PDA

View Full Version : With Enforcers must come the best mut ever.

BooGiTyBoY
9th Apr 2005, 11:33 PM
If enforcers are back... I'm hoping they include the best mutator ever for Unreal Tournament as stock...

The Almighty CROTCH SHOT!!!!!

Man nothing beat hearing the phrase "CROTCH-MASTER" from the announcer while merrily fragging people in their pants. :lol:

Black_Seeds
10th Apr 2005, 01:58 AM
I had that mutator :P i assumed it was only possible to get crotch shots with Enforcers, Miniguns and Sniper Rifles, i managed to get one with a redeemer (*ouch*).

I hope that mutator dus make a comeback

iron12
10th Apr 2005, 07:56 AM
No Assult Rifle. :(

I will miss you.

CyMek
10th Apr 2005, 10:24 AM
There is/was a mut for crotch shot in 2k3, although i don't know about 2k4. Due to the way that it was calculated though and UT2003's headshot radius rather than head area, I once managed a simultaneous crotch/head shot...

BooGiTyBoY
10th Apr 2005, 02:45 PM
No Assult Rifle. :(

I will miss you.

o_O Did you even play UT???

Enforcers > Ass rifle

Nahand
10th Apr 2005, 05:36 PM
... no. The assault rifle was one good improvement over the sissy UT starting Enforcers, even if they did pack some punch. Having a starting fast ROF weapon is the way to go, not nerve-inducing pinneaple shotters like the Enforcers. They did present some gameplay yummy-ness (especially in Akimbo) but that's it. Bring back the Enforcers (or other name) and they'd getting in the moat again (unless these new guns ARE machinegun-like)...

Dark Pulse
10th Apr 2005, 08:38 PM
If enforcers are back... I'm hoping they include the best mutator ever for Unreal Tournament as stock...

The Almighty CROTCH SHOT!!!!!

Man nothing beat hearing the phrase "CROTCH-MASTER" from the announcer while merrily fragging people in their pants. :lol:
*BooGiTyBoY got whacked in the sack!*

;)

el Gato
11th Apr 2005, 06:58 AM
Crotchshot did rule. :)

I would combine it with MonsterHunt, funny (and cheap) way of taking down titans.

The_Head
11th Apr 2005, 07:43 AM
... no. The assault rifle was one good improvement over the sissy UT starting Enforcers, even if they did pack some punch. Having a starting fast ROF weapon is the way to go, not nerve-inducing pinneaple shotters like the Enforcers. They did present some gameplay yummy-ness (especially in Akimbo) but that's it. Bring back the Enforcers (or other name) and they'd getting in the moat again (unless these new guns ARE machinegun-like)...

Erm, the Assault Rifle seriously sucks......
Definetely bring back the Enforcers, much better and they actually hurt people.

BooGiTyBoY
11th Apr 2005, 09:46 AM
Wait you claim they are sissy yet pack a "punch." I always thought the definition of a "sissy" weapon is one that did the exact opposite... which the ass rifles are quite guilty of. :lol:

NeoNite
11th Apr 2005, 10:03 AM
Akimbo enforcer seriously rocks.
One enforcer, well... it can be pretty deadly. It depends. But generally speaking it's a good start weapon.

Bots are always quite good with the enforcer.

The_Head
11th Apr 2005, 12:26 PM
Each bullet on the Enforcer did 25 damage. Couple that with good accuracy and a nice rof and you have a nice gun. Get a second Enforcer for more fun

Mr_Rose
11th Apr 2005, 01:50 PM
Indeedy - for all that extra eye-candy in the new UT, I will need a new comp. I wasn't certain it was gonna happen 'til I saw that Enforcers are coming back :D
I just hope Epic doesn't nerf them compared to UT - one of the best things about them was that they were very accurate, especially compared to the ass. rifle.

Olga
11th Apr 2005, 02:12 PM
I hope they include the enforcers and the assault rifles (the latter being a mutator)

Majik
11th Apr 2005, 02:56 PM
Each bullet on the Enforcer did 25 damage. Couple that with good accuracy and a nice rof and you have a nice gun. Get a second Enforcer for more fun

IIRC it "only" dealt 17 damage per hit, 25 would've made it seriously overpowered.

Black_Seeds
11th Apr 2005, 03:02 PM
1. Enforcers rule, but i actually get quite alot of kills with Dual Assault Rifles

2. This has been bugging me, Whats IIRC Mean?

Nahand
11th Apr 2005, 03:29 PM
If I Remember Correctly?...

The_Head
11th Apr 2005, 04:07 PM
IIRC it "only" dealt 17 damage per hit, 25 would've made it seriously overpowered.

Yeh. In the code it says that. But I'm sure It used to do 25. Perhaps because of the game settings, hardcore mode.....

Psycho_Leech
11th Apr 2005, 05:07 PM
I loved the Crotch Shot mutator, shame you couldn't get a crotch shot with the Ripper.

An Akimbo Enforcers mutator would be quite a good idea as well.

