PDA

View Full Version : Physics!!!!

moonflyer
25th Apr 2005, 04:47 AM
we want more cool physics effects in the next ut.
we want damn awesome physics related gameplay!!

more physics, more interaction :D

Slainchild
25th Apr 2005, 04:59 AM
Yes indeed! :D

No gravity gun though. ;)

rhirud
25th Apr 2005, 05:34 AM
Have you seen the leaked videos? - the next UT engine is all about the physics. And the next device to occupy a slot in our PC's will be a dedicated physics processor.

iron12
25th Apr 2005, 07:42 AM
If I hit someone with a scorpion at high speed I want to see him cartwheeling through the air.

Ignotium
25th Apr 2005, 12:35 PM
I'd love to see rests of big explosions killing ppl all around

Steelixx
27th Apr 2005, 10:27 AM
I heard that UT2k6 will have physics on everything even terrain forests. That new game type, Conquest seems very fun it's a Combination of AS and ONS i dont really get how it's gonna work but it seems cool. they wrote that if u shoot a rocket against a three it falls or start burining or both on same time :D well that scorp in UT2k6 really kicks ass but it looks very much like a minor version of the combine truck in HL2 but i like that :D well i got very much hope in UT2k6 and i hope that everybody will buy the game and have fun :D

gregori
5th May 2005, 03:38 PM
hopefully no lame gimmcky physics in Envy, maybe gorge will finally act like a one ton chunk of metal and be unstopable when running like a vehicle, can pancake people by double jumping on them, also have various weapons interact with each other like the shock combo.

For example you could use the link gun beam to trap ASMD plama ball and control them like a gravity gun.
The link gun could be then used to grow these plasma projectiles using primary fire making them more deadly.
In the traction of the link gun the can't be detonated immediatly by an enemies shock rifle but it you grow them too much with the link gun they'll explode in your own face!! so you would have to be clever and tactical with them.

make the biorifle create toxic clouds over a large area when they do their proxy thing not that UC2 sentient blobs buisness.

edhe
6th May 2005, 04:17 AM
:con:

Right.

Lauren
6th May 2005, 05:32 AM
Dude its not ut2k6 it will be 2k7.. And yeah the movies ARE NOT Leaked.

In the movies you see good psy's incl water psy's and awsome particles effects.

edhe
6th May 2005, 06:04 AM
It's not going to be UT2kanything. They've alluded to dropping that naming convention.

Lauren
6th May 2005, 06:19 AM
They posted this on 1up or its the new codename.

What's new for 2007? (Page 2 of 4)

We've already discussed why link-gun fodder like me will likely appreciate this the most, but aren't there a lot of people out there who really, really like the franchise the way it is?.........................

Lauren
6th May 2005, 07:07 AM
and about the dedicated physics processor.

maybe this is something intresting hehe
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050308/sftu104_1.html

edhe
6th May 2005, 07:56 AM
The codename is Envy - hence the forum name.

B
6th May 2005, 08:15 AM
They posted this on 1up or its the new codename.

Did it ever occur to you that they might mean the year 2007? And not the title of the next Unreal Tournament game....

JaFO
6th May 2005, 08:44 AM
I doubt we're going to see proper physics in Envy. It'll just be ragdolls and similar trivial stuff.

Destroyable environments offer far too many gameplay-related problems that no one has even begun to explore. It also adds to the amount of information that needs to be transmitted over the network, which adds to serverload and increases the chance of increased lag as the quality of the network between client & server will have a bigger impact.

Steelixx
6th May 2005, 08:53 AM
I hope u can c your body when u watch down wards. so it doesent feel like u are a flying weapon. it shall be exactly like u are in the body.

Lauren
6th May 2005, 09:10 AM
Hmmz that should be nice by girls :nag: you whill see a hole between the boobs hehe

Steelixx
6th May 2005, 09:12 AM
wouw didnt think about that :D best game ever lol :P

Lauren
6th May 2005, 09:15 AM
DAMN i cant wait for next ut i will play it now now and now i wanna play it haha.

oke we must all wait for the release :(

Steelixx
6th May 2005, 09:17 AM
I cant stand waiting :(

Kantham
6th May 2005, 11:21 AM
Meh , I am not exited anymore about waiting a video game to come out. I don't see why i would anyway. UT Games are the best series i played yet. And UT2004 will remain my favorite game for years still.

gregori
6th May 2005, 11:23 AM
proper physics would kind of suck if it is too realistic, that's called the world, i see that every day, using the physics to do crazy over the stuff that could only happen in the digital world would be better once it's a bit believable and it doesn't mess up the gameplay, that's hard to do though. They should give the characters proper mass though, gorge was a cool model but did appear to have any weight when he should have looked UNSTOPABLE!

