bretheren. If that's the case, the quality of ports should improve vastly.

Anyway, regarding this issue: If it's made with PC in mind (As has been said) I'm fine with it. In fact, Cross-platform play would be kinda cool - it was done, with a little ingenuity, with PC and DC versions of Quake 3 Arena.

Bot_40
12th May 2005, 11:13 AM
Well not really, that's not the issue at all. The main problem is that consoles have controllers which are not even in the same league compared to a keyboard and mouse when it comes to fps games, therefore the gameplay has to be adapted for console games. For example, maps have to have less z axis, generally slower gameplay etc

Also the console game audience is very different to that of pc games. PC gamers in general want much more in-depth, highly customisable games. It's like cliffy(?) said, when you buy unreal tournament, you don't just buy a game, you buy a whole platform which you can download mods/maps for etc.
Compare that to a console game, people in general just want to throw a cd into the drive and start playing. This is reflected in the much simpler interfaces and gameplay. (Of course there are exceptions, final fantasy, gran turismo)

Selerox
12th May 2005, 01:27 PM
I've heard that pretty soon consoles are going to be roughly as powerful as their PC bretheren. If that's the case, the quality of ports should improve vastly.

That's not an issue. Graphics don't come into it, I'm talking about gameplay.

Bazzi
12th May 2005, 01:29 PM
I see less of a problem with UT2007 than there was before, because the next gen consoles are powerful enough to just run the pc version a little modified to suit them.

But I also fear it could suffer a bit the same disease Pariah suffered, crappy emnus and a bit dodgy controls. Lets hope Epic does something to prevent that!

tool
12th May 2005, 01:46 PM
With epic having a lot more experience with consoles, and the Xbox 2 and playstation 3 being very powerful, I can see UT2k7 working out very well on a console. They failed miserably with Unreal championship, but really turned it around with UC2.

I would rather see a Unreal Championship 3 though then a port of ut2k7.

RaptoR
12th May 2005, 01:50 PM
:con:

:lol: Any questions on RaptoR's fondness of UT2003?
It's not a question of fondness. The fact is that DE were developing UC1 when Epic decided they wanted a sequel to Unreal Tournament. DE then started on a PC game derived from the UC codebase.

Sir_Brizz
12th May 2005, 03:29 PM
The only thing lacking in 2k3, IMO, was Adrenaline. And it's still in 2k4.

Oh and the whole skill thing, although I still think they are relatively the same in that regard.

kafros
12th May 2005, 03:52 PM
...and the fact that they've tried cross-platform console-hacks in the past (UT2003), and other games have tried it and failed (Pariah etc) really doesn't give me much confidence.

Personally, I don't want a dumbed-down, "consolised" UT. I want Epic to concentrate on making this a PC game for PC players. .....The fact that the console versions are coming out later means nothing,....

I agree with your fears Selerox. I didn't know about UT2007 being released for consoles before this thread.

The temptation to have as much code in common (between PC & console version) and so save time and money, I believe, is too much of a temptation for EPIC (and any company) to resist.

Chances are that we will be getting a gameplay suited to console controls regardless of which is released first.

Does anyone know if any next-gen console is considering mouse+keyboard addition? (which should increase the price by $10 IMO)

Mr.Magnetichead
12th May 2005, 03:54 PM
That was Digital Extremes, not Epic.

Actually it was Brainbox which had almost finished development before DE ate them.

Raden
12th May 2005, 04:09 PM
They've said it over and over... the future UT series games will be designed for the PC.

Dr.Capps kept saying that they are serious about it and that they want to OWN the DM market. They surely know full well that they won't pull that off by having a crippled game.

And hence, that makes this a pretty stupid sig considering it will be on the PC.

rhirud
13th May 2005, 06:52 AM
It would be amusing if the console version and the PC version can be played online at the same time.

Splatting those poor console owners with their gamepads would be so satisfying.

I can see them scrolling through their weapons looking for an avril\shock for a manta
....splat.

Being faced with varying weapons; LG then a few quick blasts from shock
...... OMG HAXXX.

Mr.Magnetichead
13th May 2005, 08:08 AM
It would be amusing if the console version and the PC version can be played online at the same time.

Splatting those poor console owners with their gamepads would be so satisfying.

I can see them scrolling through their weapons looking for an avril\shock for a manta
....splat.

Being faced with varying weapons; LG then a few quick blasts from shock
...... OMG HAXXX.

Dreamcast Quake 3 :lol:

They never saw it coming.

el Gato
13th May 2005, 12:26 PM
...THEY NEED to return to the UWindows interface.

