PDA

View Full Version : The Canister Gun?

Steelixx
11th May 2005, 08:24 AM
How do u think the canister gun is gonna look like and be? It's gonna house a BioRifle a Grenade launcher and a Mine layer. Well my theory is a Sticky spidermine that u can detonate like the Grenade launcher and explodes in Bioslug. What do u think?

G.Lecter
11th May 2005, 11:40 AM
I've read somewhere the CanisterGun will work depending on the ammo you get for it: If you take BioAmmo it will work like the UT2004 BioRifle, if you get SpiderMines it will work like the MineLayer... ;)

Steelixx
11th May 2005, 11:43 AM
man... i hope it wont be like that. I hope it will be like my idea or close to it. I wonder how that kinda weapon will look like?

Mr.Magnetichead
12th May 2005, 01:56 AM
I hope it's nothing like your idea tbh. Sounds ridiculous.

BLUUDTH|RSTA
12th May 2005, 02:01 AM
G lectOR I think hit a little more closer to the mark.

ONS dont need GOO, so the canister gun will be Spider mines or a Grenade lunchboxer in ONS.

DM certainily doesnt need the spider mines, so I guess it will be a SCOOBYGOO gun in DM.

EDIT: MR MAGNETIC HEAD: WHy in heck wouldnt ONS need goo? More to the point, why in heck would it need goo? You got a plethora of weapons already, why confuse it with another one that doesnt do anything that the rest cant do. The goo cant do anything overly different than the flak cant do, or the spider mines.

DM would be plain stupid with Spider mines. Dude, have a quick think about it. /me grabs spider mines in Rankin, spams them left right and center, /me hopes other players cant run too fast.

Mr.Magnetichead
12th May 2005, 02:05 AM
G lectOR I think hit a little more closer to the mark.

ONS dont need GOO, so the canister gun will be Spider mines or a Grenade lunchboxer in ONS.

DM certainily doesnt need the spider mines, so I guess it will be a SCOOBYGOO gun in DM.

Why doesn't ONS need goo?

Why doesnt DM need mines?

Nines
12th May 2005, 04:34 AM
You will probably be able to switch ammo.
Like, if you have spidermines and grenades, you can press alternate fire to switch between them.

The--Grim--Reaper
12th May 2005, 04:52 AM
ChaosUT style ammo switching i reckon.

edhe
12th May 2005, 05:22 AM
You have to remember that each of those weapons has previously had secondary fire options too, so you can't just remove that.

Maybe there'll be a sub-section prioritisation of ammo type and selecting the gun will cycle through them. Like cycling through IH/Chainsaw or Sniper/Deemer in UT.

krjal
12th May 2005, 07:23 AM
Instead of hotkeying a couple of diff weapons it'll just be a hotkey close by (eg. 'R') for switching ammo on the canister gun.

Should work fine.

Steelixx
12th May 2005, 07:53 AM
R is team chat :)

B
12th May 2005, 08:07 AM
Why doesn't ONS need goo?

Why doesnt DM need mines?

He just explained that, read the tread. And for once reply to the topic instead of trolling and giving smartass remarks.

I hope the gun will be like G.Lecter said.

Steelixx
12th May 2005, 09:11 AM
How would it look like then? Some kinda freak weap? Biorifle/Spidermine/Grenadelauncher?

O.S.T
12th May 2005, 10:25 AM
How do u think the canister gun is gonna look like and be?
it will cover half of the screen and shoot all 3 weapons at once

seriously; I guess you could scroll with the mousewheel through the different weapon kinds in the canister gun(or press several times the number, if you don't use the mousewheel), but we will see how it turns out

SealClubber
12th May 2005, 11:04 AM
The canister gun sounds like a good idea. I like it.

Mr.Magnetichead
12th May 2005, 02:47 PM
EDIT: MR MAGNETIC HEAD: WHy in heck wouldnt ONS need goo? More to the point, why in heck would it need goo? You got a plethora of weapons already, why confuse it with another one that doesnt do anything that the rest cant do. The goo cant do anything overly different than the flak cant do, or the spider mines.