Ignotium
6th May 2005, 12:12 PM
Dude its not ut2k6 it will be 2k7.. And yeah the movies ARE NOT Leaked.

In the movies you see good psy's incl water psy's and awsome particles effects.

IS NOT 2K7 EITHER
Tard

JaFO
6th May 2005, 12:19 PM
If Gorge had proper weight then he'd be a sitting duck and crash through floors ...

Kantham
6th May 2005, 12:22 PM
This thread go in a spamy way. Although eveyone should know that ENVY is the code name and the name they are currently using for the next ut.

gregori
6th May 2005, 12:29 PM
no sure he just has to appear to have exert weight, make noises when he crashes he could move a very high speed, just not look as if he is floating, that looks stupid

Ignotium
7th May 2005, 11:59 AM
Most games with Physics use them for eye candy, let's hope diferent for ENVY

Steelixx
7th May 2005, 03:07 PM
why?, i like eye candy.... it's so sweet :D

Olga
7th May 2005, 03:38 PM
If the tree burning/destroying feature was in then wouldn't they just make it simple and leave it to the clients to render the burning instead of sending the information about what exactly is happening to the tree? Instead it could just send the data that says "Uhh this tree is burning!"

Ignotium
7th May 2005, 05:20 PM
why?, i like eye candy.... it's so sweet :D

Don't get me wrong, i mean NOT ONLY for eye candy

Steelixx
8th May 2005, 01:34 AM
What do you mean with that?

Ignotium
8th May 2005, 11:28 AM
Weel, is pretty obvious
Most of the games use the Physics ONLY for eye candy, wich is cool of course, but this a next generation engine we have here, so i pretty much hope for some grounbreaking physics effects

For example if you play CS Source and you throw a grenade, it will blow up pretty much everything, and if the rest of that explosion hit a player, they will just bounce off and that SUCKS. They should do some damage, mutilation, etc...

If you shot a Redeemer everything would blow up, and you'll have to watch out for both, the explosion and the rest/trash

Those are just some of the things that i want to see in the engine

¬¬Out

NeoNite
8th May 2005, 11:54 AM
That would be ok for a single player game, but for multiplayer? And for an unreal game?

Maybe for one of those "realism" mods.

... I think it would end up becoming really irritating. It would probably rock when you're introduced to it, but after a while you'll .. most likely .. hate this feature. Almost constantly having shrapnel/residue inflicting damage on you.. hmm...

Steelixx
8th May 2005, 01:57 PM
I hope they put some kinda Ghoul physics effects in ENVY, that means the whole body is built up from inside if u played SoFII u know what i mean so if u shoot someone in the stommach all the stuff inside comes out. :)

Kantham
8th May 2005, 01:58 PM
I hope they put some kinda Ghoul physics effects in ENVY, that means the whole body is built up from inside if u played SoFII u know what i mean so if u shoot someone in the stommach all the stuff inside comes out. :)

:con:

No. Don't mix stupid Q3 engine game like SOFII with EnVY please god.

Steelixx
8th May 2005, 02:05 PM
In UT2k4 the dammage on bodys are unrealistic when u shoot on someones leg the arm goes of or something else but with ghoul if u shoot on arm the arm goes off or the foot and so on... Gives a lot of meaty feeling to shoot the guys leg off and then the other one.... well the game would be forbidden from 18+ then but it should be configurable how much violence it should contain.

gregori
8th May 2005, 02:07 PM
kantham should stop being an engine racist!!

Steelixx
8th May 2005, 02:08 PM
Yeah!

gregori
8th May 2005, 02:25 PM
yeah, i wanna see some new death scene that aren't slow motion ragdoll____ bones and skulls fling out corpses, the standing up death pulse gun thingy, charaters being burnt to black chars leaving only there armours fall with a clinking noise to the ground 'neath, various dismemberment, stuff being impaled instead of bouncing, when robots are electrocuted have their bodies go haywire on the ground, proper blood decals, maybe when use the shock combo above snowy ground, use virtuals displacements maps to create a indentation where the explosion melted the snow, that would rock!

Kantham
8th May 2005, 03:51 PM
I bought SOF II a long time ago , the game is terrible.

