PDA

View Full Version : The Redeemer

Salvatore
10th Apr 2005, 02:51 PM
Make it like the Strangelove, except you can't get off ^_^

Also force Riding mode.

That way it's more balanced, as you KNOW you're going down with it, and it's f'ing hilarious :)

(I never jump off it btw :) )

The_Head
10th Apr 2005, 03:14 PM
Would be fun. Make it optional that you can play with it 'normal'

Discord
10th Apr 2005, 09:50 PM
I'm cool with all that as long as the server's FF settings are overridden and the Deemer does 100% team damage. :tup:

Taleweaver
11th Apr 2005, 06:05 AM
Discord']I'm cool with all that as long as the server's FF settings are overridden and the Deemer does 100% team damage. :tup:
...and that thing is restricted to gametypes with vehicles.

(seriously...can anyone name me one good, balanced DM or CTF map with a redeemer?)

nick89
11th Apr 2005, 06:43 AM
FaceClassic ?

-edit
oh sorry, you said good map.

The_Head
11th Apr 2005, 07:42 AM
Deck?

edhe
11th Apr 2005, 09:16 AM
Antalus ?

2k3 Citadel? (i think it's good... :P)

NeoNite
11th Apr 2005, 10:17 AM
(seriously...can anyone name me one good, balanced DM or CTF map with a redeemer?)

Ctf-november, obviously.

Renegade Retard
11th Apr 2005, 10:26 AM
...and that thing is restricted to gametypes with vehicles.

The redeemer (or other SW's) does not belong in CTF.

I wouldn't mind if it just wasn't included in Envy at all.

Salvatore
11th Apr 2005, 03:08 PM
Hey, it's a fun weapon :)

Regardless of balance etc, it's simply fun. Maybe have it in the less serious maps.

But I NEED that strangelove :)

spineblaZe
11th Apr 2005, 03:21 PM
The redeemer is by far my favorite weapon of any game ever. Hell, just about any DM map it is in is is good. Deck17, Goliath, Asbestos, Antalus... Redeemer owns, 'nuff said. :D

Salvatore
11th Apr 2005, 04:28 PM
Spine, try the Strangelove out for size :)

What could be more fun than riding a nuke around!?!

(Pity that if you just fire it and it hits someone it says that they've run over themselves :p )

The_Head
11th Apr 2005, 04:31 PM
Pity that if you just fire it and it hits someone it says that they've run over themselves :p

I'm sure if they released it with the game they would get rid of that bug. Not looking at the code I would guess it would take not much time to change. Its just a deathmessage.

carmatic
11th Apr 2005, 05:18 PM
and why does it have that delay between it hitting something, and the actual explosion that kills people? well maybe im noticing this because the bomber would explode in a redeemer-like way when it crashes which doesnt look satisfying...
i wonder what would redeemers do to deformable terrain...

Xipher
11th Apr 2005, 10:28 PM
i wonder what would redeemers do to deformable terrain...
Besides Red Faction, with using that GeoMod tech, I haven't seen any engine or game that has deformable, or damagable terrain.

Discord
11th Apr 2005, 10:33 PM
Besides Red Faction, with using that GeoMod tech, I haven't seen any engine or game that has deformable, or damagable terrain.

Actually, UT2k3 and UT2k4 have deformable terrain... it's just incomplete and not used (offline it's fine, but I've seen it happen online and it's not at all pretty).

If you can hunt down the Remote Strike mutator for UT2k4, you'll find therein a weapon that fires grenades which deform the terrain. You can even use it to dig a trench (cool) or expose the jagged edges of a water surface and the dry land underneath (not so cool).

*edit* Re: good/ balanced maps with deemer:

DM-IronDeity
DM-Goliath

They're decent enough maps, no?

Xipher
11th Apr 2005, 10:36 PM
Discord']Actually, UT2k3 and UT2k4 have deformable terrain... it's just incomplete and not used (offline it's fine, but I've seen it happen online and it's not at all pretty).

If you can hunt down the Remote Strike mutator for UT2k4, you'll find therein a weapon that fires grenades which deform the terrain. You can even use it to dig a trench (cool) or expose the jagged edges of a water surface and the dry land underneath (not so cool).

Ah, never knew about that. Then again, like you said, its not exactly fully featured. If they do decide to continue with it, and include that with UE3, that would be fun. That and a tactical thought of having a dril or using rockets to make a tunnel right to the base of the other team would be funny.

