PDA

View Full Version : UT Envy ingame video

innociv
10th Apr 2005, 04:14 AM
http://www.1up.com/do/download?cId=3138759
I looked here and didnt' see it psoted so here you go.
Video 4(first one listed) shows the new scorpion driving through some streets and stuff.. so assumably it's UT Envy ingame :P

Radiosity
10th Apr 2005, 06:28 AM
Assumption is the mother of all f**kups ;) As with the other three vids, it's a tech demo level. If it was from Envy, it would be labelled as such.

Xipher
10th Apr 2005, 03:28 PM
The scorpian model may be, but that doesn't mean any thing. Its not uncommon for a developer to use game assets for demos, but not actual game maps or anything.

FireCrack
10th Apr 2005, 03:54 PM
i liked demo 2 there.

Radiosity
10th Apr 2005, 05:29 PM
Xipher - agreed, they tend to use assets, but not actual maps. Would be sweet to see that map in a Conquest setting though :tup:

FireCrack - hell yeah, the physics system looks amazing.

innociv
10th Apr 2005, 05:46 PM
IT's nice to see how theposible handling of the vheicle is and stuff, though it'll improve.

But what else do you think it's from? Just putting hte scorpion in some other game or that gorgous map only used for a demo?
In all the other demos they are more close din area's usually, haven't seen a full map. There is that big outdoor one but that's much elss complex,doens't have all those buildings etc, looks like generated terrain and static meshes(Exclduing all that grass and the rocks)

You're right about assumptions though. But hey, it's still cool to see, and see the scorpion moving and how the surface looks and lgith behaves on it :)

carmatic
11th Apr 2005, 05:59 PM
yeah i wonder why the scorpion didnt bump into anything in those videos... maybe its the same case as those hanging things , one of which went through the wall ? like if the scorpion went in the direction of something, it would have probably gone right through it... but at least envy is still a long way away

Xipher
11th Apr 2005, 10:26 PM
yeah i wonder why the scorpion didnt bump into anything in those videos... maybe its the same case as those hanging things , one of which went through the wall ? like if the scorpion went in the direction of something, it would have probably gone right through it... but at least envy is still a long way away
Probably because it was running a scripted path. They probably made the path so that it wouldn't collide with any thing, to keep it running smoothly.

innociv
12th Apr 2005, 01:49 AM
i loovveee the suspension of it :D