**** yes!

I just hope the OWNing the DM market doesn't take a backseat to the ****tons of money console games bring in.

-AEnubis-
13th May 2005, 04:10 PM
I'm down for it. I know a lot of people that swear they can do just as well with their controllers as any other interface, and some aren't anxious to start pc gaming because they are not willing to get used to a keyboard and mouse. I've intived console junkies to LAN's, offtered to build them cheap, but decent computers, and their main concern would have been "can I hook an xbox controller up to it?"

They won't dumb it down at all. CliffyB isn't gonna take z-axis out of his PC maps for anybody. They'll design a control config interface for them after we get our game, and let them have at it.

I'm down though, for anything that puts more players in the servers. People buy consoles like crazy. Not may people are hardcore enough to keep a PC upgraded. Especially the way Epic is pushing tech lately.

Renegade Retard
13th May 2005, 04:42 PM
I'm down for it. I know a lot of people that swear they can do just as well with their controllers as any other interface, and some aren't anxious to start pc gaming because they are not willing to get used to a keyboard and mouse. I've intived console junkies to LAN's, offtered to build them cheap, but decent computers, and their main concern would have been "can I hook an xbox controller up to it?"

A while back, there was a dude (can't remember his name) that came to the UT2004 forums that played with an Xbox controller connected to his PC. He offered to play anyone who used a keyboard/mouse. A few people played him, and he was quite good.

The--Grim--Reaper
13th May 2005, 05:10 PM
UT on console = TERRIBLE
You cant get the graphics level, they will spend too much time on it, making the PC one not as good, It cant be patched easily, you cant download extra maps and such easily. Aiming an FPS on a console is bad news, FPS shouldnt even be on console, i dont know how you can aim with an analog stick.
I dont know why they wouyld waste their time, make it a pc game ONLY, we have been loyal to them all along, why cant they be loyal to us, and keep it on PC where the good gamers are, where you can update easily, and download user made maps and mods.
and i see a few people assuming you can play people who are on PC, well wouldnt they have a seperate server? I mean it would be unfair competition.

Sir_Brizz
13th May 2005, 05:14 PM
Actually, it sounds like there will be a free version of Xbox live for the 360.

Bazzi
13th May 2005, 07:03 PM
To that UWindows Topic:

They should incorporate a longhorn-style interface, because native(-looking) GUIs provide the best usabilty to users (since they're familiar with them).

Yes, translated for you, that would mean UWindows 2007 ;)

Selerox
13th May 2005, 07:28 PM
CliffyB isn't gonna take z-axis out of his PC maps for anybody.

1) CliffyB has nothing to do with UT2007.
2) He hasn't made a decent map for a very, very long time.

Any chance that those two are related in some way? I think so...

Capt.Toilet
14th May 2005, 12:05 AM
The way i see it, Epic is doing this because they know sales will be better if they go multi platform. Really if you think about it, is the average gamer going to spend 1000+ for a pc to run 2k7 half decently, or they going to spend 300 for an xbox 360 and play it with marginally better graphics(given the pc they have is utter bleh). What im saying is, the console version will probably sell a tad better than the pc version because of money issues.

Discord
14th May 2005, 02:06 AM
This thread is really bugging me out, death- of- pc- gaming- style.

What about the annoying mutators? The custom vehicles that nobody uses? UTComp???! What about #insert-game-here-pugs in quakenet? What about the mod release party where everybody gets loaded and hops on ventrillo while that one old geezer's wife plays guitar and sings "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" (not making that up, it was actually really cool)? What about the International PC Gaming Conspiracy, where you can argue about RAM and beer at the same time with some Belgian dude right before he pwns you hard 1v1?

Noooooo! PC gaming is too stupid and cool to get killed off by consoles. It was so close to acheiving global utopia, and yet at the same time nowhere near it. Why God, why?! http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/images_ina_default/icons/icon5.gif

vickissv3
14th May 2005, 04:02 AM
oh come on , PC is the heart of Unreal Games and good gaming in general. The pc version will be out first and who knows have long it will take to make it to console, remember how long it took doom 3 to make it to the xbox and although good its has nowhere near the same quality. PC gaming is on top of its game and remember that UT04 is technically the only pc exclusive ut titles , but which does everyone remember and enjoy? the pc version. even Unreal Championship 2 couldn't overshadow or top ut04

krjal
14th May 2005, 04:31 AM
I hope you're right.

I have to admit I do like UC2 though.

