PDA

View Full Version : UC2 skins

Pages : [1] 2 3

old_man_funk
4th Apr 2005, 07:34 PM
Does anybody wanna help me do some? There are a few that can be updated like Malcolm, Brock and Lauren and some who would be easy to skin on the existing models (e.g. the Gen Mo'Kai and Skaarj). I'd like to make a skin pack based on UC2 but I think it would be cool to have lots of skinners working on the pack since there is a lot of talent here :)

If you fancy helping then reply here and I'll PM you with some more details :D

Cheers,

old_man_funk

SaD
5th Apr 2005, 10:27 AM
Nice idea . I really like it , but I cant skin. :lol:
What do you think of hosting the Pack after release for you :D .

old_man_funk
5th Apr 2005, 11:49 AM
Nice idea . I really like it , but I cant skin. :lol:
What do you think of hosting the Pack after release for you :D .

Sounds good :D

I've got 7/8 skins planned for the pack so far

Apophis
Arclite
Brock
Lauren
Malcolm
Raptor
Selket

Vailias
5th Apr 2005, 02:23 PM
hmm an interesting idea, but the UC2 models are quite different than their UT2k4 counterparts. I'm not sure I see how just skins will do anything for them. I mean sure make brock a Necris.. eh anyway I am interested to hear/see what you have in mind

old_man_funk
5th Apr 2005, 02:28 PM
hmm an interesting idea, but the UC2 models are quite different than their UT2k4 counterparts. I'm not sure I see how just skins will do anything for them. I mean sure make brock a Necris.. eh anyway I am interested to hear/see what you have in mind

Yeh, that's a problem I saw from the start. Obviously the skins aren't gonna match their UC2 models EXACTLY, but I've done some research/forward planning and I think the characters I've chosen will transfer quite well to the UT2004 models with a bit of imagination and some minor adjustments. I'll be showing off my first skin tonight at somepoint which will be the Liandri robot "Raptor" using a Gen Mo' Kai model, this will hopefully give you a better idea of the style I'm trying to achieve.

old_man_funk

old_man_funk
5th Apr 2005, 03:31 PM
im mad, u forgot ANUBIS...he pwned all in he demo :D

I know, but I've already got 2 Nakhti in the pack: Selket and Apophis. I think 3 would be a bit overkill :p

old_man_funk
5th Apr 2005, 05:04 PM
I had a feeling thats what model you would use for raptor.
I'll be interested to see how it comes out.

And ya know we could just go and annoy epic by remaking their UC2 models for UT2k4 before UC2 gets released. ;)

The Raptor skin is going well, but I may scrap it :\
I'm revising my character choices and will have to decide who can be skinned to a high quality. Some of the characters in UC2 just aren't suited for UT2004 models. The skins that are DEFINATLEY being done are Arclite, Malcolm and Brock.

Slaughter
5th Apr 2005, 05:35 PM
Maybe i could edit some headmeshes to make them more suitable :)

old_man_funk
5th Apr 2005, 05:40 PM
Maybe i could edit some headmeshes to make them more suitable :)

Thanks for the offer dude, but I wanna keep this as a skin pack only :)
If you wanna help though, a skin or two would help me A LOT :D

old_man_funk
5th Apr 2005, 06:59 PM
Started work on both Arclite and Malcolm, I'll make a start on Brock soon as well. Both are WIP, Arclite's head is the only bit done and Malcolm's body is about 30% complete. If you want to see what I'm using as references then just ask and I'll post them here too :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/mwip1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/awip1.jpg

old_man_funk

Vailias
5th Apr 2005, 11:30 PM
hmm yeah post the refs, and or a link to them. This is interestin enough I just might have to join in. ;)

old_man_funk
6th Apr 2005, 06:17 AM
Ok, here are Malcolm and Arclite's references:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/mref.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/aref.jpg

I think would probably be better if this moved to the WIP forum now :D

Slaughter
6th Apr 2005, 08:54 AM
Then ill be giving Satin and Gorge a shot. :)

SaD
6th Apr 2005, 09:02 AM
I think would probably be better if this moved to the WIP forum now :D

Moved . :)

Great to see you working for the Pack , too , Slaughter.
As I mentioned above , I really like the idea .

old_man_funk
6th Apr 2005, 09:09 AM
Then ill be giving Satin and Gorge a shot. :)

Sounds groovy, do you need any reference pictures?
Anybody else wanna help? If we each do 2 skins we could get quite a large skin pack easily :D

old_man_funk

old_man_funk
6th Apr 2005, 12:02 PM
Been working on Malcom all afternoon:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/mwip2.jpg

Still got a lot to do, but I'm happy with it so far :mwink:

old_man_funk

old_man_funk
6th Apr 2005, 03:51 PM
ANOTHER update to Malcolm. I've put so much work into this guy, I'm gonna stake my reputation on him :eek:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/mwip3.jpg

That's about 7 hours now... :zzz:

old_man_funk
6th Apr 2005, 06:59 PM
4 posts in a row, I don't like it :/
Here's the final WIP shot before he goes into UnrealED and I add shaders etc.