Discord
11th Apr 2005, 10:43 PM
Ah, never knew about that. Then again, like you said, its not exactly fully featured. If they do decide to continue with it, and include that with UE3, that would be fun. That and a tactical thought of having a dril or using rockets to make a tunnel right to the base of the other team would be funny.

Yeah, the idea is pretty cool. :)

Only problem is, it would be a pain for mappers to work around (as in, they'd probably have to define nondeformable areas, build foundations for buildings, make sure every possible dig site made sense, yadda yadda yadda). Then again you've got the issue of the map being made unplayable by the players during the course of a round.

To make it work really well would be no mean feat IMO...

Salvatore
12th Apr 2005, 12:46 PM
And then you'll get the Redeemer and just make a huge ****ing crater :)

Hm, I really should make this a poll...

Discord
12th Apr 2005, 03:05 PM
Ooooh... "official" status for Strangelove mut. I say hell yeah! By now it's almost as much a vital part of UT as the Deemer itself...

Salvatore
12th Apr 2005, 03:15 PM
It's a pity the unofficial one sucks... Near instant respawn and 3 deemers per pick-up?

The Deathrocket itself pwns though :) If only bots would try riding it too... You could have a dogfight with them!

And when you're about to lose, you can just slam into them :D

carmatic
12th Apr 2005, 08:48 PM
uhh a dogfight on redeemers? you mean you can shoot when your riding a deemer?

Enji
12th Apr 2005, 10:03 PM
I'm sorry the end to Dr Strangelove was not all that funny and neither was riding the nuke thing. Yes Ilike the deemer but I'm more of a an IonPainter/Target Painter guy myself, far more tactical and easier to use without killing yourself.
as for a blanced CTF map with a deemer in it, I do like Face3 although the deemer makes it kinda cheap in returning the flag, but then again I usually play Instagib so that's pretty cheap too.

Selerox
13th Apr 2005, 12:38 PM
I use the nuke all the time in FFA DM games, but I think overall it's bad for the game, so drop it (maybe stick it in as a mutator).

azcn2503
13th Apr 2005, 05:25 PM
I wish the redeemer were HELLISHLY powerful! Like, could blow buildings to pieces and stuff, and like, the Ion Painter could blow up the world!!!

Bot_40
13th Apr 2005, 06:59 PM
Well I don't doubt they'll include the redeemer in UT3, it's part of the UT trademark just as the shockrifle and monster kills are, but I really don't see the need for 3 superweapons. At most have the redeemer and the bomber (both of which can easilly be shot down if you are paying attention). The ion cannon I always thought was a rather pointless addition and over powered since there's no way to prevent it.

NeoNite
13th Apr 2005, 07:15 PM
I wish the redeemer were HELLISHLY powerful! Like, could blow buildings to pieces and stuff, and like, the Ion Painter could blow up the world!!!

YAH AND TEHR SHULD BE AN ION DEEMING PAINTER-SE AND IT SHULD BLOWN UP TEH GALAXY!!!!!

That would pnw, right!? Right!!!

OMG SUPERULTRADELUXEROCKTEHGALAXYKILL!!!

;O)

shadow_dragon
13th Apr 2005, 08:15 PM

Worms 3D! :D

I loved the redeemer in UT but never used it in the UT2k games, it was quite possibly the slowest jet propelled rocket i've ever seen.
In UT you could see all your targets on the hud an dyou could make for a good shot, in UT2k you rarely seem to be able to find anything. It's more a fire and forget weapon now, i rarely ever steer it. It's so fat and slow people shoot it down by accident.
And if it explodes? You might get a couple of kills when in the old days you could nearly always get a multikill if not a mmmmmmonster kill.

It was a bit of fun and now it's... just kinda irritating, for me, and best left to those that know what they're doing with it i guess.

Dark_Bird
13th Apr 2005, 10:28 PM
I would personaly preffer the redeemer to stay as it is and just have the strangelove as a mutator, because in old school UT I played (and STILL play) strangelove... but I would not like to have all the redeemers be like one, because the strangelove makes it almost like a whole new gametype!
http://ganjataz.com/css/sigs/reason1-firefox-notIE.gif

Enji
14th Apr 2005, 01:10 AM
a bt over the top, no? personally I'd like to see the deemer dropped but like it has been said its a trademark weapon that will probably never die

Tournament0
14th Apr 2005, 04:06 AM
I voted for the first one.
I would like atleast one thing from UT2004 to be in "Envy".

edhe
14th Apr 2005, 04:33 AM
/me gets the idea that the 2kx players are acting like the UT players when 2kx was in dev.

