PDA

View Full Version : What free bonus item do you want to come with UT:ENVY ?

Brain
25th Apr 2005, 08:51 AM
Most things that come free with games lately are lame, so lets help out all those marketing folks and let them know what we want.

A free headset? Naaa, they are starting to pile up in my office.

Bumper stickers? Hmmm, a little better.

A UT car emblem? Now that was a great freebie! I still have that one on my truck.

A t-shirt?

A rebate coupon?

?

Its never too early to start thinking and talking about what we want.

edhe
25th Apr 2005, 09:59 AM
A bloody good manual that gets the noobs right in there. ;)

Oh, and Alienware.

B
25th Apr 2005, 11:10 AM
How about a good game and none of the useless crap that comes with it. :tup:

edhe
25th Apr 2005, 11:21 AM
A Bloody Good Game.

Olga
25th Apr 2005, 11:34 AM
Xan Action Figuar!!!!!!

B****INOOOOOOM I are the alfa and the ohmigah.

Taleweaver
25th Apr 2005, 01:02 PM
I agree that most extra stuff that ships with games is barely worth it...so I don't want extras. Just the game will do.

A decent manual would be great, though...

Renegade Retard
25th Apr 2005, 01:16 PM
A pair of Unreal boxer shorts with "Headshot" written across the front.

Bot_40
25th Apr 2005, 01:21 PM
A bumper sticker with MMMMMONSTER KILL kill kill written on it.

well...

that might be tempting fate somewhat ;)

Ignotium
25th Apr 2005, 01:31 PM
A Toilet with HOLLLLLLYY SSSSHHIIITTTT written all over it?

UnrealGrrl
25th Apr 2005, 02:26 PM
tshirt n boxers - cool
unreal soap on a rope - better
unreal tin/photo frame - nice
set of Unreal "phrase" stickers 'megakill', 'headshot!", "miiiiister crow". "eat that!". - awesome

but what i really want in UT: The Return is...

all the left over adrenaline pills :)

(and a rebate and a great game and announcement of the biggest MSU contest evah!)

Mozi
25th Apr 2005, 02:45 PM
Envy should come in one huge collectors box for insane die hard UT fanactics with the follwing included.

1) A "bloody" good game...
2) A proper tin box not a wrap around..
3) Posters
4) T-shirt ( something intersting not just the logo...as HL2)
5) A book and or DVD of like behind the scenes making of...kind of give an insight to what goes on...

6) A card with a phone number to call if getting this massive package takes longer than "two weeks".

NeoNite
25th Apr 2005, 07:26 PM
An "UT babes" nude calender.

Dark Pulse
26th Apr 2005, 03:23 AM
but what i really want in UT: The Return is...

all the left over adrenaline pills :)

I dunno who's more sad here.

Kantham
26th Apr 2005, 03:33 AM
-Mastering the unreal technology book ''2007''
-All concept art in the making
-A big poster , a big poster that would fit my white room's wall.

nick89
26th Apr 2005, 03:37 AM
A pair of Unreal boxer shorts with "Headshot" written across the front.

Keke! Yep.

Symbolikal
26th Apr 2005, 03:48 AM
With Asia Carrera on it? ;)

Lauren
26th Apr 2005, 09:04 AM
A Big Poster Of Lauren Necris ''From UC2'' if tis one will also in ut2k envy

Dark Pulse
26th Apr 2005, 09:29 AM
I could always go for a free Flak Cannon. :)

Lauren
26th Apr 2005, 09:55 AM
With Flak ammo packs, without flak shells you can use it ''ot you must put a apple in it'' \o/

NeoNite
26th Apr 2005, 11:05 AM
With Asia Carrera on it? ;)

Yeah man, and that brasilian babe roberta accioly! (worth checking out)

Hey, whoever said they had to be drawn or eh.. digital goodness?

The real deal, is what we want! ;O)

JaFO
26th Apr 2005, 11:09 AM
no rebate-coupons (I'd rather have the game cheaper without me having to fill their marketing-database), less bugs, more features, better support for custom content, ...

... and for *beeps* sake let someone write a decent manual for the editors et al. I want one that's at least 100 pages thick so I can use it to hit some sense into people.

Heck ... they should stop calling it a game and rename it to "Unreal Engine Construction Kit (amateur-edition)" ;)

Lauren
26th Apr 2005, 11:38 AM
Hmmz i think 1 free unreal tournament Figuar will be cool ''you can chose one''

i want lauren of UC2 as figuar

and also buy others from races like juggernauts...."gorge" "Malcolm" "Sapphire" bla bla bla

kafros
26th Apr 2005, 01:03 PM
A bumper sticker with MMMMMONSTER KILL kill kill written on it.

well...

that might be tempting fate somewhat ;)

I would prefer ROAD KILL or VEHICULAR MANSLAUGTER for bumper stickers...

