PDA

View Full Version : Classic characters

Unreality
20th Apr 2005, 10:05 AM
i was thinking if UT Envy should include the characters that made UT UT! like Xan Malcolm Gorge and others to re-appear in UT envy anybody like this idea ? because i yust cant miss Xan running around :blueflag:

Tournament0
20th Apr 2005, 10:28 AM
I would like most of the characters from previous Unreal games, but not all of them.

The_Head
20th Apr 2005, 02:07 PM
Bring back all the version of XAN!

And bring back how Malcolm used to look like plz....

T2A`
20th Apr 2005, 02:32 PM
The need to keep the Skaarj, which I don't think they're doing, and get rid of those damn Egyptian retards. They definitely need to keep Gorge.

Renegade Retard
20th Apr 2005, 02:54 PM
Gorge is in the game, but only in a retail-included mod. The mod is UT Pinball.

Gorge plays the part of the ball.

Black_Seeds
20th Apr 2005, 03:43 PM
I dont really care so much whether the Egyptians are put in, they are kinda part of the Unreal Series now.

What annoys me is that of the 3 characters i play as (Mr Crow. Skaarj Warlord. Gorge)
only Gorge is going to be playable :(

DeeperShade
20th Apr 2005, 04:43 PM
i was thinking if UT Envy should include the characters that made UT UT! like Xan Malcolm Gorge and others to re-appear in UT envy anybody like this idea ? because i yust cant miss Xan running around :blueflag:

Oooo And while they're at it, why don't they take away the vehicles, new weapons, new maps, and just... well, just rereleased UT99 and call it Envy!

Or maybe, we could actually go for some NEW content here and ditch the old.

NeoNite
20th Apr 2005, 04:54 PM
What's that good for? All he's asking for is a reapparence/comeback of his favourite characters...
Drama, drama ...

Anyway, thread topic:

Hey, bring back Loque while we're at it ^_-

{RA}SKYFURNACE
20th Apr 2005, 05:09 PM
Did you read this thread?

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=156671&page=1

it has the team info. Most of those teams are from UT & UT2K4. Only 2 new teams, the Krall, and JaKobs team.

Brock and Lauren are Necris now. :)

Kantham
20th Apr 2005, 05:38 PM
Oooo And while they're at it, why don't they take away the vehicles, new weapons, new maps, and just... well, just rereleased UT99 and call it Envy!

Yea! why not! This game as ben classified Game of the year! , Why don't put it twice?

Actualy , you can forget for the razor jack (in case you mention it too), go download chaos ut to get it

Now i guess i have seen enought thread of Nosnos's style.

BooGiTyBoY
20th Apr 2005, 10:14 PM
If Gorge isn't in it I'm not buying it. ;)

UnrealGrrl
21st Apr 2005, 12:20 AM
unreality indeed, gorge was not in ut ;)

hal
21st Apr 2005, 12:41 AM
Unreality... now there's a name I haven't heard in a while.

Kantham
21st Apr 2005, 12:48 AM
Must be Unr3ality then.

fresh&minty
21st Apr 2005, 12:58 AM
**** classic characters.

They just need team skins, with large amounts of team indication. Not some skins that are all red, and some that are semi red.

Do that, and then make them look bad ass.

Black_Seeds
21st Apr 2005, 02:17 AM
If Gorge isn't in it I'm not buying it. ;)

Juggernauts are in, so theres a pretty good chance Gorge is there.

The_Head
21st Apr 2005, 09:15 AM
hmmm not a fan of Gorge. lol
So long as I can be a Necris I'm happy

NeoNite
21st Apr 2005, 10:42 AM
Unreality... now there's a name I haven't heard in a while.

Wild guess... dm-unreality?

BooGiTyBoY
21st Apr 2005, 12:53 PM
No Unreality.com :) Or was it .org.. can't remember which is sad being I had a site hosted by them hahaha.

Majik
21st Apr 2005, 01:25 PM
It was .org/.dk, they're called Fappin now.

BooGiTyBoY
21st Apr 2005, 01:30 PM
Well that's a fitting name as the people who ran the site were a bunch of tools :)

NeoNite
21st Apr 2005, 04:20 PM
Pff it's possible I've visited that site...

I've seen so many sites..

"Headshot" rings a bell for any of you?

vickissv3
24th Apr 2005, 12:51 AM
it will most likely have classic characters 1. because malcolm is the flagship character and 2. because the classic characters are in UC2 which takes place about 10 years after Envy. Also apparently brock and lauren aren't dead yet , so they aren't gonna be necris

-AEnubis-
24th Apr 2005, 02:40 AM
I want Kurgan back.

