Loss of Power

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
We lost electricity in a huge storm last night. So the natural reaction, my two roommates and I, we got out the huge sombreros (from a crazy hat store in memphis) and I made Quesadillas and we drank some beers and had swordfights with some modified pool noodles. We were wearing headlamps from my climbing days so we could see okay.

The power came back on about an hour and half later, and I really would have preferred that it didn't. You ever just wish the power would stay out, maybe forever? I had a really ****ty day, injured myself pretty bad in the gym, and this was a welcome reprieve. Seems like it shouldn't take a power outage for people to act like that. Why do we always need excuses?

Dec 21, 2001
monotony
Visit site
Sounds like you had a lot of fun! Who doesnt love reliving there childhood just a little bit like that. I remember A few years back we had a pretty decent storm and my friends and I went out in my back yard and had a squirt gun fight even though we were already soaked from the storm it was the most fun I had...had in a really long time.

Nachimir

Crony of Stilgar
Aug 13, 2001
Shelf Adventure.
Chrysaor said:
Why do we always need excuses?

We shouldn't, but we're scared of departing from the closed down, stuck up image of adulthood society gives us?

I find few things at work are better than a beer mat fight. If you tune them right you can really make them fly.

Last edited:

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
Squirt gun fight in the rain = Brilliant.

Aren't those the kinda times that are so much more memorable too? There was this loud asshat in one of my classes in high school. Everytime the teacher would yell at the kid, he would just say he was trying to entertain himself, keep things interesting. Why's that a crime? I've been living life to break stereotypes and do what people DON'T expect for a long time. It's pretty liberating. It's no answer, but it feels damn good sometimes.

I've always really wanted to have a foodfight. Anyone had an honest to goodness foodfight?

ArcadiaVincennes

Level Designer
May 20, 2004
Joisee
www.avld.org
I recall the great ice storm of 1997/1998 in the Northeast. I was in college and it rained Ice for 3 days. Craziness. The part of the college I lived on was on the hospital grid. So while parts of town were out for a week we had it easy and only had a 6 hour power outage. That six hours was spent going to the store and getting wine and some comestibles, going back to the dorm room and me and about 6 firends spent the next six hours chatting, playing cards, being silly, and a snowball fight. In the ice. And drunk. Hehe, throw the ball hard enough and you fall over backwards due to lack of ground friction. And alcoholic friction. Lol.

Thanks for making me remember this and thanks for indulging my reminiscences.

And no - never had an honest to goodness foodfight where I could eat off myself afterwards.

SpiritWalker

Tattooed Beat Messiah / Prime Mover
Feb 20, 2002
NC
webpages.charter.net
Back when Hugo came through Charlotte I was without power for 3 weeks. First 2 days were hell. After that, I got to love the quite, and cooking my breakfast on a grill

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
My life is noisy, my head is too. I always like the quiet. 3 weeks is quite awhile. I can't imagine the world would end if people lost somethings like that.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
I've spent almost all my holidays without power.
Why is it that you people need a power cut to do all these things? It's not like you can't decide for yourself to keep the tv off for a night or do strange but funny things.

Last edited:

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
did you injure yourself at the gym while vulgarly displaying power? ;) but seriously, how did ya get hurt?

one thing i realized is that you never need an excuse to be happy or to have fun. at work i basically stay on task and keep it buttoned down, which is okay cuz i like work, but outside of work im free to be me and its neat finding out what "me" is and becomes every day of the year :) except when i got in a tiff with a waitress at the pizza joint this w/e. she was gonna get a hefty tip, but instead, cuz of her attitude, got JACK SQUAT, which is what i wrote on the credit card slip tip line ;)

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
LOL @JACK SQUAT Stupid bitch.

I just think it's "wrong" that we can't be me all the time.

It's some small muscle or tendon on the inside of my arm. It gets strained when I push too much on a chest or shoulder workout. It used to just get sore once every few months, but I got it REALLY good last week and it hurts like a mother****ing sonovabitch right now if I even touch it wrong. I'm a skinny guy, but I got all these veins popping out my muscles so I look like a hardass. So yeah, it was during one of those vulgar/stupid displays of power. :/ Retardedness is rewarded with pain!

Stilgar

Ninja
Dec 20, 1999
Toitle
Visit site
Chrysaor said:
LOL @JACK SQUAT Stupid bitch.

I just think it's "wrong" that we can't be me all the time.

It's some small muscle or tendon on the inside of my arm. It gets strained when I push too much on a chest or shoulder workout. It used to just get sore once every few months, but I got it REALLY good last week and it hurts like a mother****ing sonovabitch right now if I even touch it wrong. I'm a skinny guy, but I got all these veins popping out my muscles so I look like a hardass. So yeah, it was during one of those vulgar/stupid displays of power. :/ Retardedness is rewarded with pain!

When I was a gym regular I used to call the power lifters "grunters"

Like... phowar, look at that dirty grunta@

"HUNNGHHAAARRRRGH!"

"HUNNGHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGH!"

"Pseeeeeh"

Wow, he did two reps!

Last edited:

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
there is no higher form of comedy than hearing a weightlifter grunt and/or make various squealing/wtf-wuz-that sounds and then when he comes back up from the squat or whatever, face beet-red, he's popped a zit in his forehead from straining so hard, and the blood is streaming down his face. true story :D

oosyxxx

teh3vilspa7ula
Jan 4, 2000
for him :) he was not one of my faves, so although i couldnt enjoy it with some extra loud lolage since he would see me in the mirror, i had to hold it in, and then periodically tell this story, be it in person or some place like here, smiling all the while. when i get some time i think im gonna write a story about that guy.