PDA

View Full Version : Q about unrEd3.0

MafiaKid
28th Apr 2005, 04:31 PM
Hello ppl, I'm new to this forum and have a question about unrED3.0

I play and map Ut99 all the time and yesterday I bought Ut2004 which has a new editor.I tried a few things but alot is different
I looked on the net for tuts but they are almost the same as Ut99 tuts

My questions:

1. Are movers just static meshes? and how can I trigger them?
2. How does the sky making thing work,I tried the stars in the s.mesh list but you can't run around or add playerstart outside a room or platform you created,does 3.0 work the same for skyboxes as unrealED2 with brushes? I wanted to make a space-map see..
3. Why don't the pawns stay where you stik em? they start a couple a secs after you start,next to you??
4. Thanks if you read this

I would really appreciate any help with unrealED3.0 and hope my questions aren't lame or annoying

Bot_40
28th Apr 2005, 04:43 PM
1) Yes, you select the static mesh in the static mesh browser then click add mover button. Then they behave pretty much the same as in UT99 afaik
2) Same as UED 2 again, you need to subtract some box somewhere and add in a skybox zone info, then you can put static meshes or whatever you like inside it for added effect
3) Dunno, never found a use for adding pawns in a map :p

MafiaKid
28th Apr 2005, 04:56 PM
Thanks Bot_40 i'll try the skybox routine as I did with unrED2.

Np,just wondered about using pawns in a Ut2004 SP but they got mind(ha,joke) of their own :rolleyes:
Yeh the s.meshes movers work great,fantastic s.meshes here in Ut2004 :D

Angel_Mapper
28th Apr 2005, 06:06 PM
You need to code your own pawns if you want them to stay put, otherwise they'll follow standard bot behavior.

MafiaKid
29th Apr 2005, 03:14 AM
You need to code your own pawns if you want them to stay put, otherwise they'll follow standard bot behavior.

Hi Angel_Mapper

Code the pawns.. they are coded as bots(!) ok thanks, I have to use the script program from Unreal-Site I spose but thats hard 4 me as I not program at all! I just read your weapons-changing tut about that sort a thing but it's beyond me...

Edit2: I got the pawns to stay where I left 'em on the map by scripting them from the Actor-list..I don't know if thats good but it works,lol,they follow the pathnodes and I'm happy :D ..just registered with a Nalicity mapsite so hope to u/l a SP 1 day!..(FTP???)....concentrating on CTF at the moment