A Do It Yourself Redeemer cook book would be nice as well

A baywatch powered UT calandar. (you know, the vehicles from baywatch and the robots from UT. what were you thinking?)

Steyr
26th Apr 2005, 01:53 PM
A Cliff Blezinsky action figure.:lol:

Unreality
26th Apr 2005, 01:56 PM
well 1 part of me wants em to focus on the game and another wants some goodies to come with it lol even though the first thing i hear UT envy i will be rushing to my store to buy it :)

omnius
26th Apr 2005, 02:28 PM
all the hardware needed to run it!

Lauren
26th Apr 2005, 06:01 PM
all the hardware needed to run it!

Whaahhahah thats a good one!

Israphel
26th Apr 2005, 07:26 PM
1 box containing:

1 well-written manual

1 installation DVD (non of this multiple CD crap)

featuring:

1 awesome game with:

brilliant gameplay

a really solid collection of awesomely playable maps for all 4 gametypes

anything else is simply not important

Raden
26th Apr 2005, 09:41 PM
1 installation DVD (non of this multiple CD crap)

...... the problem with CD's is what, again?

Remember, some of us got our computers a little while ago, like when DVD drives were high priced novelties. Sorta like mine. As such, it has no DVD drive. Yeah I will probably upgrade my computer when UT2006 comes out, but still.

There's nothing wrong with CD's.

NeoNite
27th Apr 2005, 06:21 AM
A Big Poster Of Lauren Necris ''From UC2'' if tis one will also in ut2k envy

I've always liked this custom necris skin (UT). Basically it's a combination.
Male phalanx phayder outfit. (more costume than the default necris girls)

This face, Nehm cassus, is the best one of the pack imho.

2.Necris phalanx (http://skincity.beyondunreal.com/?section=skins&action=show_infos&id=731)

http://skincity.beyondunreal.com/src/img_skins/pic1_id731.jpg (http://skincity.beyondunreal.com/sections/show_skin.php?id=731)

If there would be an up-to-date version of this in the next UT, probably custom skin, I wouldn't mind using it for teh bots.

flo0tz
27th Apr 2005, 07:30 AM
QUAEK 4!!

Switch`
27th Apr 2005, 08:52 AM
Dogtag in the DVD box.

Lauren
27th Apr 2005, 08:59 AM
I've always liked this custom necris skin (UT). Basically it's a combination.
Male phalanx phayder outfit. (more costume than the default necris girls)

This face, Nehm cassus, is the best one of the pack imho.

2.Necris phalanx (http://skincity.beyondunreal.com/?section=skins&action=show_infos&id=731)

http://skincity.beyondunreal.com/src/img_skins/pic1_id731.jpg (http://skincity.beyondunreal.com/sections/show_skin.php?id=731)

If there would be an up-to-date version of this in the next UT, probably custom skin, I wouldn't mind using it for teh bots.

I like the UC2 Lauren so much. Its got nice body and cool effects etc.

And if they use it as bots we always can make custom models of it like other modders do just add it on the char script file or something.

And with that sticker VEHICULAR MANSLAUGTER is cool to but maybe you can made these to :2thumb:

Brain
27th Apr 2005, 01:28 PM
That dog tag looks pretty sweet.

Steyr
28th Apr 2005, 02:24 PM

Remember, some of us got our computers a little while ago, like when DVD drives were high priced novelties. Sorta like mine. As such, it has no DVD drive. Yeah I will probably upgrade my computer when UT2006 comes out, but still.

Um, ok, if you got your computer way back then, forget upgrading. you'll probably have to get a completely new computer. I suspect it would take 10+ cds to install a game like envy for several reasons, one being that with the normal maps they're baisically doubling the texture sizes for every object in the game. Not to mention the all new physics, higher detailed textures, etc. I'll be suprised if they can get it to fit on less than 3 dvds. Though they might be able to if they used the right kind of dvds.

Oh, and speaking of dvd players, I just got a really nice DVD burner off newegg, and it was really cheap too. It's like the first object in the cd/dvd drives and media section when you tell it to sort by ratings. It was 48.99, and it also had a combo deal on it where you can get a 100 pack of dvd-r's for only 27.00 more. It's on special now, so if you're interested you should check it out. You can find it at http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827152035

Oh, and dog tags would rule. I'd actually wear one of those.