"Keep that how we like it...!" :p

rhirud
14th Apr 2005, 04:34 AM
The redeemer is too powerful against fixed targets- and it totally imbalances onslaught.

The reason why it doesn't explode on contact is that this allows time for players to get out of it's way.

What would balance it im my view is that the redeemer does not explode on contact at all - if fired an it hits something, it embeds and sits there.

The redeemer would obviously be very vulnerable in this state. It explodes 30 seconds after pickup - reguardless of if it's in your pocket , mid flight or embedded.

So to use the redeemer, you have to time your shot so that it hits your target as the 30 seconds - which makes the weapon a lot more skilled in it's use.

carmatic
14th Apr 2005, 08:10 AM
yeah, seeing the deemer hit buildings and they dont damage buildings is kinda ... umm ... oh well, maybe were not at that stage in technology yet...
with the ut2k3 and ut2k4 scale compared to the ut99 scale, the redeemer feels like a much smaller explosion... you tend to hear it explode most of the time and almost nobody would get killed... maybe thats how they manage to put skill into the redeemer, by nerfing it, instead of putting a timer on it or something...
i cant wait to see how the physics will go with a weapon like the redeemer... instead of just a big puff of orange gas, maybe lots of things would be blown sky high and fall down all over the level, that will truly be a mark of a redeemer...just like giants citizen kabuto in a way

azcn2503
14th Apr 2005, 08:34 AM
It'd be good if in, say, a conquest map, there could be 1 or maybe 2 redeemers that cause teh most ultimate mayhem! Of course, really hard to get to. After seeing a video of UE3 on 1up.com (Demo 4), that city looks like an awesome conquest-type map, maybe have a redeemer on top of a building?? Liek, it would be good if it was more like OMFG DEEMERzzcxzxcxccvs instead of "damnit not again :( n00b"

Ignotium
15th Apr 2005, 12:10 AM
DM-Liandri - Redeemer = CS-Assault

Enji
15th Apr 2005, 12:32 AM
redeemer is not a very effective weapon. Sure its a super big explosion of devastation, but you have to be a decent distance away otherwise you either kill yourself or cut your life in half, YET at a long distance its hard to hit a group of enemies to even make it effective. Its only realy useful purpose is to get a quick node destruction in onslaught, that is if you don't get ran over by a manta when your doing that.

Dark Pulse
15th Apr 2005, 01:39 AM
redeemer is not a very effective weapon. Sure its a super big explosion of devastation, but you have to be a decent distance away otherwise you either kill yourself or cut your life in half, YET at a long distance its hard to hit a group of enemies to even make it effective. Its only realy useful purpose is to get a quick node destruction in onslaught, that is if you don't get ran over by a manta when your doing that.
Hint: Hide where they can't get you easily. Behind a wall in a corner, somewhere up high, etc.

15th Apr 2005, 04:46 AM
I request an even more spectacular redeemer explosion. Make it slow and so beautiful I won't even be frustrated that I lost 150 shield 199 health in one shot.

azcn2503
15th Apr 2005, 07:26 AM
I second that, i want to see armageddon type explosion!

Dark Pulse
15th Apr 2005, 09:18 AM
I second that, i want to see armageddon type explosion!
One like Siege's (http://rapidshare.de/files/1277117/siegenuke.rar.html) would be awesome.

Sorry about the lame-ass service; I'd host this on my site, but my site's a little wonky ATM. Just click Free at the bottom and wait about 45 seconds.

carmatic
15th Apr 2005, 09:31 AM
yeah but what happens if there are other structures nearby... unless the physics is fully realistic or something as in staticmeshes and terrain get removed from the location of the blast somehow, then the cloud will just sorta clip through anything thats in its way...

Dark Pulse
15th Apr 2005, 09:51 AM
yeah but what happens if there are other structures nearby... unless the physics is fully realistic or something as in staticmeshes and terrain get removed from the location of the blast somehow, then the cloud will just sorta clip through anything thats in its way...
Well you'll have to deal with that, as BSP is non-deformable ingame IIRC without special classes (ergo, movers) to do it with.

Besides, in real life, Atomic Bombs don't level every building, either. There's still buildings in Hiroshima and Nagasaki that withstood the blast.

