PIMP MY CHAR: Today Team Snake Eyes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Hi guys!

The last months I've been too busy for making stuff for UT, but now I can go on with my projects.

The UT-Logo Theme for Nokia 6600 Handies is already done and will be posted here in the forum tomorrow.

The second thing (and the cause of this thread) is the update of my Snake Eyes SkinPack. There is an unreleased update for the cybernetic male (Sentinel), which will also be improved and then included.

In the feedback I got some new ideas for improvements, here are the facts:

Will definitaly be made:

# There will be more diffrences (smaller and bigger) between the suits of the chars.

# Sentinel gets a whole new suit for best fitting into the team.

# Some faces will be revised (as good as possible *g*)

# A Team-Logo will be placed on the suits

# The thigh pads of the male chars will be on the right position

# With Alpha-Channels some things will be "removed" (eg the pipes on Sentinel)

# ServerPackage-Entries will be made by installing the ut4mod-file

will possibly be made:

+ I will also try to add some shading (on armor) and animation effects (for cybernetics). Let's see if I can manage that, if so, what file-size that pack will have. Presently the thing is splitted in 2 parts, but maybe it would be better for downloading making more parts of that, we'll see. What's your point of view?

+ I remember a discussion about making "light packs" (only 2 team colors, to save people not playing CTF4 some downloading time) and the CTF4-Packs. Would that make sense for you?

+ I'll also try to figure out, if the standart models can be edited. If so, I'd like to include other versions of them (eg cybernetic male without pipes), to avoid that the parts "hidden" via alpha channels are shown again (eg by getting hit when wearing shield). If anyone already knows, the help is surely appreciated :)

If anyone has another ideas, comments or hints, please let me know.

I'll post some pics downwards ;)

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Cobra

Here 2 Shots of Cobra. Pads are now fixed, Logo on suit, some minor design changes and new breast armor. Face will be revised later.

Attachments

• cobra1.jpg
    cobra1.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 113
  • cobra2.jpg
    cobra2.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 95

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Havoc

Also new logo on suit, breast armor, and few other changes.

Attachments

• havoc1.jpg
    havoc1.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 97

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
thx ;)

for sure it will be done as soon as possible *g* the revision of the chars shouldn`t be the prob, let`s see if I can do shaders and specularity masks, that would make look the guys cooler *g*

Kid InFeRnO

Censored By Madd
Dec 25, 2004
Between Four Walls
There arnt enough black ppl in UT lol theres only 2 black males as i know of. but thats off subject. Yea masks and crap would look pretty sweet. Have you tried adding the color that havocs pants have on his shoulder pads? That might make it look more complete in my opionion but anyway i see it its gonna look sweet

WHen my comp gets fixed im gonna probly take the nemises model and remake it into a black guy and change his armor. Think that would be to hard for a noob modeler?

Last edited:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Kid InFeRnO said:
There arnt enough black ppl in UT lol theres only 2 black males as i know of. but thats off subject. Yea masks and crap would look pretty sweet. Have you tried adding the color that havocs pants have on his shoulder pads? That might make it look more complete in my opionion but anyway i see it its gonna look sweet

WHen my comp gets fixed im gonna probly take the nemises model and remake it into a black guy and change his armor. Think that would be to hard for a noob modeler?

Good idea, I'll simply try how it looks on Havoc today *g* and than we'll see ;) Yesterday I didn't found much time for happy skinning, but at least I changed his thigh pads from black/orange to whole orange and the armor behind the pads is whole black now. I'm trying various things *g* Pix will be here tomorrow ;)

I don`t know, maybe you should simply try *g*

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Well, I'm just a funny guy, that's all *lol*

I think the other color in shoulder-area was a good point, thank you.
At the moment, I'm not fully satisfied with it, but I think, when I make it a little less longer and more darker, it will look good. Anyway, of course here the actual screenie :) (Here I've forgotten to remove the stuff on his belt, but finally it will be gone, or not, when it fits better...let's see *g*)

It's surely worth a try, keep us up to date ;)

Attachments

• havoc2.jpg
    havoc2.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 77

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Yap, as "bad boy" in the team I suppose this pose should be one of his favorites *lol*
Hopefully I'll finish the redesigning part of him at weekend, today I'm gonna take a small journey for my company :( but status will be placed on monday ;)

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
yesterday I've tried many diffrent things for Havoc's shoulders, this has driven me somekind into madness and despair, so I finally took that for for the moment :( .
Maybe I'll have another inspiration later *g*

Hope you've been able to fix your PC ;)

Attachments

• havoc3.jpg
    havoc3.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 57

Kid InFeRnO

Censored By Madd
Dec 25, 2004
Between Four Walls
Looks sweet to me. Nope havnt fixed it yet. My bro said hes gonna order me some parts when he orders his friend a comp. They run a design team. My brother was declared Americas best forum designer maybe you've heard of him. Dameon White

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
I'm not sure about it, but give me a link to one of his forums I'll check it out ;)

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
The forum is looking nice! And over 70.000 members, that aren't really peanuts :p

I've also not been to lazy and so I can deliver a new shot from Viper *g*

Attachments

• viper1.jpg
    viper1.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 60