PDA

View Full Version : UWRM-Torpedo

ProjectX
27th Apr 2005, 03:49 PM
This is just a post telling you lot that I've been working on a new map while i'm waiting for the ads for freefall to be made. This one is a rabbit map, in space, with Shrimp's new jump pads (it's quite hectic, and the bots can *almost* use them) and it should be a lot of fun.

screens and a download will appear soon.

Linkaged: http://download.beyondunreal.com/fileworks.php/unwheel/maps/UWRM-Torpedo.rar

ProjectX
28th Apr 2005, 02:32 PM
well, it's uploaded, now I just have to wait for it to be mirrored by BU andthen I'll post te link.

It's the first roamer/rabbit map to include Shrimp's bouncer script, I hope yo enjoy it.

Oh and yes it is meant to be 436 kb. The winrar compressed it good.

ProjectX
30th Apr 2005, 03:53 PM
wow. One download in two days, you lot love this map :(

JACK SH!T
30th Apr 2005, 05:05 PM
I'm going to get it in a few, burning Linux ISO's right now, then updating from Mandrake to Mandriva Linux.
Anyone hosting it yet? I assum Jerdago is still having router problems....Maybe Snipe was the d/l, and is hosting it :rolleyes:

JamesBong
2nd May 2005, 10:45 AM
i got it the other day. i spent more time in 'space' and 'reset'ing than anything. maybe it'll be better online with ppl who know how to drive (bot thing). it'd be nice if one could steer/guide the vehicle while in the air. the jumppads are cool, but seem to just throw you off the map....(unless thats what you had in mind, to avoid these jumppads ;) ). these jumppads have real potential for some interesting mappings...... looks great as always :)

ProjectX
2nd May 2005, 03:57 PM
it takes practise, but you can learn the speeds required. Afterall, I learnt it in just one day

jerdaygo
2nd May 2005, 08:01 PM
Cool little map PX :tup: :D :tup:

$n][pErMan
3rd May 2005, 10:59 PM
Is this server ready yet? if its not final I'll wait to get it :)

ProjectX
4th May 2005, 10:57 AM
[pErMan']Is this server ready yet? if its not final I'll wait to get it :)

I hope it is.

JACK SH!T
4th May 2005, 08:55 PM
going 4 it now then....

Diego1203
6th May 2005, 01:52 PM
Not a bad map PX. The wierd thing is that this is the first I've heard of this jump script, but the last modified date says february 1st. I could see it being used well in a big air map for sure. You might want to add a few extra player starts, and to make it more interesting you could change the jump center to make the cars do barrel rolls and flips.

Edit: also you might want to do something about the ramps leading to the center section, cars can get stuck there if their wheels go in the spaces there.

Edit2: maybe changing the jump center isn't such a good idea, a just tried it out and it seemed to be really unpredictable, I'm guessing that's why you didn't use it in the first place. I'm gonna keep tweaking to see of I can get it working better.

ProjectX
6th May 2005, 02:13 PM
Ok i'll change the ramps ASAP