pariah help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cole_bie

^^^SHOW ME THE PINK^^^
Jun 29, 2004
Now it says "program too big to fit in memory" but I have enough hard disk space.

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
If when you run a program you get a Command Line window with the error "Program too big to fit in memory", it's usually an indication that the program is corrupt. Try downloading it again.

Justin Thyme

Business Philosopher
Mar 29, 2005
tremor.quakedev.com
Hero is probably right, but you also want to make sure you don't have any other apps open when you're trying to install it. That includes things like Steam in the system tray!

cole_bie

^^^SHOW ME THE PINK^^^
Jun 29, 2004
Aaaaaaaaah, not only will it not let me open it but I cant delete. How can I delete it. I click delete and nothing happens.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Well, you could try wiping it from the Master File Table by hacking Windows and then manually lasering 0s and 1s into your harddrive with a magnifying glass and some sunlight to actually get rid of it...

Ahem... Have you restarted your computer since you downloaded the file? Also, see if selecting the file and hitting shift-Delete to bypass the recycling bin works. I've had a random deletion problem before that was cured by restarting. Then again, I've also had a file insist it was being used by another program for about two weeks when it WAS the program that used it and it was not running, so I couldn't delete it. Then one day it finally let me delete it for some random reason beyond any logic and comprehension. Pretty random, but that's Windows for you.

Maybe you accidently downloaded a 300 MB virus.

cole_bie

^^^SHOW ME THE PINK^^^
Jun 29, 2004
It says I cant delete it because it is being used by another program, but I cant find any other programs or processes that is using it.

Mad Max RW

Road Warrior
Nov 13, 2003
www.duckandcover.net
Restart in safe mode. Then go to Run and type cmd or command to launch dos. Find the file and manually delete it. I had this problem with another program recently and that did the trick.

DOS is still infinitely better than Windows. Learn how to use it.

skwij

Jul 11, 2005
dont you just hate it

i have installed the game, the only problem is that every time i run it, it comes up with cd/dvd emulation program detected, now i have no idea what the hell that is so i cant stop it, any hints peoples.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
If you have Alcohol 120% this would happen. I think the only program that doesn't get detected is CloneCD, but any other program like Alcohol and Daemon Tools would probably net you this error.