Nomaly , a grenade detonate after 5 sec , but if the AI pick it up , he won't explode , yeah , you got me , the grenade is throwed since 7 sec now and it blow after 8 sec, wow , this game suck. And like if it's not enought, he can throw the grenade you throwed him throught ANY walls. HAX.

Also , i already shot a guy in the stomac and the bullet apeared in the forehead of the guy. The movement are terrible , you shot at ppl and it's like shoting with a Link gun in UT2004 , a big delay before the bullets hit AI when you walk (even at 0/30 ping). Or they just can't hit them. I just teld myself it was the worst game i ever buyed. I bought the gold edition , WOOT , it only feature a couple of stupid maps and 3 guns that we almost don't use. The mp5 is the most powerfull weapon online , and it terribly hax with headshots. The random mission generator online is never used , And there is no co-operative mod against AI like they mentioned on the package. Extreme waste of money.

NeoNite
8th May 2005, 04:17 PM
So, you hate this one game in particular. And SOF][ is one of the many games which run on the Q3 engine, which imho doesn't suck one bit.

Kantham
8th May 2005, 05:58 PM
I don't like the Q3 engine , it need more detail , and geometry . The unreal engine is way better. I never ment i hate Quake 3 , because quake 3 was a very good game before , and i played quake before ut99 first.

Majik
8th May 2005, 06:46 PM
I bought SOF II a long time ago , the game is terrible.

Nomaly , a grenade detonate after 5 sec , but if the AI pick it up , he won't explode , yeah , you got me , the grenade is throwed since 7 sec now and it blow after 8 sec, wow , this game suck. And like if it's not enought, he can throw the grenade you throwed him throught ANY walls. HAX.

Also , i already shot a guy in the stomac and the bullet apeared in the forehead of the guy. The movement are terrible , you shot at ppl and it's like shoting with a Link gun in UT2004 , a big delay before the bullets hit AI when you walk (even at 0/30 ping). Or they just can't hit them. I just teld myself it was the worst game i ever buyed. I bought the gold edition , WOOT , it only feature a couple of stupid maps and 3 guns that we almost don't use. The mp5 is the most powerfull weapon online , and it terribly hax with headshots. The random mission generator online is never used , And there is no co-operative mod against AI like they mentioned on the package. Extreme waste of money.

Great, now what does that have to do with the idea of adding additional hitboxes to the playermodels?

Personally, I wouldn't mind being able to blow people's limbs off, but it should only occur when dealing the last blow. I'd hate to have my left leg blown off during a fight and I'd then have to jump around like a freaking pogo stick until someone put me out of my misery. :p

gregori
9th May 2005, 06:45 AM
quake 3 didn't need any more geometry or any nonsense like that, look what happened to levels of ut2k3 when they became overpopulated by obtrusive meshes which imho f#cked up the gameplay, and now look how epic are doing the maps for envy using basic geometric building block to build the level first before detail, so the gameplay is tip top,
that how they mostly had to do it ut99--there not one map from 2kx i could say was better than a map in ut99

Kantham
9th May 2005, 07:01 AM
And you call me engine racist?

Ut99 and 2k3/4 are completely different engine. I don't see what's your problem with stastic meshes. They are pretty fine and add details.

Zur
9th May 2005, 07:16 AM
Ut99 and 2k3/4 are completely different engine. I don't see what's your problem with stastic meshes. They are pretty fine and add details.

That may be true but they can be a pain in competitive play. I've often got caught up on static meshes. In insta that means fragged. The way players and these meshes interact should be reworked a little.

Zur
9th May 2005, 07:18 AM
hopefully no lame gimmcky physics in Envy, maybe gorge will finally act like a one ton chunk of metal and be unstopable when running like a vehicle, can pancake people by double jumping on them, also have various weapons interact with each other like the shock combo.

Gorge ? ... sounds like Mario :D .

http://www2.gol.com/users/coynerhm/mario.gif

NeoNite
9th May 2005, 09:21 AM
I don't like the Q3 engine , it need more detail , and geometry . The unreal engine is way better. I never ment i hate Quake 3 , because quake 3 was a very good game before , and i played quake before ut99 first.

Ok, that didn't make sense.. at all.
I think the first Q3 screenshots I've seen were released in january 1999.
That's been a while, hasn't it?
So, basically, the q3 engine is already dated. Still quite versatile.
Look at the amount of years the q3 engine was used/licensed for games.

F.E. Alice in 2001 already had more complex geometry than quake3 had. The engine did evolve quite a bit.

There's no way you can compare the q3 engine to the later(latest) versions of the unreal engine. That's a whole new ballgame, so to speak.

