PDA

View Full Version : Support For ONSlaught.GameType

vynum
8th May 2005, 05:30 AM
I am planning on making at least 4 maps that will encompass alot of highways and your vehilces would be great in my maps. However, I wanted to place them in the ONSlaught.GameType.

Is there any chance you guys could encorperate an ONSlaughtVehilceFactory?

One more question. I haven't downloaded the mod yet or any maps and I was wondering how did the Map developers make the roads on the terrain? Exactly what method was used?

thanks,

vynum

ProjectX
8th May 2005, 06:16 AM
I am planning on making at least 4 maps that will encompass alot of highways and your vehilces would be great in my maps. However, I wanted to place them in the ONSlaught.GameType.

Is there any chance you guys could encorperate an ONSlaughtVehilceFactory?

One more question. I haven't downloaded the mod yet or any maps and I was wondering how did the Map developers make the roads on the terrain? Exactly what method was used?

thanks,

vynum

Wow. This thread is particularly similar to one you posted before...

vynum
9th May 2005, 02:48 PM
Your correct, no replies and no answers to my questions!

ProjectX
9th May 2005, 03:05 PM
Your correct, no replies and no answers to my questions!

true, we await an answer from Shrimp.

Shrimp
9th May 2005, 03:32 PM
;)

Hmm, I've always wanted UW vehicles in ONS... :P

I think I'll see what I can do about that this weekend, eaze me back into the swing of things :)

stevenhorton
9th May 2005, 04:26 PM
I have already started converting some of my vehicles to a ONSWheeledCraft sVehicle, they seem to be faster:P The problem is you lose the follow camera, so you are back to moving your view to follow the vehicle:(

$n][pErMan
9th May 2005, 09:09 PM
I acctually race by following my view and rarely lock the camera.

vynum
10th May 2005, 12:43 AM
Hi guys, thanks for responding. I really loved the Gorilla Hover Craft by Wicked Penguin, and had tried countless times to get in contact with him, failing of coarase. So, I had to make an ONSVehicleFactory myself along with the help of another great programmer. Here (http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=463414&highlight=vehicle+and+factories+or+factory) is the thread over at atari if you want to take a look. Here is the code if for some reason you can't browse to that link:

//-----------------------------------------------------------
//
//-----------------------------------------------------------
class ONSGorillaFactory extends ONSVehicleFactory;

defaultproperties
{
RedBuildEffectClass=Class'Onslaught.ONSHoverBikeBuildEffectRed'
BlueBuildEffectClass=Class'Onslaught.ONSHoverBikeBuildEffectBlue'
VehicleClass=Class'Gorilla.ONSGorilla'
Mesh=SkeletalMesh'ONSGorilla.Gorilla'
}

Everything in aqua is what I changed.

Now I know that none of the vehicles in UNWheeled has no guns, but placing them in ONS for now would be great as the guys could use them to get from point A to point B. Of coarse the Amor will have to be beefed up a bit along with water damage. Now the modelers of the vehilces could, I guess very easily put two small guns, nothing fancy on either the hood, or roofs of the vehilces. and make it so that map authors could easly change in the Factory's Default Properties, change the weapons to their liking and needs.

There will be a HUGE plus if you guys do this. Rightnow ONS has a pretty large audiance, as does the VCTF community. This I hope would spread more awareness of UNWheeled and get other map desingers involved in making more UNWheeled maps. I already have some terrific ideas for some maps that would be great for UNWheeled but wouldn't do justice for an ONS map. Also vica verca.

vynum

Shrimp
10th May 2005, 01:56 AM
Unfortunately it's not as easy for UW, since our vehicle classes have a huge amount of code in them, all specific to UW. You can try to summon an UnWheel vehicle in ONS and drive it around a bit, you'll quickly find several problems.

Nothing short of re-implimenting every vehicle as ONS vehicles, or a large update to the UnWheel code will get them info ONS.

The most practical way at the moment would be an UnWheel update, since there are also several bugs to be fixed and features to be added at the same time :).

ProjectX
10th May 2005, 10:18 AM
Unfortunately it's not as easy for UW, since our vehicle classes have a huge amount of code in them, all specific to UW. You can try to summon an UnWheel vehicle in ONS and drive it around a bit, you'll quickly find several problems.

Nothing short of re-implimenting every vehicle as ONS vehicles, or a large update to the UnWheel code will get them info ONS.

The most practical way at the moment would be an UnWheel update, since there are also several bugs to be fixed and features to be added at the same time :).

and I've got several maps to put in too

Shrimp
15th May 2005, 08:20 AM
Hmm, well after a bit of playing around, seems it'll be a bit of large-ish changes need to be made to the UWSCar base class. A simple mutator or something won't work.

It'll be fairly simple to put into a proper UnWheel patch though...

JACK SH!T
15th May 2005, 09:54 PM
Yeah, what he said..... UW update
:404:

ProjectX
16th May 2005, 05:43 AM
Yeah, what he said..... UW update
:404:
+65536

Shrimp
16th May 2005, 05:56 AM
;)

stevenhorton
16th May 2005, 09:16 PM
I have a couple of my vehicles in ONS setting that can do a mile in under 15 seconds, I also have animated suspension working on one of them;) I do have a odd problem though, as the speed increases, the car becomes a low rider:P

craze
17th May 2005, 09:50 PM
nice HUD in that pic.

ProjectX
18th May 2005, 02:34 AM
nice HUD in that pic.

It's a speedometer mutator by Dicky B on the Atari Forums. It works for Onslaught and Assault in any vehicle.

stevenhorton
18th May 2005, 04:16 PM
Works very well for vehicle evaluation:) Unfortunately, it won't work online:(

carmatic
20th May 2005, 05:26 PM
yay for working suspension!!