Ignotium
15th Apr 2005, 11:50 AM

i don't really care wheter is effective or not, i just like the OMGWTF felling you get when you see that missile flying around, and you don't know who is really the target of that
For me Vladimir is not about how many kills do i get, is all about fun :)

Majik
15th Apr 2005, 12:52 PM
One thing I'd like to see changed is that it should have team colours in team games so you could easily identify it as friendly or hostile. I've lost count on all the times I've wasted my effort on trying to shoot down a friendly 'deemer. :)

iron12
15th Apr 2005, 01:03 PM
One thing I'd like to see changed is that it should have team colours in team games so you could easily identify it as friendly or hostile. I've lost count on all the times I've wasted my effort on trying to shoot down a friendly 'deemer. :)

Yep. They should do this.

I would like to see a red or blue redeemer rocket the would be cool.

carmatic
15th Apr 2005, 07:21 PM
think of the countess possibilities of team-colouring a deemer... it can look really militaristic and have orderly patterns on it not unlike vehicles and characters currently, but what if it had a trail with the same colour as the team... or it has lights that flash on it with the teamcolour
i think that, the blast model should be have the same collision applied to it that players have, as in the yellow colour doesnt go to where the blast doesnt reach... like, the mesh of the orange cloud deforms around other objects surrounding it, as a kind of visual representation of where you are safe from the blast...
anyway does anyone know how the redeemer blast is currently calculated? like how does the game know if theres something in the way between you and a deemer explosion

FireCrack
16th Apr 2005, 03:19 AM
^calls a trace function before doing damage.

Discord
16th Apr 2005, 03:25 AM
anyway does anyone know how the redeemer blast is currently calculated? like how does the game know if theres something in the way between you and a deemer explosion

I don't know, but I'll guess. It's hitscan hit detection. :p

As for teamcolored Deemers, well, that probably would save me about 50 minigun ammo. I'd instantly know it was "one of ours" instead of going, "Er... Deemer! Blamblamblam... oh, it's headed toward those other guys, n/m." And it would probably look cool.

But then again, that 2 seconds of uncertainty may have saved the life of many a baby nuke, you never know...

Bot_40
16th Apr 2005, 09:43 AM
Yeah, a nice tactic if you didn't know, since when you fire the redeemer from any sort of distance it's liable to get shot down, in torlan, when you want to destroy the enemies "first" node, you can fire it at the node at close range and quickly duck behind the base of the turret and avoid taking any damage.

Salvatore
16th Apr 2005, 04:10 PM
Hm, it seems nobody wants to vote Strangelove. Damn :(

Just wondering, how many of you have tried the Strangelove?

16th Apr 2005, 04:20 PM
think of the countess possibilities of team-colouring a deemer... it can look really militaristic and have orderly patterns on it not unlike vehicles and characters currently, but what if it had a trail with the same colour as the team... or it has lights that flash on it with the teamcolour
That would be really cool if there were a set of flashing team color lights on it. And you could see it reflect off walls and stuff.

JaFO
16th Apr 2005, 08:19 PM
Strangelove is too cool for UT ;)
Besides ... for strangelove-style redeemers to be effective (and fun) you need large maps and remove practically all weapons.

Enji
17th Apr 2005, 12:36 AM
One like Siege's (http://rapidshare.de/files/1277117/siegenuke.rar.html) would be awesome.

Sorry about the lame-ass service; I'd host this on my site, but my site's a little wonky ATM. Just click Free at the bottom and wait about 45 seconds.
dude where can I get a deemer that does that?

SanitysEdge
17th Apr 2005, 12:41 AM
It's a pity the unofficial one sucks... Near instant respawn and 3 deemers per pick-up?
Ehh, Are you playing the UT200x version?
The regular UT1 version pwns hard, one of the, if not THE best mutator for UT (I think TallyHo and ExcessiveOverkill, possably even MatrixMoves, come in a tie with it). There are settings to change everything on it. Blast size, Fuel, Rockets per pickup, Respawn time...

carmatic
17th Apr 2005, 10:49 AM
i wanna try strangelove one day... but none of the low-pinging servers seem to ever run it... hmph..

^calls a trace function before doing damage.

maybe, if you put this 'trace function' as some instruction inside the video card (like its all dx9-compliant and stuff and has more transistors than a cpu and stuff) , then you can say something like 'does the point in space represented by this pixel have a direct line of sight to the origin of the explosion' or something...

NeoNite
17th Apr 2005, 12:47 PM
Ehh, Are you playing the UT200x version?
The regular UT1 version pwns hard, one of the, if not THE best mutator for UT (I think TallyHo and ExcessiveOverkill, possably even MatrixMoves, come in a tie with it). There are settings to change everything on it. Blast size, Fuel, Rockets per pickup, Respawn time...