Hunter
28th Apr 2005, 02:47 PM

CDs last time I heard are cheaper than DVD's but The standard these days is a DVD-ROM. so when Envy comes around I'm sure people with either upgrade for it or already have a DVD-ROM.

I upgraded to DVD for UT2004 SE.

Bot_40
28th Apr 2005, 04:47 PM
I'd rather have 1 dvd over 6 cds anyday, and of course the new UT will take up even more space than UT2k4.
Normal mapped 2048x2048 textures = 8x as much disk space as your standard 1024x1024 texture from UT2k4

xuxa
4th May 2005, 02:06 AM
The game should be free for those who have the original instruction manuals from ut99,ut2k3 and ut2k4. loyalty should be rewarded (heh)

shadow_dragon
4th May 2005, 03:56 AM
The game should be free for those who have the original instruction manuals from ut99,ut2k3 and ut2k4. loyalty should be rewarded (heh)

eep! but i got Unreal and UT free with voodoo cards and got no manuals! *Cries in despair!*

heh heh!

I like the idea of action figures or such!

Kantham
4th May 2005, 04:14 AM

I lost the manual for ut99 long ago. But i still have both 2k3 2k4 ones :)

Not free , but something like 75% in rabate would be apreciated.

NeoNite
4th May 2005, 07:13 AM
I lost the manual for ut99 long ago. But i still have both 2k3 2k4 ones :)

Not free , but something like 75% in rabate would be apreciated.

I still have all my game cd's, manuals, boxes. Everything. Even from the games I got in the 90s. Everything is intact.

I got UT in 2000. There's nothing missing.

I guess most people are too careless ;Op

(I'm just quoting you Kantham, doesn't mean I imply you're being too careless but I know there are plenty of people who throw their stuff around and it ends up missing..........too bad for them)

gregori
5th May 2005, 03:44 PM
mastering unreal book

]SideWinder[
5th May 2005, 07:58 PM
I would much enjoy my copy of UT: Envy to come packed with a video of the dev team doing a fine Jig. That would make my existence complete.

BooGiTyBoY
6th May 2005, 02:27 AM
I want an Envy style Gorge action figure with "Spine-Breaking" action and kung-fu grip.

OR

A keychain weapon. (i.e. Flak Cannon, Shock Rifle, etc.)

EL BOURIKO
23rd Sep 2005, 11:31 AM
Most things that come free with games lately are lame, so lets help out all those marketing folks and let them know what we want.

A free headset? Naaa, they are starting to pile up in my office.

Bumper stickers? Hmmm, a little better.

A UT car emblem? Now that was a great freebie! I still have that one on my truck.

A t-shirt?

A rebate coupon?

?

Its never too early to start thinking and talking about what we want.

a real shield gun for my daily life

The_Head
23rd Sep 2005, 11:55 AM
+1
Definetly should be done.

Also the dogtag would be cool

JarJarBinks1234
23rd Sep 2005, 02:22 PM
how bout a game where the multiplayer feature has to be unlocked. that way, noobs who dont know how to dodge cant join your ctf game and help you loose

dXII][Pa
23rd Sep 2005, 02:40 PM
A shock rifle will do for me.

briach
23rd Sep 2005, 02:41 PM
I'd rather have 1 dvd over 6 cds anyday, and of course the new UT will take up even more space than UT2k4.
Normal mapped 2048x2048 textures = 8x as much disk space as your standard 1024x1024 texture from UT2k4I heard they were aiming for 20GB of content.

Vault
23rd Sep 2005, 03:24 PM
as an extra for UT2007....i'd like a free copy of "Unreal"

Neophoenix
23rd Sep 2005, 05:06 PM
A bloody good manual that gets the noobs right in there. ;)

Oh, and Alienware.

A manual for UED 3 and an awesome bonus packs to go with an awesome game. If I get that I will be happy :).

as an extra for UT2007....i'd like a free copy of "Unreal"
How about a free version of UT99 with all the best User made content in an easy to install cd set :p. That way if people that buy UT2007 hate it they will have the original to fall back on. HA! :lol:

EL BOURIKO
23rd Sep 2005, 07:00 PM
how bout a game where the multiplayer feature has to be unlocked. that way, noobs who dont know how to dodge cant join your ctf game and help you loose

mmmmhhh, not sure...Kind of elite way of thinking!