DM would be plain stupid with Spider mines. Dude, have a quick think about it. /me grabs spider mines in Rankin, spams them left right and center, /me hopes other players cant run too fast.

Goo is very useful for defending a point or laying down a perimeter around you.

Mines are also useful for forcing players to move through bottlenecks in maps.

You have answered my question though by saying that you find too many weapons confusing.

Perhaps you'd prefer IG or maybe kiss chase.

He just explained that, read the tread. And for once reply to the topic instead of trolling and giving smartass remarks.

I hope the gun will be like G.Lecter said.

He only addressed me after editing. Sorry I can't read things from the future like you.

How would it look like then? Some kinda freak weap? Biorifle/Spidermine/Grenadelauncher?

Like the UC2 canister gun or the Hydra from Unreal 2

Unreality
12th May 2005, 04:21 PM
well i can say spidermines really can mess games like DM TDM and other non vechile gametypes cause by the moment one person gets a minelayer he's bound to get some cheap kills and it will certainly kill gameplay to have mines in DM cause everybody would be whoring it -.- If Epic figures that out i give em a cheer :)

UncleThursday
12th May 2005, 04:33 PM
UC 2 already uses a canister gun. The Biorifle and the Grenade launcher are the same gun, it just switches ammo if you have both weapons chosen depending on which type of ammo you want to fire. Try it out in first person mode to see this in UC 2.

BLUUDTH|RSTA
12th May 2005, 04:54 PM
Goo is very useful for defending a point or laying down a perimeter around you.

You have answered my question though by saying that you find too many weapons confusing.

Although I appreciate you are trying very hard, I think you still need to think your whole post over. Goo is NOT good for that. It evaporates after a short period of time. So your perimiter you talk about is an "evaporating" perimeter. Spider mines dont evaporate, grenades dont evaporate. Thus GOO is pointless in ONS.

I do not find to many weapons confusing, I was considering the "newplayersthatEpicwanttobringtothegame" who are already confused by the dodging, LtG, and other things that are being considered for elimination. So why would you include several more weapons, when trying to reduce the learning curve.

Those were points to support my belief in my earlier thread. Hope that answered your question. OK? Thanks.

krjal
12th May 2005, 07:49 PM
Bio's great in any gametype.

@ Steelixx, oops, forgot about that. I've changed my hotkeys around.

Kantham
12th May 2005, 08:17 PM
I personaly think that Bio is not so useless in ONS. And still , only the experianced players use it in DM. Or a normal player (aka ''noob'') will use it only if he got it instead of wasting time getting a kill with the AR.

I don't think they should include vicious mines on the DM floors. That would Scare the unreal fans.

BooGiTyBoY
12th May 2005, 08:24 PM
I'd rather have a goop gun for long distance shots than an ltg.(I actually hit more with it... and I mean actually hit the person.. not spooge next to them and let em' walk over it) Most ons games = long distance shots.
Therefore...

Goop for teh win!

Goop is my fav gun in 2k3/4. To me personally it's sucky that it doesn't even rank having it's own model... specially since it was kind of a unique weapon to the series. :(

Mr.Magnetichead
13th May 2005, 02:31 AM
Much Goo Love

krjal
13th May 2005, 02:35 AM
Yes, poor Goo. Intelligent now too.

Mr.Magnetichead
13th May 2005, 03:38 AM
And cute ^_^

Unreality
13th May 2005, 10:38 AM
yea i'd say with the bio rifle i was able to goop up a hellbender and then driver was like hehe it doesn't explode some seconds later he dies from exploding goop in he's face ^.^

Monster Kill
25th May 2005, 07:14 PM
[QUOTE=BLUUDTH|RSTA]Although I appreciate you are trying very hard, I think you still need to think your whole post over. Goo is NOT good for that. It evaporates after a short period of time. So your perimiter you talk about is an "evaporating" perimeter. Spider mines dont evaporate, grenades dont evaporate. Thus GOO is pointless in ONS.