I tell you what though, some of the gayest irony ever... I liked the idea of the Egyptian characters, and none of them in this game really spoke to me. Then they put out one that I like (UC2), and guess what they name it...

Only problem is, if he is in the next PC title, I fear he will be too popular. If, though, he isn't, I think I already know what model I will be playing as, cleché or not...

aeqos38/5
24th Apr 2005, 03:08 AM
'sfunny. I don't know you, Ænubis, and I already hate you. It's the preaching on "spam", the overinflated ego - "Taste my PERFECTION", or the fact that you use my æ. And one more thing. How this all reminds me of myself. :lol:

Do not take this as an insult.

-AEnubis-
24th Apr 2005, 03:13 AM
I remind a Canadian of himself? How can I not take that as an insult?

:lol: ;)

Bot_40
24th Apr 2005, 06:08 AM
I want to be able to play as a nali again :hmm:
atm I am having to use the veloceraptor model cuz it owns

Olga
24th Apr 2005, 06:13 AM
Give us Olga back you BASTARDS.

NeoNite
24th Apr 2005, 08:53 AM
I wouldn't mind playing as a nali which has skaarjlike abilities.
Including the blades and those irritating projcectiles... ;O)

Olga
24th Apr 2005, 08:58 AM
Nalis can teleport by meditating for a bit. :)

NeoNite
24th Apr 2005, 09:09 AM
Nalis can teleport by meditating for a bit. :)

Yeah, but...

1) They can't telefrag you...

2) By the time they're actually starting to fade away, most of them have already fallen prey to their attacker ^_^

So, what we want is a telefraggin, bad-ass nali with superhuge claws etc...

NaliP1mP..

Something like that.

Dark Pulse
24th Apr 2005, 02:32 PM
lol, NaliPimp. That's a good one.

"Qu'Padah, Mutha****a!"

ChampionHyena
28th Apr 2005, 10:55 PM
Omission of Xan the Kriegor will result in a plague of locusts o'er the land.

Let it be written so in the indestructible stone tablets of time itself.

Gnam
29th Apr 2005, 10:07 AM
There were a handfull of distinctive characters from UT99 I want to see come back. Besides the ones we know will come back anyway (Malcom, Brock, Lauren, hopefully all humans), I hope Kragoth and Cryss are the main necris again (Brock and Lauren as necris was an oxymoron), and I also want to see Arkon (the shirtless old Rawsteel guy) Blake (the male commando), Anna (the female commando) and Jayce (female Merc). I have to agree tha Olga is pretty cool too. I am disapointed to hear Harlin is returning, because he was always the dorkiest Iron Gaurd guy. I don't remember Johnson or Rylissa.

The skaarj need to come back, they are trademarks of Unreal. I wouldn't mind seeing a hybrid or two either

As far as UT2003 characters, obviously the Juggernauts were the most distinctive, out of that crowd, so they're coming back anyway. The nightmare guys are gone, and even though they were kinda cool, I'm not sure they really fit Unreal anyway...they were more like Quake characters. The Gen Mokai just felt like stand-ins for the skaarj anyway, so I'm not too to see them go. The mercs were not terribly memorable either, though I kinda liked Wraith, Saphire (the UC1 version), and those twin guys. The robots from UT2003 were not terribly memorable either, and Epic will always have more robot designs to pull out of the ass anyway. Plus, the Xan robots were cooler.

NeoNite
30th Apr 2005, 06:41 AM
Visse/Nikita and Grail/Loque are the main necris :D !

-AEnubis-
30th Apr 2005, 02:21 PM
How many of you even remember Kurgan?

Discord
30th Apr 2005, 03:15 PM

Name sounds familiar... :lol:

And as long as we're playing "stump the forum," how familiar does this guy look?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/[Apoc]Discord/ramirez.jpg

His name's Ramirez, and he ended up being my skin of choice because you didn't really see a lot of him. :)

And as long as we're on the subject, does anybody else prefer the UT99 system of picking a body class and then playing mix-n-match with the face? To me that just seems tidier than the current system of scrolling through a godzillion thumbnails... plus it has the potential to offer better variety, I feel.

carmatic
30th Apr 2005, 07:56 PM
i think that ut2k4 has a dumbed down version of the mix-n-match thing,its not just the face but the entire head i think, like the twins, frostbite and gorge, harlequin and mr crow,diva and memphis, etc etc... less freedom for the players, more freedom for the artist but its so much work that they dont come up with many different versions anyway...

-AEnubis-
30th Apr 2005, 10:34 PM
That is a bit different. Each model basically has two skins.