Sanius
14th May 2005, 05:52 AM
I find it amusing that the majority of the posters here are not in the right mind. whats so wrong about unreal 2007 going on the xbox 360? alot of people can't afford $2000 in upgrades and other complications. while they can play online by spending $300 and just setting up the console with their broadband connection.

I have been a PC gamer for quite some time, but I think I might stick with the xbox 360 for the next gen games. the only problem I see is modding. people might be making some amazing mods for unreal 2007, but I'm not sure if people can mod for the xbox. But the xbox 360 is going to come with a 20 gig harddrive, and it can also be upgraded to up to about 120 gigs. which makes me think, maybe the games CAN be modded? I don't mean total conversions in code and everything, more like maps. I think that would totally rock.

and how will the graphics of console versions effect the PC? doom 3 wasn't effected, unreal 2k3/2k4 wasn't effected, half-life 2 wasn't effected..need I go on? And the xbox 360 is supposedly fully capable of running unreal 3 engine games. the unreal 3 engine is being developed for next gen consoles, and the xbox 360 has like, 512 megs of ram, tri-core 3ghz cpu (each core does 2 threads a second, which brings it to 6 threads, the average pc does 1-2..thats alot of processing power), water cooled, and an x800 (XT?) card from ATI. you can't tell me that can't run unreal 3. and lets be clear here that this is a console, 512 megs of ram and everything in there might not run unreal 3 on a PC, but it sure as hell can on a console.

The xbox 1 had a 733 mhz celeron, 64 megs of ram, geforce 3, and it can run splinter cell chaos theory, and doom 3.

Sanius
14th May 2005, 12:22 PM
also, a question.

anyone know if the xbox 360 unreal 2007 come with the voicechat system?

Selerox
14th May 2005, 12:32 PM
OK, for the last time, this is not about graphics.

I have no doubt that both the PC and console versions of UT2007 will look great, that's not why I'm against it. I'm against it on gameplay grounds. I don't want anything in the game that's even slightly changed in the PC version that's designed to make the console version play better. I want a game designed for the PC, not designed for both. I genuinely don't care about console owners or what they want. UT is a PC game, I want it designed as one. I don't want it designed as a half-arsed cross-platform mess (see UT2003). That is the problem I (and numerous other people) have with UT2007 showing up on consoles, the contamination of the PC version with console features and gameplay.

Bullet10k
15th May 2005, 01:18 PM
Selerox is the protest leader for "No UT2007 for consoles".:lol:
Calm down m8, Xbox 360 will support a lot of things. The only thing that kinda sux is that u have to play with a controller. Now tell me this: UT2007 being shipped for a console would affect the PC version in what way??? Theyll still have all the mod support and the options on the PC just like how UT2004 did.

Sanius
15th May 2005, 01:35 PM
OK, for the last time, this is not about graphics.

I have no doubt that both the PC and console versions of UT2007 will look great, that's not why I'm against it. I'm against it on gameplay grounds. I don't want anything in the game that's even slightly changed in the PC version that's designed to make the console version play better. I want a game designed for the PC, not designed for both. I genuinely don't care about console owners or what they want. UT is a PC game, I want it designed as one. I don't want it designed as a half-arsed cross-platform mess (see UT2003). That is the problem I (and numerous other people) have with UT2007 showing up on consoles, the contamination of the PC version with console features and gameplay.

I think you're a moron and need to get your head out of your ass. I don't mean to troll, but you are really not thinking straight. You don't care for people that don't want to spend $1500 towards a PC purchase, because you think it will ruin the PC version? terrible.

kafros
15th May 2005, 02:06 PM
Sanius take a breath dude and relax... count up to 2^64-1 and you will feel better.

You are missing the point Selerox is trying to make. You cannot have the same gameplay for PC & next-gen consoles because of the controllers to say the least.
And gameplay mechanics can root deep into the game design and code.

Go play Pariah PC multiplayer and then you will see the console-ish aiming and game pace.

Bullet10k
15th May 2005, 02:14 PM
Sanius take a breath dude and relax... count up to 2^64-1 and you will feel better.

You are missing the point Selerox is trying to make. You cannot have the same gameplay for PC & next-gen consoles because of the controllers to say the least.
And gameplay mechanics can root deep into the game design and code.

Go play Pariah PC multiplayer and then you will see the console-ish aiming and game pace.
OMG WTF FOR THE LAST FRIGGIN TIME... Pariah was built by DE not EPIC. Look at Unreal Championship and UT2003 - good ports.

Ryans_Privates
15th May 2005, 05:15 PM
Hay if they can make money on it being on consoles than more power to them! :D

Sir_Brizz
15th May 2005, 11:04 PM
And to be fair, PAriah PC is not that cosolish. I mean, there have been oteher games with the same kind of gameplay mechanics, and the only two things I would say feel like they belong to the console is the menus and the aiming.