Instead, if you want to play in peace, just run your own private server and pick up the people you want to play with.

placebo
5th Oct 2005, 04:16 PM
Shirt, by far. If you get a headset with the game, it's stupid if you already have a (most likely better) headset, but if you get a shirt or sticker, heck, I could have a UT2k7 shirt for each day of the week and not complain.

Vault
5th Oct 2005, 05:36 PM
hey placebo...i see youve joined the good forums

EL BOURIKO
13th Oct 2005, 01:56 PM
I just hope that we won t get this starforce sh!t as a surprise free bonus item...

T2A`
13th Oct 2005, 03:55 PM
But if it did, the game would truly be free... because I wouldn't buy it in the first place. :p

Master Roshi
13th Oct 2005, 05:31 PM
A manual that tells you how to use EVERYTHING in the new unrealed program!!!

EL BOURIKO
14th Oct 2005, 05:58 AM
A real guide to learn in an a simple way how to use the unreal engine to build maps.

Persefone
14th Oct 2005, 07:33 AM
There is a book about UnrealED.

http://www.samspublishing.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=0672326922&rl=1

EL BOURIKO
14th Oct 2005, 08:37 AM

another good link from persefone, thx ;-)
I know what to order for christmas now.

Taleweaver
14th Oct 2005, 09:03 AM

It would be awesome if UT3 would ship with a book like this, indeed (or a "with UnrealEd manual" edition). On the other hand, a quality book such as that one has to be agreed upon with a third party vendor...3DBuzz, in this case.

Persefone
15th Oct 2005, 07:16 PM
I wonder why they didnīt make an UnrealScript book.

EL BOURIKO
16th Oct 2005, 05:44 AM
I wonder why they didnīt make an UnrealScript book.

exactly, here is the program but help yourself... very frustrating!
I would have no problems to pay $10 more for a special edition that would have a booklet that would be a GET STARTED book with all the basics explained.

JaFO
16th Oct 2005, 07:34 AM
If you know how to program then the basics don't need to be explained ;)
It's the odd stuff like fsm's and the syntax that needs to be listed somewhere on paper.

Persefone
16th Oct 2005, 10:53 AM
Yeah, I wouldn´t mind to spend some of my free time developing content for UT, but I refuse to waste half of my life trying to figure how UnrealScript and the engine work.

TraCK
17th Oct 2005, 12:43 AM
Poster and Concept art book for bonuses.

Action Figure / Model sounds kinda cool to put on your computer desk or what not but I'd rather just a nice book.

T-shirts get old and don't always fit. Who's really brave enough to wear an Unreal Tournament dog tag in public??? (Not me)

Draco73
17th Oct 2005, 07:54 AM
i have that unreal ed book and its amazing, the amount of information in it is great and its helped me learn some of the more advanced things in the ed. and i highly recomend it to any one its a great book. but to ship that with the game is a bit much lol, the book is like 1,000 pages, and most unreal peeps are not mappers so it would be a waste to all of them...although it would be cool if they had something with the game like that for the mappers. but if u ask me i dont need anything shiped with the game, so long as they give me a great game with few glitches. and have it shiped on time and not delyaed like 10 times then i will be more than happy. but if they had to ship something i would like some "matieral" object. something i could hold or display such as those dog tags, or an mini unreal metal statue, or a teeshirt that i could wear with pride (i already got a 2k4 and a 2k7 nvidia/ut promo shirts that i wear, im wearing the 2k4 one as i type this lol).

Brain
26th Oct 2005, 02:09 PM
After looking into the last few games that were just released, I might settle for a plain DVD version that is NOT a special edition or collectors edition or part of any other "value-add" marketing scheme.

I am getting really tired of them adding stuff like a free game that I already played, or some behind the scenes footage that I don't really care to see, bundle it with the game on DVD and then want to charge me an extra ten bucks for the whole package.

I want sumthin' for nuthin' dagnabbit! Especially if they want me to pre-order the game.

Selerox
26th Oct 2005, 02:30 PM
Does "good gameplay" count as a free bonus item? ;)

Persefone
26th Oct 2005, 05:01 PM
Jack Thompson action figure for the win, there is no better free item.

I win the thread\o/

NeoNite
26th Oct 2005, 05:27 PM
A jack thompson conquest map.
Thou must prevent jack thompson from taking over gamersland.
His mindless drones shall do anything within their might to smite you, and well kill you with harsh language and of course, big guns.

Are you up to the task? To take over jack thompson city, jack thompson castle and jack thompson military/secret installation?

I hope so.

Persefone
27th Oct 2005, 04:47 PM
A xboz pad! :B