With the new model detail, I'd imagine, it'd be kina weird repeating a body type over 4-6 faces, especially with the way they change body types with each model. Like the difference between Cannonball, and Gorge, even though they are both jugs, they have different armor.

I think the way it is now is fine, might be cool to do 3 skins per model. What would be even better is 4 TDM optable, and in DM, having up to 4 colored skins, and the colorless skin of each to choose from.

In UT, it wasn't just about Arkon for me, it was about Green Arkon. Green Kurgan as well in Unreal. Something about entering this kind of "battle" with no shirt, or chest protection... Intimidation...

shadow_dragon
30th Apr 2005, 10:36 PM
i think that ut2k4 has a dumbed down version of the mix-n-match thing,its not just the face but the entire head i think, like the twins, frostbite and gorge, harlequin and mr crow,diva and memphis, etc etc... less freedom for the players, more freedom for the artist but its so much work that they dont come up with many different versions anyway...

I disagree it's less freedom for both the players and the artist. Many times i make a skin i make more than one face for it and end up having to make more than one "Characters" which is a chore,e specially if the only difference is whether they're masked or not. (Romulus/Remus for example)

I prefered the old system and would point it out often that it was superior to the quake 3 system but.... well seems quake won out.

gades
1st May 2005, 12:11 AM
I'd like to see a punk style dude with spiky hair, kinda like what you might see in an anime.

This is a futuristic sport, so he wouldn't be out of place either.
:cool:

NeoNite
1st May 2005, 11:05 AM

BotNames[0]=Dante
BotNames[1]=Ash
BotNames[2]=Rhiannon
BotNames[3]=Kurgan
BotNames[4]=Sonja
BotNames[5]=Avatar
BotNames[6]=Dominator
BotNames[7]=Cholerae
BotNames[8]=Apocalypse
BotNames[9]=Bane
BotNames[10]=Hippolyta
BotNames[11]=Eradicator
BotNames[12]=Nikita
BotNames[13]=Arcturus
BotNames[14]=Shiva
BotNames[15]=Vindicator

They sound very familiar ;O)

Drace isn't listed, but it's a female skin (the white one..)

Majik
1st May 2005, 12:05 PM

Heh, I do. He was my skin way back then.

FireCrack
3rd May 2005, 01:20 AM
I can somehow assure you that despite the abscenece of all other nightmare characters Mr Crow will be there, he will be in UT 2054

carmatic
3rd May 2005, 04:28 PM
mmmMMMIIISSTTEERR CCRRROOOOWWWW!!!!!!

gades
3rd May 2005, 07:59 PM
My clanmate WaKKo will probably go on a homicidal killing spree if Mr. Crow is dumped from envy.
:cool:

Olga
3rd May 2005, 10:49 PM
Mr Crow seemed more necris than anything. In fact I think it'd be nice if Mr Crow and Domina were just Necris.

carmatic
4th May 2005, 01:27 PM
i wonder what do the 'nightmare' people think of the necris... the nightmare was just supposed to be a twisted bunch of failed experiments, or they are clowns, or they are contract killers...

Majik
4th May 2005, 01:40 PM
Afaik they were Liandri's failed attemt at making an 'undead' race like the necris.

Dark Pulse
5th May 2005, 08:32 AM
Afaik they were Liandri's failed attemt at making an 'undead' race like the necris.
Sounds logical.

NeoNite
5th May 2005, 12:40 PM
Makes you wonder, but that drace chick from Unreal... remember her?
White face, white hair, blue spots on her face iirc.

Maybe an early "necris" version?
Maybe ;O)

Nice skin, though.

gregori
6th May 2005, 10:10 AM
bring back the mercs, tha all female venom team, the necris, iron guard.
the juggernauts really replaced raw steel,
leave out Xan and have a new boss/race of evil thingy
the liandri thingy is a bit stretched now.

NeoNite
6th May 2005, 12:27 PM
I never really liked the outfit of that third girl... (isn't she one of the blood reavers...)

UT had lots of matrix elements, btw...I mean, f.e. just look at the second girl's outfit.

gregori
6th May 2005, 12:35 PM
yeah ut2kx looks strangely less futuristic than the original,some sci fi, matrixy space themed stuff would keep the visuals varied as in the first, ut2kx is all burnt down factories nothing cool like DM fractal or dm liandri, game needs girls in catsuits,
though prism was a cool character.

Majik
6th May 2005, 12:54 PM
You can't leave out Xan, he's an integral part in the UT storyline.

NeoNite
6th May 2005, 01:02 PM
Unfortunately, that's true. Although he really is nothing more than a walking junkyard.