Malcolm 90% done:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/mwip4.jpg

About 11-12 hours work there, I think it's my best skin :)

old_man_funk

old_man_funk
6th Apr 2005, 07:58 PM
Great work. :)

How are your skins coming along?

Vailias
6th Apr 2005, 11:49 PM
heh ok I'm in, now that I found where you were getting those refs.

I'll take Brock and Lauren. :chuckle:
Lauren is going on "ophelia" and brock is going on the necris model from the ECE bonus pack. I figure since its an "official" download more people will have it, so compatability shouldn't be much of an issue.

One more thing: are the wireframe flats available for the ophelia and the ECE bonus pack or am I just going to have to paint over the originals? Either way is fine, I just like having the wires.

old_man_funk
7th Apr 2005, 06:53 AM
heh ok I'm in, now that I found where you were getting those refs.

I'll take Brock and Lauren. :chuckle:
Lauren is going on "ophelia" and brock is going on the necris model from the ECE bonus pack. I figure since its an "official" download more people will have it, so compatability shouldn't be much of an issue.

One more thing: are the wireframe flats available for the ophelia and the ECE bonus pack or am I just going to have to paint over the originals? Either way is fine, I just like having the wires.

Sounds good! I had thought about doing Brock on the Remus model, but that model has been skinned sooooo many times :rolleyes:

I can give you some UV maps for the Ophelia model if you want (the model has been mapped extremley badly though, kudos to you if you can get a good skin onto it), but you I can't get you the Necris one, sorry.

old_man_funk

old_man_funk
7th Apr 2005, 09:35 AM
Your doing good so far on malcolm. now all you have to do is make him look 54 years old and possibly giv him new shades ^^

Yeh I'll be finishing him off tonight, and then hopefully starting on Arclite.

old_man_funk

Slaughter
7th Apr 2005, 11:31 AM
I started Gorges head. :)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/Dropkick60606/gorg02.jpg

Vailias
7th Apr 2005, 03:00 PM
the model has been mapped extremley badly though

yeah the face has some serious distortions. I remember the guy who did that apologized over at polycount. I should be able to work around it.

old_man_funk
7th Apr 2005, 06:49 PM
Malcolm is finally done. I'm gonna take a break before starting Arclite since I wanna see how other people get on with their skins :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/mfinal1.jpg

(This skin uses self-illumination so a medium-high graphics card is needed to display it correctly.)

old_man_funk

Vailias
8th Apr 2005, 09:26 AM
Early Face WIP. Needs hair, and some work on the ears.

Vailias
9th Apr 2005, 12:31 AM
lol yes thats the start to Lauren, on Ophelia's head. The hair strands are alphaed out.
Main referance I found
http://media.xbox.gamespy.com/media/666/666679/img_2478261.html

Vailias
9th Apr 2005, 11:10 AM
hmm there are way more distortions on this model than I had though. Eh nothing like a challange to improve one's skills.

Anyway Lauren's head is basically done. I'll revisit a few areas before publishing time but I really want to get this body done, and its looking like it might take a while to find and workaround all the distored areas

old_man_funk
10th Apr 2005, 09:29 AM
That's looking good V :D
I'll be making a start on Arclite sometime this week as well, I also think we need to talk about how these skins will be released... Do we want a skin pack or does each skinner want to release theirs seperatley?

old_man_funk

Miko
10th Apr 2005, 05:13 PM
Woo NICE job you guys! Hope they come with good instructions cuz I've never gotten a skin to work in UT2k4 yet lol...

To help you on where your skin files and other files go in unreal tournament 2003/2004 or any unreal engine 2 game.
U.Up.Int files- System folder
Ukx files- Animation folder
Utx files- Textures folder
Uax files- Sound folder
Usx files- Static Meshes folder
Ut2 files- Maps folder
ogg files- Music folder (ogg playable on winamp and when looking at them will come up as a winamp media file)

On topic. Keep up with the good work on the skins. Malcolms skin is impressive and very well organized so far

Slaughter
10th Apr 2005, 06:34 PM
Little Update:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/Dropkick60606/gorg05.jpg
Im having problems because the new Gorge is extremly different...guess ill just have to figure something out :lol:

Miko
10th Apr 2005, 07:09 PM
Because the new Gorge is a giant compared to the old and the armor is upgraded significantly

MxX
12th Apr 2005, 12:34 AM
looking great! keep up the good work! will there be also 4 team colors?