]SideWinder[
15th May 2005, 11:29 PM
OMG WTF FOR THE LAST FRIGGIN TIME... Pariah was built by DE not EPIC. Look at Unreal Championship and UT2003 - good ports.
seriously! how hard is it for people to understand that!
Epic will not make this mistake, because the guys who made Pariah ARE NOT EPIC!!

Raden
15th May 2005, 11:46 PM
Did you like the first UT?

Did you know it was also on the PS2?

Yeah. You played a "console game" using your logic.

Gumby
16th May 2005, 12:13 AM
QIII was ok on the PS2... Even with the funny joypads :D

edit: You could even trickjump - albeit not as well as on PC:(

-AEnubis-
16th May 2005, 05:22 AM
It's just paranoia. I think this game is going to be awsome, multi-platform or not.

krjal
16th May 2005, 10:28 AM
Yep. I'm not worried. Epic said it's PC first so they'll do it right.

I'm sure the GoW team can give the UT team a hand when they get to 360ing it anyway.

SkummyB|BuF
21st May 2005, 05:55 PM
one slight problem i don't think anyone's touched on... patches - how long is it going to take to see updates if the whole thing has to be redone for 3 different platforms before we see it?

thats if the console versions can be patched at all... bad idea :s

BulletProof
21st May 2005, 11:27 PM
Just trust Epic to do it properly and create another great game. When have they really let you down? UT2003? nah, it was still a great game.

By bringing UT2007 to consoles they are exposing more people to Unreal and from a business perspective greatly increasing their revenue. What you guys should be more worried about is the implications involved with Epic's willingness to go exclusive with GOW and that UT2k7 will suffer because Epic is overextending itself (two major releases, GOW and UT2k7, slated for 2006 + the engine) and might be handing out its workload to the other companies it has bought out recently. Especially since in the past the worst Epic games have been those with other developers hands on them (U2 and UT2003).

]SideWinder[
21st May 2005, 11:57 PM
one slight problem i don't think anyone's touched on... patches - how long is it going to take to see updates if the whole thing has to be redone for 3 different platforms before we see it?

thats if the console versions can be patched at all... bad idea :s
Halo2 gets patches all the time.... so I dont know what your talking about as far as if they can be patched on consoles. But more then likely they will make the PC patch first, because we are there main market. Then the Consuls next. Im sure they will fix most of the bugs the PC has when its out for consuls before they ship them. That is assuming the PC vertions come out first.

FireCrack
22nd May 2005, 01:01 AM
The only negative i can see with porting to consoles it that everyone seems to pointlessly whine about it.

Black_Seeds
22nd May 2005, 02:32 AM
I'll say, I would think it better that more people get to play the games :P

-AEnubis-
22nd May 2005, 03:10 AM
They won't patch PC first because we are the bigger market, the will patch PC first because we are the primary source of online dedicated servers. Epic rarely breaks net compatibility patch to patch, so some console versions may not even need to patch barring some nasty bugs.

gregori
22nd May 2005, 05:30 PM
not gonna hurt my experience of it playing on the pc so i don't give a cr#p whether they port it either way, strikes me though, that it be a better idea to do a UC2 sequel on console platforms.

hunterw
22nd May 2005, 11:55 PM
sure

ill have ut2007 on my pc and they will have it on their xbox

which input is better for this game, hmm...doofux xbox controller or keyboard/mouse (or in my case since im leet, trackball)

ie PC users would crush consolers like snot in multi lol

Raden
23rd May 2005, 12:08 AM
Just trust Epic to do it properly and create another great game. When have they really let you down? UT2003? nah, it was still a great game.

Epic didn't let me down with UT2003, Digital Extremes did.

]SideWinder[
23rd May 2005, 12:42 AM
sure

ill have ut2007 on my pc and they will have it on their xbox

which input is better for this game, hmm...doofux xbox controller or keyboard/mouse (or in my case since im leet, trackball)

ie PC users would crush consolers like snot in multi lol
Why do you assume that the two games will beable to cross platform like that?
I dont understand how you could make that kind of assumtion. The only game that ever did that was FF11. That worked because its an MMO, no real skill needed there.

gregori
23rd May 2005, 08:08 AM
They wouldn't be cross platform, it be a logistical nighmare!
also console ports would probably have target assistance which mostly means they won't be cross platform it'd be a unfair playing field.

It's all to easy to blame digital extremes