:D

-AEnubis-
6th May 2005, 01:45 PM
Juggernauts replaced raw steel? They were "Gene-boosted", and they still needed their big heavy armor getups? Or is it that they were big and strong enough, they could wear armor, and not have their movement hindered? In either which way, raw steel didnt wear but pants, and sholder pads. Hell, the shoulder pads were only even there because they shared a model with others that wore them.

Arkon would eat Gorge for lunch.

Xan had all the great lines though. I dug his OG model. It was also really cool when you had to unlock him, and no one yet knew how to "hack him out".

They should hyper incript that next time.

gregori
6th May 2005, 04:00 PM
no Xan, a new boss that would be f#cking boring, i've beat Xan into many unreal games before,surely they can think up some other beast of a character, Xan? what makes him so integral to the story line, he just a robot whos on and off champion of the tournament,
Arkon is just that a reskinned version of an other model, not too interesting,
Anyway at least dont make it a human boss, malcom sucked as a boss in 2k3.
Betcha they make a necris character the boss with all the necris vehicles and all

Olga
6th May 2005, 04:06 PM
Xan is rumored to be the boss of Liandri, that's why. Also we do require the Cyborg Corrupt as they are plain awesome.

Majik
6th May 2005, 04:24 PM
no Xan, a new boss that would be f#cking boring, i've beat Xan into many unreal games before,surely they can think up some other beast of a character, Xan? what makes him so integral to the story line, he just a robot whos on and off champion of the tournament,
Arkon is just that a reskinned version of an other model, not too interesting,
Anyway at least dont make it a human boss, malcom sucked as a boss in 2k3.
Betcha they make a necris character the boss with all the necris vehicles and all

Eh, former champions in the UT series has basically been half the storyline so far, but anyway if he's included, which he undoubtedly will be, he doesn't necessarily have to be THE boss. A necris boss/champion is a good bet though.

gregori
6th May 2005, 04:25 PM
Kill off liandri company, cause it too crash, taken over by it's rival corporation or the necris tactical nuke bombing brings the company to it's knees or some lark like that,
though i liked the corrupt in 2k4 but I also want to see some new sh#t, maybe they could do izanagi correctly not like that **** in U2, proper cyber-samurai soldiers who speak in japanese accompanied by some stealthy looking ninja, give them energy weapons, make the shogun their boss, a demon spirit captured inside a machine or maybe bring in the genghis khan character from original UT and have group of futuristic eastern barbarian like dudes, he finally takes over the eastern expanse=crisis
they never developed that character originally or bring in jyhan nyhn as a character

gregori
6th May 2005, 04:37 PM
yeah i suppose but there a whole history in the unreal universe we don't see if always focused on Xan liandri, mysteries and the like,
althought with the new beefed up graphics makes you wonder what the next xan will look like, may be the could experiment with his look give him a different machine to exist in,
that the other thing you don't know if their someone in that battlesuit,who is it? or if xan some type of AI program that became sentient and can travel from system to system, what this xan charater all about? if they include at least further the storyline

carmatic
6th May 2005, 05:17 PM
yes, use technology to advance the storyline...
umm anyway,
Eh, former champions in the UT series has basically been half the storyline so far, but anyway if he's included, which he undoubtedly will be, he doesn't necessarily have to be THE boss. A necris boss/champion is a good bet though.
what about if the boss is some top secret ultimate character that epic doesnt even leak out , as in epic officially denies his existence until the first person actually finishes the single player game and proves that the character exists and posts screenshots etc etc, then suddenly the official website of the game will change and pretend the whole incident never happened...

i'd imagine something about encrypting that character, as in something in the source of game that pieces together a 'key' that will decrypt the character, from things in maps and stuff ... make it so that its guaranteed to be faster to finish the game, than to hack into the game to recover the character...

NeoNite
7th May 2005, 10:24 AM
Make it a skaarjboss. A warlord ;O)

And let's add the classic music as wel,when you're about to face himl. Remember that tune?

Thanatos
29th Nov 2005, 05:21 AM
Look at my first and Second skins that I'm working on its Dante and Kurgan from unreal 1 please ignore how bad they are they are my first attempt at skining:
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=166052&page=3

N1ghtmare
29th Nov 2005, 03:09 PM
I think they should keep some of the 'main' characters in the series, add in a few from ut99 that were popular, and give the new characters a more ut99/matrix-style look.

I do beleive though that Xan is not the head of liandri. On the Unreal Tournament website, in the 'Unreal Timeline' it says that Xan was the leader of the Liandri Robot uprising, was captured, put in a stasis matrix, and then after multiple attemps reprogrammed him for 'corporate' uses.