Arenamatch mutator pwns the ones you've listed ;O)

Strangelove is fun. I wish I knew how to give the konglauncher infinite ammo though... make sure the Sl won't run out of fuel...

Because it's insanily fun riding it around Spirevillage or Sunspire ^_^

carmatic
17th Apr 2005, 01:54 PM
That would be really cool if there were a set of flashing team color lights on it. And you could see it reflect off walls and stuff.

yes, thats very far-sighted and stuff in terms of the graphics because ive never associated the unreal engine 2.5 to be anything beyond flat polygons and ugly cubemaps...and i havent seen videos of the new engine which show that they are gonna pull off good reflections yet... but oh well, envy is still more than a year away, who knows it might just be good enough to have implemented reflections one way or another...

eh? i thought sunspire and the spire village was unreal 1 singleplayer levels... like, no other game ive seen have such use for scale (like not even onslaught maps have structures that huge) .... if only UE3 can recreate these levels using updated graphics, then the world will be perfect for me... and hm, another thing, i have a copy of unreal 1 lying somewhere... how do i ride a redeemer around the sunspire? or was it a sunspire recreation for UT99 or something...

NeoNite
17th Apr 2005, 01:58 PM
eh? i thought sunspire and the spire village was unreal 1 singleplayer levels... like, no other game ive seen have such use for scale (like not even onslaught maps have structures that huge) .... if only UE3 can recreate these levels using updated graphics, then the world will be perfect for me... and hm, another thing, i have a copy of unreal 1 lying somewhere... how do i ride a redeemer around the sunspire? or was it a sunspire recreation for UT99 or something...

Well, let's put it this way: They are, and they aren't.

:)

See, they're divived in two parts. Spirevillage is actually the biggest one.

Spirevillage: Epic worked on the first part of this map. Everything which is beyond the gate/small wall, is pretty much empty.
No lava lake below, no pathway leading to the sunspire.
Just a mere eh... big rock. And grass.
And it doesnt reach as deep as "sunspire" does.

Sunspire: Now they've concentrated on what lies beyond the gate. BUT, the first part is reduced in size. There's only a fifth (something like that) left.
Now there's a hell of a lot (inside the sunspire though) detail added to the second part.

That's the difference between both maps ^_^

carmatic
17th Apr 2005, 02:05 PM
then, we use seamless loading to solve that problem

NeoNite
17th Apr 2005, 02:10 PM
I wonder though, if both maps could be actually merged into one ...

Maybe there'd be too many things going on, too much detail.. but still.

carmatic
17th Apr 2005, 02:13 PM
nooo, dude... this is 2007, remember...
nothing's "too much detail" anymore....

or you can just antiportal the gate and solve all the problems

Bot_40
17th Apr 2005, 03:30 PM
maybe, if you put this 'trace function' as some instruction inside the video card (like its all dx9-compliant and stuff and has more transistors than a cpu and stuff) , then you can say something like 'does the point in space represented by this pixel have a direct line of sight to the origin of the explosion' or something...

?

You want to do a line trace on the gpu? That's one of the most bizarre suggestions I've ever heard :p
What exactly is supposed to be wrong with the existing way UT does a trace?

NeoNite
17th Apr 2005, 06:14 PM
nooo, dude... this is 2007, remember...
nothing's "too much detail" anymore....

or you can just antiportal the gate and solve all the problems

Sorry, I should've specified.

I meant merging the original levels, for Unreal or preferably UT.

JaFO
17th Apr 2005, 08:16 PM
?

You want to do a line trace on the gpu? That's one of the most bizarre suggestions I've ever heard :p
What exactly is supposed to be wrong with the existing way UT does a trace?
Perhaps because a pure hardware-based calculation of the trace would be significantly faster ?

The only reason 'against' this is that no card has been designed with this behaviour in mind. However I'm pretty sure that you could do some pretty nifty calculations if one were to embrace the GPU as a secondary processor. Kind of like the floatingpoint arithmetic used to be handled by a separate cpu in the past.

