Who play VCTF here at BUF

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

You play VCTF? (Vehicle Capture The Flag)

• Yes.

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • Sometimes.

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • No.

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
You got to love or hate it , VCTF is a pure teamwork gametype , and sometimes , a manta run paradise

I only play vctf online on ACDC servers :

Server N1 : 82.165.252.52:7887
Server N2 : 82.165.252.52:7777

Who play it here? Apart on FragBu of course, because it's not everyone that likes it (In part T2A). I have only seen 2 BUF member playing vctf online

Eklipse And scummy

Last edited:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I <3 VCTF. I play mostly at FragBU too.

We used to play a lot on weeknights, too. Me, Hyru, HuggyBear, Haarg, Funkblast, Cymek, and a few others :lol: That's when we discovered PurpleHaze!

I sometimes hop on with HuggyBear if he is playing and I have time.

AMMAGETSVM

wild
Jun 5, 2001
brooklyn
I occasionally grace the ACDC or Kush! servers.
Prefer ACDC though, as I've known a couple of them for years and find the players there overall to be fun.

Only other BuF I've seen playing VCTF pub is Huggy.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Ok

no jokes ....

colossal is good but low on fps
Bahamas is just terrible , and walkish

funkblast

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Aug 4, 2001
California
Visit site
SlayerDragon said:
I <3 VCTF. I play mostly at FragBU too.

We used to play a lot on weeknights, too. Me, Hyru, HuggyBear, Haarg, Funkblast, Cymek, and a few others :lol: That's when we discovered PurpleHaze!

I sometimes hop on with HuggyBear if he is playing and I have time.

Ah those were good times, looking at all the wonderful map names like vctf-Wingsh*tter and vctf-iontankspam who could of guess the wonders that those maps contained. And then one day we were blessed by the gods themselves when they brought forth to us Vctf-csdustPurplehaze, it was like a spiritual enlightenment...

neilthecellist

Renegade.
May 24, 2004
San Diego, California
www. .
funkblast said:
Ah those were good times, looking at all the wonderful map names like vctf-Wingsh*tter and vctf-iontankspam who could of guess the wonders that those maps contained. And then one day we were blessed by the gods themselves when they brought forth to us Vctf-csdustPurplehaze, it was like a spiritual enlightenment...

Blood Gulch is a classic.

Torlan was a good remake. Goes well with the HaloUT vehicles.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
The bot sucks in vctf , they need to get optimized by the epic team.

I wasted alot of time in my life to get them to work , even with special vehicles objectives , bot are capricious in blood gulch , because the bot think about driving a vehicle in first place before attacking (mostly like a hummain player would do) . So , once they are inside the vehicle , they will get out of it immidiatly after that. Why? . Simple , it's because the bot calculated the distance of the ''door'' with the vehicle , so then , he say ''no , i won't pass in there''

So he gets out.

Last edited:

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
I do play a lot of vctf, but I'm not in a clan - I keep getting asked to be in a clan, but who has time? I usually alias when I play, though, since soliciting me for clan membership when I'm just there to run people over gets tiring after a while. :( I'm really not -all that- so I don't see why I keep getting solicitations.

neilthecellist

Renegade.
May 24, 2004
San Diego, California
www. .
I'm not in a clan either, because of two reason:

1. I got dialup
2. I just started high school and i'm AMAZED at all the homework I get...plus next year I'll be taking 2 honors courses and 2 AP classes.

I don't even know if I'm good at UT2004 online. I've never played online 'cept at my friends house and I was OK (if it weren't for the ping)

in Instant Action, I can take on Inhuman bots...that's as far as I can go....

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I keep getting asked to be in a clan, but who has time?

Yes , that's damn anoying ,

Only ACDC don't aked me yet.

If you want to practice ,

-The best way is to learn youself (if you are on rush with stuff like HomeWorks)

-Or else , go get a clan and play some match , they will learn you (if they are a good clan , and when i say a good clan , i don't talk about Geocities one that got 2 members in it)

I am myself very good ,
My speciality is Hellbender turret/aiming and mantas

I don't play MUCH though, i play around 28 hours per week.

If you want to (talking to anyone here), we could play a/some VCTF match(es) sometimes.

PS: Dial up is not a good reason to not be in a clan , (apart if Unpro asked you?)

Last edited:

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
I'm almost always up for a game, but hunt me down on xfire because of the aforementioned aliasing.

Also, I've found that good recon (just another part of communication) is quite helpful. If I'm on a flag run, I tell my team if someone's inbound, from which direction, and in what. It seems like common sense, but even the better clanners don't do it. When I was helping AE with tactics, I drilled that into them right away.