Rk.
30th Nov 2005, 07:48 AM
I want the boss-models back:/

edhe
30th Nov 2005, 08:46 AM
Original UT characters just seemed so much cooler than the menagerie they had in 2kx.

It was improved in 2k4, but still didn't catch that classic 'hardcore killer team vs hardcore killer team' feel.

NeoNite
30th Nov 2005, 10:06 AM
Metal guard, female commando's (marines and aphex) .. necris (but I'm not that fond of them anymore..)...

Nah I'm not saying I want these back but they stood out.

Dark reavers, female ones, outfits look silly though.
(athena, kira, illana)

edhe
30th Nov 2005, 10:30 AM
Plus original Boss, that was an elite outfit, bloody sleek compared to 2k4's boss (which was xan mk2 style from the bonus packs)

NeoNite
30th Nov 2005, 10:32 AM
The helmet looks odd, though. It's as if it was designed to carry him away, or hang him in the 'used xan outfits' closet...

Exigo
11th Dec 2005, 06:34 AM
I want Selket from UC2 in Ut2k7, if not I'm not going to buy.

K.N.I.F.E
11th Dec 2005, 07:37 AM
All I want is more than 2 Necris and keeping Kragoth and Thannis cuz they are already cool.

Neophoenix
23rd Dec 2005, 02:23 PM
I don't mind if they bring the old characters back, its kind of like a signiture thing. However, If they have the character unlock for single player, they should have all new players to unlock. I get tired of the "boss" enemies being the same with every new UT sequal. Every time, its either Xan Malcom, or some Skarrj variant. :(

KoshiJoshi
23rd Dec 2005, 02:46 PM
The need to keep the Skaarj, which I don't think they're doing, and get rid of those damn Egyptian retards.

I agree, i am really pissed that there will be no skarrj, but still... its not like no one will model some.

I reckon a revamped version of Xan Mk1 from UT is probably the best Xan around, i'm kinda repulsed by the Xan in ut2004, he's too chunky and he runs odd:eek:

innociv
23rd Dec 2005, 04:20 PM
MUST HAVE NALI.

Vault
23rd Dec 2005, 06:57 PM
i always used Xan Mark III in UT GOTY

innociv
25th Dec 2005, 02:01 PM
In DM i'd always use the xan without any color so it had that plain unpainted metal with those neat eyes.
It looked like something from old comic books and was so hardcore.
I used nali alot to because it seemed to be hard to judge where it'd land compared to others and couldn' tell between dodge and jump.

Neophoenix
26th Dec 2005, 12:13 PM
Speaking of the unpainted Xan, has anyone taken a close look at Axon? If you look at his eyes you can make out the faint white of human eyes. :p

innociv
27th Dec 2005, 10:54 AM
I don't recall who axon is..

NeoNite
27th Dec 2005, 11:02 AM
I used to play, a lot, as a necris. Then I got fed up with it, and used lots of custom models (They're made for a purpose). Bug, which is great. Jar gual, a modern werewolf etc...
Now it's the nalicow with bill cosby voice. Great combo. Love it.

UT2007 will probably stick to the standard typical biped models, what can you do.
Edit: I wasn't thinking about the teams which will most likely be part of the game. 8 races iirc.
Ah well, I hope they consider including a special class player model..

innociv
27th Dec 2005, 11:27 AM
nali warcow and nali where both bipeds.

NeoNite
27th Dec 2005, 11:41 AM
Yeah, but at least the nalicow isn't so standard. Neither is the Bug I like to use, it actually flies around the level.

There's also a silver surfer model for UT. Sure, bi-ped, but you see him skating on his intergalactic surfboard all the time. The taunt animations are also terrific. He likes to perform saltos on his board, very cool.

I wouldn't mind seeing some insane models. Out of this world. Non standard, creative.
Weird.

Or maybe something along the lines of the eight legged freak models.
Or the smiley.

There's also a centaur model for UT.

This one was also quite original:

Ultramonkey
http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/info/quake3/ultramonkey/Monkey-01.jpg

Rk.
27th Dec 2005, 11:47 AM
I love that monkey<3

Neophoenix
27th Dec 2005, 11:58 AM
I always liked the Miko fox models and all the cat models for UT2004. They are the most unique and fun models out there for 2004, IMO.

I concur; UT2007 needs a fun playful model to ship with the game. It's not that hard to create such a model that is standard size either, as the community modelers continue to prove to us. All Epic needs is some fun, original modelers that know how to think outside the box.

Rk.
27th Dec 2005, 06:01 PM
In UT2k4, nothing owns Magdalena and Effigy.