Goo is good for charging up globs, walking up to somebody, and shooting them pointblank for an instakill. In UT99, you didn't even have to charge up to get an easy kill. The primary fire was powerful as ass. (hence the UT99 biorifle smiley avatar;))

FireCrack
25th May 2005, 08:05 PM
Goo is good for killing vehicles.

In my opinion grenades are generaly pointless anywhere, not a good weapon IMO.

Xipher
25th May 2005, 08:10 PM
Well, I think they make a great trap weapon (at least the sticky ones), as you can throw a few on your manta or Scorpian, drive some where, hop out, and wait for some unsuspecting oponent to hop in, and BOOM, they're gone.

Kantham
25th May 2005, 08:24 PM
Goo is good for killing vehicles.

In my opinion grenades are generaly pointless anywhere, not a good weapon IMO.

I moslty use it like a trap in vctf. I like that weapon when i need it. Not to use it like a traditional weapon to fight with.

FireCrack
25th May 2005, 10:35 PM
But how often do you lay a trap like that, furthermore, how often is it worth the time? I'l admit that there not usless, but they are pointless. THe game could play just as good without them, realy just a superflous weapon.

BooGiTyBoY
26th May 2005, 02:39 AM
Nades to me are only good for vehicle or node combat. At least if you get killed they still go off.

Oh.. and they rule all for trickjumping... ;)

-AEnubis-
26th May 2005, 03:31 AM
Yeah, the only thing I use nades for is silent node kills.

Unload all nades: Check.
Sit all mines: Check.
Run mines into node = Det nades: Check.

1600+ points of damage, and then then enemy knows your there.

Other then that, I don't use them anywhere, unless you count trash talk kills in Healpod.

What it really boils down to in the end is what options they leave me for scripting grabbing that weapon and what ammo.

...and I personally like backing an enemy into goo I just threw right behind them... and if they try to pull forward to avoid it, shock beam them into it.

edhe
26th May 2005, 05:10 AM
The number of times i've put people back into the goo that i've previously missed with them for the kill anyway must number in the hundreds, \o/

[SHADOW|force]
26th May 2005, 03:29 PM
bio - for me best offensive gun in small rooms and many enemies. I get much more megakills than with a shock or something

blutspender
26th May 2005, 04:52 PM
Yeah, the Biorifle is great. When you fire with the second fire in someones back, you get an instantkill

FireCrack
26th May 2005, 07:28 PM
Bio is just plainly a great gun, it better be in all gamemodes.

{TD}orgasmix
26th May 2005, 11:17 PM
the goo is the most satisfying weapon to use. Goobededing someone with a fully charged shot and NOT killin urself along with it is just so satisfying and embarrassing for the victim. Lots of good laughs

Xipher
26th May 2005, 11:37 PM
the goo is the most satisfying weapon to use. Goobededing someone with a fully charged shot and NOT killin urself along with it is just so satisfying and embarrassing for the victim. Lots of good laughs
I find bouncing a shock ball back in their face, and having THEM blow it up in thier own face was about as good. I guess that was one good thing about the shield gun.

UnrealGrrl
28th May 2005, 02:19 PM
I'd rather have a goop gun for long distance shots than an ltg.(I actually hit more with it... and I mean actually hit the person.. not spooge next to them and let em' walk over it) Most ons games = long distance shots.
Therefore...

Goop for teh win!

Goop is my fav gun in 2k3/4. To me personally it's sucky that it doesn't even rank having it's own model... specially since it was kind of a unique weapon to the series. :(

yeah it has always been my fave weapon since UT...

i hope i like the new gun as much, im guessing (if someone didnt already say) that it will be like the grenade launcher from Unreal2 that had the different types of grenades you could use, toxic, explosive, etc and you just rolled the barrel to fire a different type, that was a pretty cool weapon imnsho :)

FireCrack
28th May 2005, 02:28 PM
No need to be humble when you're stating a proven fact ;)

Monster Kill
28th May 2005, 02:32 PM

I agree that it is the most satisfying weapon to use but the one w/ the most laughs is the shieldgun. SO funny :lol:

Steelixx
28th May 2005, 02:41 PM
Well seems like the weap is going to fire diffrent types of ammo, but still you guys gotta admit it was a good idea to combine them.