BmB23
22nd Apr 2005, 03:01 PM
The Redeemer rules!! (strangelove may be fun... I dont know... I havent tried. but I agree on it should be a mutator not the real ingame redeemer)

well... in envy they do have the chance of correcting the **** they done to it in 2k3/4

and that deformable explosion thing sounded cool... definetly something to bear in mind for epicmg.

carmatic
22nd Apr 2005, 06:39 PM
uhh i meant, a purely graphical effect where the video card takes in all the geometry around the redeemer explosion, and sort of casts shadows from the explosion... and these shadows would determine the shape of the explosion cloud effect, so you dont see it reach where it doesnt hit

hm how about, a homage to strangelove in the form of an assault map, or a conquest objective... like 'the enemy has stolen the redeemer rocket ! oh thank goodness it has no navigation built into it yet, they cant do much with it... oh wait, someone is actually riding on it to steer it! deny them! ' or something

EL BOURIKO
26th May 2005, 12:59 PM
Discord']

*edit* Re: good/ balanced maps with deemer:

DM-IronDeity
DM-Goliath

They're decent enough maps, no?

I do Agree with [Apoc]Discord, these maps have a good balance with deemer because there, you need to deserve your deemer to get it. And I guess it s fair that it is this way when you think on how easy you can frag with this lovely baby.
Actually, I would totally hide the deemer in ASBESTOS, so those players who do not have a clock ticking in their head would have to enter a potential trap to check if it s here at the very end of the corridor or not.
In ANTALUS, I would put the deemer on the very top of the high cliffes (it have to be visible from the valley), so that noone could complain on how easy you fragged them with your deemer.
and I would like to have a deemer in DE-OSIRIS, some places on the roof for instance.

AVP
21st Aug 2005, 12:56 PM
Redeemers are cool because it make people blow up into smitherens. :lol:

Plumb_Drumb
21st Aug 2005, 01:05 PM
collecting post ammo, are we AVP? ;)
________
Iolite Portable Vaporizer Reviews (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/)

21st Aug 2005, 03:08 PM
I'd like to see more map-specific superweapons, which is what epic said they were going to do. The redeemer is fun and strangelove would be cool as an included mutator. Just as long as they allow people to disable superweapons, then everone will be happy.

Neophoenix
21st Aug 2005, 03:24 PM
:stupid:... lol, but seriously, I agree with what you said 100%.:D

AVP
21st Aug 2005, 06:08 PM
I like the redeemer it blows people to smtherens ;)

Neophoenix
21st Aug 2005, 07:52 PM
I like the redeemer it blows people to smtherens ;)
Your an odd little man, AVP, aren't you? :hmm:

K.N.I.F.E
22nd Aug 2005, 10:57 AM
Or have a special option for a War Intended Reedemer that like makes a super nuke that makes a big crater and can blow up a mansion in one shot. Just for fun tho.

Mtlaff
22nd Aug 2005, 12:45 PM
What I'd like to see is if someone manages to trick jump on top of a 'deemer rocket in miodflight they gain manual control of the rocket (though if someone is actually controlling it it'd be trickier to control), but it'd be a hell of a thing to pull off and not blow the rocket up.

Sahkolihaa
22nd Aug 2005, 12:53 PM
Your an odd little man, AVP, aren't you? :hmm:Can't agree more :rolleyes:

edhe
23rd Aug 2005, 05:41 AM
What I'd like to see is if someone manages to trick jump on top of a 'deemer rocket in miodflight they gain manual control of the rocket (though if someone is actually controlling it it'd be trickier to control), but it'd be a hell of a thing to pull off and not blow the rocket up.
That's actually a kind fun idea :) Strangelove without the annoying parts \o/

->Sachiel<-
23rd Aug 2005, 06:45 PM
I want a redeemer like a Nuke, an ion painter like the "independance day" laser thing that the mothership shoots and a target painter that calls forth cluster bombs. BUT ONLY FOR CONQUEST/UNREAL WARFARE AND ONSLAUGHT.

MxX
24th Aug 2005, 01:42 AM
The redeemer is quite funny and should be kept the way it is. The strangelove mod is funny but should definitaly be kept a mod

kafros
24th Aug 2005, 06:32 AM
Word out is that EPIC is planning on replacing the redeemer with the TsunamiEarthquakeSuperNovaTidalMeteor cannon that once fired will destroy the whole map and force everyone to the next Map. Maps where the cannon was fired will remain radioactive for 100,000 years.

Physicists believe that firing two at the same time is propably what caused the big bang in the first place (although critics believe that any bang that does not include some booty should not be categorised as 'big')

->Sachiel<-
24th Aug 2005, 06:51 AM
HAHAHAHAHA, hilarious. Actually they stated that the ion-painter will have a different effect per map, it won't have all these effects combined, that would be queer. But it would be funny.

Kabs-BUB
20th Oct 2005, 02:27 AM
redeemer should only be in assault and onslaught
ion painter sucks! because I can't get it to work on hillsides
maybe think about an ion painter that sprays biogoop all over the place or grenades