As far as detail, geometry.. I have to be honest, and admit q3 had more of this than ut had.

And yes, I've also played quake/3 before UT.
I ended up liking Quake3 over UT, than vice versa and finally .. finally I realised they were both excellent games, on excellent engines.

Imho.

It's true, that the unreal engine is more versatile/tweakable (?) than the Quake3 engine.

But, if you look at some of the custom levels for Quake3, you'd be surprised to see how much more detail they tend to have than the retail ones.
"Lonely planet", for example. Released in early 2000. Had a lot more detail than any retail level, iirc.

There's a lot more. Browse the levelord site, on pq to find more.

Edit: Oh ****, just realised the forum name has been changed to "unreal tournament 2007"... :con: ???

gregori
9th May 2005, 10:34 AM
exactly , any way unreal engine was initially designed to build an intricate singleplayer
world for unreal whereas the q3 engine was specifically for multiplayer maps that where simple and all about multiplayer gameplay you could get away with less details for this purpose

indeed that did sound like mario, not when i initially thought it up though, but it would be a kickass move to pull off in anyway!

rhirud
9th May 2005, 10:47 AM
A bit late in my reply - but if the movies I saw weren't leaked, why didn't they release a propper avi.

Or did they reckon the avi looked better filmed with a digital camera with a tinge of green, from the back of an auditorium; and that the backs of heads just added that little something to the ambience.

But perhaps it's all a cunning plan. Perhaps instead of a weapons bar, they can have sillouetes of heads that change slightly according to which weapons you pick up.

Bang Yr Head
9th May 2005, 11:18 AM
If I hit someone with a scorpion at high speed I want to see him cartwheeling through the air.

I want to see them actually collide with the vehicle. would be too cool to see guys rolling off your hood.

Dark Pulse
9th May 2005, 01:42 PM
I want to see them actually collide with the vehicle. would be too cool to see guys rolling off your hood.
That'd be pretty sweet. :)

Kantham
9th May 2005, 01:52 PM

Actualy , i guess they planed to do that for ut2004 but they gave up. If you search in the sound package of the game , you can find some sounds for that

Majik
9th May 2005, 02:02 PM
Would also be kinda cool if they left a bloodstain on the windscreen as they smash into it and instead of windscreen wipers to wipe it off, it would have an effect remniscent of the cool vizor effect in Star Wars: Republic Commando.

pine
9th May 2005, 02:16 PM
IS NOT 2K7 EITHER
Tard

owned.

Steelixx
9th May 2005, 02:48 PM
It is Ut2k7 now but how would u know :P

gregori
9th May 2005, 03:04 PM
hope it's not ut2k7 forever that would suck.. Envy means nothing and is still abetter title

Dandeloreon1984
9th May 2005, 03:11 PM
i just hope epic did a lot more to the player control and physics related to it... after all, i'd like to see them include some stuff to make it to where modders can change a lot more about each pawn... like having a specialized modifier volumes for each pawn/controller.

Kantham
9th May 2005, 04:03 PM
BeyondUnreal Forums > Unreal-Engine Games > Unreal Tournament 2007

^that's the confusion

Kriegs-Maschine
9th May 2005, 04:50 PM
Dunno if any of you have noticed, but in UT2004, there is exactly almost no physic at all, beside the wheels of the hellbender, there is totaly nothing else. Do you remember last time you shoot an object in the map and it would move randomly (not just in 1 scripted direction), I'm sure that no cause there aren't any.
The only thing that we can roughly call Physic in UT2004 is the "Ragdoll" which is when you die...

I think up to now, the only game which I saw some real physic, is Half-Life 2.

NeoNite
9th May 2005, 04:57 PM
Pineconeboy 0_° It's been a while!
How are you?

togmkn
9th May 2005, 10:33 PM
In terms of "vehicle to human contact," I'd sacrifice a ragdoll to see a gutblow.

Black_Seeds
10th May 2005, 02:17 AM
owned. SO badly

Xipher
10th May 2005, 03:39 PM
Dunno if any of you have noticed, but in UT2004, there is exactly almost no physic at all, beside the wheels of the hellbender, there is totaly nothing else. Do you remember last time you shoot an object in the map and it would move randomly (not just in 1 scripted direction), I'm sure that no cause there aren't any.
The only thing that we can roughly call Physic in UT2004 is the "Ragdoll" which is when you die...

