Clever Manta

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

chris+obell

Apr 24, 2005
Hiya, first time on the forums so hey all.

Havin a bit of trouble with my first vctf map. its all working pretty perfectly and almost done, except for the mantas which have taken to climbing vertical walls. (facing a wall and holding forward - can climb to the roof of the map).

wouldnt be so bad except the celing is a nice place to hide a flag carrier.

any help would be really really appreciated, thanks.

chris+obell

Apr 24, 2005
i did think about that but it doesnt really solve the problem if the manta jumps above the blocking volume or lip, still climbs.

A map where its been solved is VCTF-ActionCity. ive looked but i cant seem to find out how. when a manta encounters a wall in this map, it stops dead. The nose dips a little which might be a clue, also the manta seems to get closer to the wall before colliding than usual.

have a feeling its something to do with editing manta properties but havent spotted it yet.

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
I forget how to do this, but you could create a volume right next to that wall that has a negative z axis force. What this would do is allow your manta to fly around like normal but when it encounters that wall and enters the volume it gets pushed downward thus preventing it from jumping high enough to get atop the building.

I believe a normal volume or physics volume has these properties available somewhere. Might be in volume forces or something like that. You'll need to do some digging, but a volume could do this fine for you as long as you have it tight to the wall and tall and wide enough so that the manta has no chance of jumping over this volume too.

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
Dragon_Myr is right... with this volume you can have it go in and force the manta back down... i think that triple the Z down would work perfectly... although no one will be able to jump in that volume also. :|

chris+obell

Apr 24, 2005
btw, teh bumpage of an uber old post but i figured it out. if you dont build all and just build everything separately the map works fine and the prob goes away. :D