PDA

View Full Version : ut2004rpg dropping out after first map

DeathAdder
30th Apr 2005, 01:44 PM
Anyone experience problems with ut2004rpg not loading back after first map? It works fine, but after map is over and next map starts, ut2004rpg doesn't start back up. here is my gametypes.

GameType=(GameName="FHI Invasion",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="LightBringer's FHI>>Invasion<<Elite",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="FHI-ThePit",MapPrefix="FHI",AltMapPrefix="",GameClass="FHI.FHI",Mutators="DUmmyMut.DummyMutA",Commands="?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?Translocator=True?Weaponstay=True?PlayersMustBeReady=False?GameSpeed=1.00 ?VsBots=False?NumBots=1")
GameType=(GameName="FHI RPG Invasion",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="LightBringer's FHI>>RPG Invasion<<Elite",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="FHI-ThePit",MapPrefix="FHI",AltMapPrefix="",GameClass="FHI.FHI",Mutators="DUmmyMut.DummyMutA,UT2004RPG.MutUT2004RPG",Commands="?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?Translocator=True?Weaponstay=True?PlayersMustBeReady=False?GameSpeed=1.00 ?VsBots=False?NumBots=1")

sh0V3l
30th Apr 2005, 02:14 PM
your using the gametype class fhi.fhi in both game strings you cannot do this with ut2vote you need to use gamemake to make a new gameclass of fhi.fhi its all in the readme

hey i just noticed who you wre lb whats upp been a while i see your still doin the inv thing ill make u what u need and post a link in a few mins

DeathAdder
30th Apr 2005, 02:25 PM
ok, thx. been doing ok, busy more with work and less with maintaining server. but, i'm getting server back into business.

sh0V3l
30th Apr 2005, 02:57 PM
gamemake doesnt like this mod it makes int and ucl file but no u file must be the way kangus did the gameclasses maybe talk to him and see if he can make u an additional dm gameclass game make works with deathball and some other mods as well lol he always has had his own way of doing things if i remember right lol

DeathAdder
30th Apr 2005, 03:41 PM
how to i contact kangus?

sh0V3l
30th Apr 2005, 08:06 PM
im sorry i ment parser or the others that are involved with fhi

Imaginos
1st May 2005, 09:21 AM
Hey LB, long time no see.

DeathAdder
1st May 2005, 10:44 AM
Hi, yep long time.

Is ut2vote able to save the server log after the server crashes under a new saved name? I'm having crashing issues, and before I can get the chance to see the problem, the server has already overwritten the log file. Unfortunately, I can't put a bat file to run the server where I could do a loop with a copy server.log servercrash.log line.

Do you know any mutator that could do this?

tdw-socke
2nd May 2005, 04:25 AM
hehe, deathadder comes to us ^^

saving the log under a new name after a crash is something, your serverscript should do. If the server crashes, ut and ut2vote are dead, and the machine itself must copy the log :)

hey, we have FHI v4 and the gameclass still is called fhi.fhi... very smart, my redirect-server is for trash now ^^

hmishima
2nd May 2005, 12:54 PM
There's actually a very easy way around this. Run the standard invasion game type, but make the default map prefix FHI and you're good to go. The maps load everything else that is needed.

sh0V3l
2nd May 2005, 08:18 PM
There's actually a very easy way around this. Run the standard invasion game type, but make the default map prefix FHI and you're good to go. The maps load everything else that is needed.

i had thought of that but didnt have time to test it so i didnt say anything im glad it works

hmishima
3rd May 2005, 12:26 AM
I used to run my INV server that way...found it by accident really. When Pro added the altmapprefix= I put in FHI, and lo and behold it loaded weapons, monsters and everything else with the maps. Never had a problem with it unloading the RPG either.