The thing is very few people actually used Karma objects in UT2004, they were avalible, but I guess people thought they were to difficult to work with. Plus, to many physics intesive objects can cause problems when having to populate the change to every one in the area durring network play. That, and it has to be done server side, unlike ragdoll which is completely done client side, and can even be turned off.

pine
10th May 2005, 04:31 PM
Pineconeboy 0_° It's been a while!
How are you?

Good. Leaving for peace corps in Honduras in a couple weeks. This is my last gasp on computer for awhile, ehehe. :P

NeoNite
10th May 2005, 04:38 PM
So, I take it you've found your destiny ;O) ?

Well, I wish you the best of luck in life ^_^
I can't come up with anything else right now, but I'll get back to you.. if possible.
;O)

pine
10th May 2005, 11:03 PM
So, I take it you've found your destiny ;O) ?

Nah, I'm still working on that. Hopefully it involves a hot latina chick or peace corps earth bunny. ;)

Ghost3021
14th May 2005, 12:04 AM
can add ur avatar to my smileys stash?

elminsterchu
14th May 2005, 01:39 AM
will ut2k7 feature destructable environment?like you can use rockets to ruin a wall

dude2425
14th May 2005, 02:10 AM
Not a hundred percent sure, but I'm pretty sure it would be possible. If you watch the new video circulating around of GoW, you'd see some pant's ruining destruction when the big bad ass guy pops out.

Kriegs-Maschine
14th May 2005, 01:05 PM
I hope so, well at least the Tank in Onslaught will have destructable threats around it.

But im sure not everything will be destructable as it would modify the "gameplay" by changing the map... so don't expect much in DM, where I would mostly see those kind of destruction things... would be in Onslaught and Conquest. At least if shooting a rocket, flak ball or tank shell at the ground would make a good hole, it would be nice.

Steyr
16th May 2005, 03:06 PM
Yes indeed! :D

No gravity gun though. ;)
if there is no gravity gun in the original game, I'm gonna mod one in with my mad modelling skillz. That is, provided I learn to code. :P
I love physics. Everyone here needs to download the hl2 demo and mess around with the physics in the first level. The button to pick up things is e.

NeoNite
16th May 2005, 04:31 PM
If you watch the new video circulating around of GoW, you'd see some pant's ruining destruction when the big bad ass guy pops out.

Hehehe :D I've spend too much time in OT, I'm afraid.

Password
17th Sep 2005, 10:12 AM

Psi Ops: Mindgate Conspiracy had some damn good physics! The game almost revolved around the physics engine (havok).

I hope the next UT has ragdolls that can interact with other ragdolls. That would be fun to see :).

NeoNite
17th Sep 2005, 11:53 AM
Psi Ops: Mindgate Conspiracy had some damn good physics! The game almost revolved around the physics engine (havok).

I hope the next UT has ragdolls that can interact with other ragdolls. That would be fun to see :).

Oh, I sure as hell wouldn't mind a certain type of interracting :mwink:

Between female and female ragdolls that is!

fuegerstef
18th Sep 2005, 06:05 AM

I'd like to see less bandwidth used instead of an element irrelevant for gameplay like interacting ragdolls, no matter how network-optimzed the NovadeX PE might be...

Crowze
18th Sep 2005, 06:34 AM
That is actually a very interesting point. Would a server see significant CPU load decreases if it had a PPU on it? How about running multiple servers on one box?

I'm guessing, as JaFO said, it will be used primarily for non-gameplay-affecting aspects such as ragdoll deaths etc., which can be simulated clientside without the need for any extra network traffic.

Discord
18th Sep 2005, 06:58 AM
That is actually a very interesting point. Would a server see significant CPU load decreases if it had a PPU on it? How about running multiple servers on one box?

Yeah, that's what I want to know as well... or put another way, will you pretty much have to install a PPU in order to have a decent server this time out?

I'm guessing, as JaFO said, it will be used primarily for non-gameplay-affecting aspects such as ragdoll deaths etc., which can be simulated clientside without the need for any extra network traffic.

From what I've gotten from the rumor mill and reading Agaiea's hype- intensive site, Novodex is designed to take over gameplay- affecting elements like player collision and hit detection. Which would make sense, I guess, if you're really looking to lighten the load on the CPU.

How it all affects bandwidth usage I'm not sure.

Last I really heard about all this stuff was a couple of months ago. We had a big flamewar about it on INA :lol: and then no more was said of the matter. I'm still somewhat suspicious of the whole thing, but I guess we'll see what's what in about six months' time...

