messed up my UTGOTY (help!)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Leroi

Mar 18, 2004
Hi,

I brought up the console and typed "brightness" (without the quotes) and pressed enter, my screen went black (I thought it would tell me what the brightness level was, similar to some other games I have). Now when I try to run UT, I get nothing but a black screen. Is there a file I can edit and undo my stupid move? Apparently I turned brightness off completely?

Also, my tilde key on my keyboard is messed up so I can't bring up the console that way, have to go to tools > console (or similar) in the game's interface.

I'm using a modified OpenGL file I downloaded a while back (early last year), if that is important I don't know.

Thanks for any advice.

Presario 5005R, WinME, TNT2 16MB, 512MB SDRAM

Last edited:

Leroi

Mar 18, 2004
Never mind. I found the file "unrealtournament.ini" and edited it, fixed the problem.

Still have to get a new keyboard someday...

ravenus

The Heretic
Oct 7, 2000
India
Visit site
Leroi said:
Also, my tilde key on my keyboard is messed up so I can't bring up the console that way, have to go to tools > console (or similar) in the game's interface.
You can hit the tab key which also allows you to enter commands.

K

i bite
Jul 29, 2004
Magrathea
I beleive If you hit the + and - keys the brightness can be adjusted as well.
Or is it a F-key? F11 or F12 does it, cant recall , srry try them out.