NeoNite
11th Apr 2005, 05:18 PM
So far, I've seen enforcer hits take 25% damage off your health.
And maybe it's the hardcore setting, I've no idea. It's been a looooooooooong time I've played the game in classic mode...(too boring anyway).

carmatic
11th Apr 2005, 05:24 PM
hm ut2k4 had dual assault rifles, trying to bring back the good ol memories, but it wont feel right until your starting weapon is as legitimate a weapon as all the other weapons in the game... you start with a weak gun and thats their way of encouraging you to grab a nicer gun, but thats putting less of the fun in players and more of the fun into the level designers...
like , i remember it going 'click-click bang bang bang bang bang bang' ... it was so nice
and oh, did the UT99 enforcers need reloading as well? i couldnt remember...

NeoNite
11th Apr 2005, 05:29 PM
No, fortunately they didn't need reloading.
Just fire away.

You want reloading, play anything similar to infiltration/tac-ops...

carmatic
11th Apr 2005, 05:47 PM
naah, i dont want reloading in general... just for a few potentially spammy guns, to limit their use for tactical situations...

anyway, wouldnt it be nice if the 'crotch shot' mutator had with it, some extra animations? or did every character have their own sets of death animations etc etc back in ut99

Majik
11th Apr 2005, 05:52 PM
Yeh. In the code it says that. But I'm sure It used to do 25. Perhaps because of the game settings, hardcore mode.....

Ah yes, that might be the case.

carmatic
11th Apr 2005, 06:21 PM
ah yes, i remember somewhere, a hardcore mode means 150% damage... never bothered playing with that mode tho, i died too easily as it was already... i think it was from the original unreal deathmatches, wasnt it?

Psycho_Leech
11th Apr 2005, 06:22 PM
And of course, without the sideways double speed+half accuracy altfire, it wouldn't really be the Enforcer, would it?

NeoNite
11th Apr 2005, 06:27 PM
Who wants to play in classic mode anyway? So slow and boring :-/
Hey, I know there are people who like classic.... incredible, but it's true.

I played on turbo for a couple of years.
But tbh hardcore is best.

carmatic
11th Apr 2005, 06:32 PM
turbo = 125% damage?

Xipher
11th Apr 2005, 10:23 PM
An Akimbo Enforcers mutator would be quite a good idea as well.
The list actually said "Dual Enforcers" Which Im guessing means it will always be "akimbo" as they call it. I guess they won't even have a single Enforcer at all. Guess this means maybe a single Enforcer mutator might be in order.

Dark Pulse
11th Apr 2005, 11:13 PM
Enforcers do 17 in Classic, 25 in Hardcore.

Classic = Unreal 1 Jump height, movement speed, etc.
Turbo = 135% Movement speed from Classic. No other changes.
Hardcore = Turbo + 150% Damage from all weapons.

Raden
11th Apr 2005, 11:40 PM
Hardcore was the only real game mode in UT. Classic might as well have been called "sissy", same thing. I really couldn't believe it when UT2003 (AND 2004!) didn't have these settings.

UT2006 better.

Defeat
14th Apr 2005, 06:22 PM
>Classic mode was Unreal, Hardcore was the main mode for UT, and Turbo was Quake style UT.

carmatic
15th Apr 2005, 08:54 PM
i think that there should be a mode where people can bunnyjump, where travelling diagonally makes you go faster, etc etc... maybe we can call it 'oldschool' or something...

NeoNite
16th Apr 2005, 06:43 AM
Classic might as well have been called "sissy",

Sissy? That's not what I'd call Classic mode. Slow, boring yes.

menelik_seth
20th Apr 2005, 11:20 AM
UT2k4 being the first UT game I ever played (and I'm lovin it) I really have no clue what y'all are talkin about :p

However, I have used the 2k4 mutator that has everybody start with dual assault rifles; and its pretty hard to play with single ass's (that's what y'all are callin em :p) now.

Now wat would be kewl is to have the dualies with independent fire mode (each rifle having its own trigger). Think of how could it would be to be able to lob one grenade after another... which is really the only reason I use rifles, I've managed to score quite a few decent kills using the grenade at a close distance... charge 'er up and let er' go :)

Unreality
20th Apr 2005, 01:07 PM
i think that would be cool using primary fire while using alt to lob grenades at people

Kronon
26th Apr 2005, 07:32 AM
i think that there should be a mode where people can bunnyjump, where travelling diagonally makes you go faster, etc etc... maybe we can call it 'oldschool' or something...So Epic should deliberately introduce a bug from Quake 1 into their code? No thanks ;)

Its interesting to note that one enforcer in UT (using default hardcore mode) did roughly the same damage/second as the minigun does in UT2003/UT2004. Double enforcers in UT2003/UT2004, using the UT weapon strength, would be the dominating weapon in the whole game.

I hope Epic upgrades the weapon strengths in Envy, but I have a feeling that the enforcers will need a little downgrade anyway.

/Kronon