BmB23
24th Sep 2005, 07:04 AM
the Physics is the NovodeX engine wich supports PhysX hardware...

compared to the roughly 40-60 objects in a level using CPU... the PPU can take about 3-400.000 objects.

thats alot

Rambowjo
24th Sep 2005, 10:09 AM
I would like to see some sort of map/mod where you can dig trough walls, earth and make constructions of fragments from destroyed walls! Like booming up a wall, pick the rocks and stuff, pile them up, and then use them as a barracade! And the more heavy they are, the more powerfull weapons would they take, to be blown up/moved! Or maybe have a grap gun like in HL2! Would be cool to be able to blow some trees down, and then make a dam, blocking the water in a river! As far as I understanded from previous movies/texts and stuff, it looked like water was possible, like you can put into a cup! Am I right about that? Cause if that is true, then I am truely excited :D! It is gonna be so cool, with unlimitted possibelities of psychic interaction! Anyway, I will still be excited!

Psychichs ftw!

pine
30th Sep 2005, 03:21 PM
can add ur avatar to my smileys stash?

Sure, but I didn´t make it. I found it in a thread on this forum somewhere. Try searching for ¨wtfyay smiley¨ .

Oh, and it turns out Central America has lots of internet cafes. Huzzah. :)

Nosnos
1st Oct 2005, 07:51 AM
I'm all for physics as long as they arent in the way... I mean great players, weapons and vehicles physics are great, but I've personally never been a big fan of descructable terrain and things like that... sure it's fun in the beginning but in the long run I dont think it adds anything apart from another annoying random factor in the game...

->Sachiel<-
1st Oct 2005, 01:58 PM
I don't think phisics is a big lag problem, from what I've seen in HL2 and F.E.A.R, corpses and physics objects already interact with each other without killing your computer. There will be destructable terrain, but it will be restricted to a few maps and won't be too extreme (you can't make the map look like the surface of the moon if that's what you want.) Flying debris from explosions would be AWESOME, some of you say that it would get annoying, but it'll be just like dodging flak shards. Besides, wouldn't you like to see a bus get flung into the air and land on a Manta? That would be entertaining. As for LIQUID PHYSICS, if the Unreal Engine 3 is capable of liquid physics, THAT...would be amazing. Imagine the moddability of liquid physics, you can have paintball and super soakers, you can effect a map by blocking a stream, causing it to overflow and your enemies to drown.

If the physics would allow any of these features, we'll have a lot of OMFG, Holy Sh*t moments, kinda like the first time you play HL2 and decide to repetitively throw a crate at a Zombie only to find out that it gets fragmented per hit. Or the first time you killed a headcrab and decided to beat it with your crowbar, causing it to tumble down the street in a satisfying fashion.

Rambowjo
2nd Oct 2005, 04:38 AM
I love the thought of a limited water gun :D! Limited.. well, we don't want to fill a map with water :P

EL BOURIKO
2nd Oct 2005, 06:53 AM
...but I've personally never been a big fan of descructable terrain and things like that... sure it's fun in the beginning but in the long run I dont think it adds anything apart from another annoying random factor in the game...

that s a point of view, but I think that this "random" factor -as you consider it- could spice up the game. And you would never play exactly on the same map twice after 2 minutes.
I see some interesting perspectives in such physics. I mean if you can destroy or deform the terrain, or walls, or roofs or whatever, you can be sure that some players will of course damage objects and terrain randomly, but I am sure that some other players will deform the map in a way that fits to their own tactic (build up new short cuts, close some path, build up barricades, build up traps, and so on) and then it s not a random factor anymore.

Vault
2nd Oct 2005, 08:05 AM
yeah, as long as not everything is destructible.....i mean it is the future...and they are sure to have plently of metals that a rocket cant destroy

Steelixx
2nd Oct 2005, 08:20 AM
nano technology u know pressing the molekyles toghether very tight to make indestructable things and making stuff repair themselfes if they get destroyed like a robot wich arm gets blown off and it grows back... so why not

->Sachiel<-
15th Oct 2005, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by Kriegs-Maschine
Really? I remember the first time that I played Black and White I and decided to throw a rock at a house only to discover that only the part of the house that I hit flew off...THAT was amazing, and that game is OLD, really OLD, 1998-2000(I'm not sure) OLD.

Deformable terrain is cool, imagine looking at a map at the beginning of a match and then again after the match ends only to find a cratered, heavily scarred battlefield, THAT would be cool.

P.S. EPIC, make the Redeemer like a Nuke where the shadows of the players are burned onto the environment as they dissintegrate from the blast.

Vault
16th Oct 2005, 07:35 AM
now that sir.....would rock!