SaD
12th Apr 2005, 08:59 AM
...thought id pay this site a visit and register :)

:2thumb:

Back to topic , as MxX said , four teamcolors ? Would be great . :)

old_man_funk
12th Apr 2005, 12:23 PM
I've just updated Malcolm with CT4 support (i.e. Red, Blue, Green and Gold team skins) and I should be starting Arclite's body sometime soon, hopefully tonight. How about you other guys, how are your skins coming along?

:mwink:

old_man_funk

D3@thChild
12th Apr 2005, 07:12 PM
Very nice idea guys good job, I never searched any info on the characters on UC2 how many are there? the models on the pics you guys display are pretty high poly, skinning them isnt enough cos they are very different from their old ones. Btw can anyone post a pic of all of them? who knows I might give it a shot at one of the characters, at the moment i am making a model and some skins but if you guys need the help oh yeah Ill give it a shot.

old_man_funk
13th Apr 2005, 01:26 AM
the models on the pics you guys display are pretty high poly, skinning them isnt enough cos they are very different from their old ones. Btw can anyone post a pic of all of them?

Most of the detail can be recreated in the skin, it's only in a few rare cases that new models would be required and even then we could get around it by using our imagination a little (since none of the skins are going to perfect recreations of their UC2 counterparts anyway). As for posting a picture of all the models, there are too many to do that here. You can find all of them in Gamespot's image gallery for the game though. If you want to do one then feel free, but Malcolm, Arclite, Gorge, Sapphire, Brock and Lauren are already being worked on (I think :rolleyes: ).

old_man_funk

mmoose
13th Apr 2005, 02:34 AM
d3, funk's suggestion is worth checking out.

check www.unrealchampionship2.com, in the character section, there is a still render of the character, and a vid clip of them.

wait a week, and you can check them all out for yourself :)

Vailias
17th Apr 2005, 05:04 PM
.. current Lauren WIP.
The top looks more like vinyl than what I wanted, but i kinda like it. I'll see where it goes.
Yes normally I would be much farther than this but this is a side side project. ;)

old_man_funk
18th Apr 2005, 11:41 AM
That's starting to shape up really well V. I still haven't starting Arclite :/ I was thinking about maybe doing another character instead... I quite like Devastation (since there aren't many purple robots around :D )

Miko
21st Apr 2005, 11:28 AM
I have an idea that would work for brock but it would require some model hacking talent, I was thinking take Romulus or Remus's head off the normal model they are on and put it onto the new necris model from the bonus pack then reskin it and boom you have brock

Slaughter
21st Apr 2005, 11:44 AM
Its supposed to be a Skinpack only. :)

old_man_funk
21st Apr 2005, 12:09 PM
I have an idea that would work for brock but it would require some model hacking talent, I was thinking take Romulus or Remus's head off the normal model they are on and put it onto the new necris model from the bonus pack then reskin it and boom you have brock

It can also be done using the original Remus model and a bit of imagination :rolleyes:

Miko
21st Apr 2005, 12:12 PM
It can also be done using the original Remus model and a bit of imagination :rolleyes:

It can but it would look better doing it like the way i described it would work better and you wouldnt have to wait for a port or have to imagine all the time :(

old_man_funk
21st Apr 2005, 12:15 PM
True. But creating your content for a game that's an exact copy of something isn't always worth it. It's uncreative, and you'll never get it EXACTLY the same. A bit of imagination make things a lot easier and adds a bit of originality :D

Miko
21st Apr 2005, 12:18 PM
But i never said you got it exactly. but you do have it closer and it would be easier to get it close and knowing you were able to do such work with two completely different things to get a result of another different thing is sattifing.

Vailias
21st Apr 2005, 02:04 PM
It really depends on if all the little ammo boxes and crap can be taken off of remus via alpha without making holes in the mesh.
I stil like the new necris mesh a bit better. ;)

Edit: Just checked the Remus Mesh, and all the assorted accesories are removeable. :) looks like a winner for brock to me.

old_man_funk
21st Apr 2005, 03:47 PM
Maxunit']is this "project" still goin on?

Yeh I think so, dunno about the others but I'm still working on it. I've completley finished Malcolm and I'm gonna start Devastation after I do some more non-UC2 skins. Dunno when it'll be released though, since it's just a side-project for most of us...

old_man_funk

Vailias
23rd Apr 2005, 01:27 PM
Figured a WIP is in order. Not a whole lot of advancement in terms of texture space, but I got the leather look I was going for.

old_man_funk
25th Apr 2005, 03:29 PM
I'll release it seperatley if none of the other skinners mind not releasing all the skins at once.

old_man_funk
26th Apr 2005, 10:13 AM
Will it have CTF4-skin support? :)

I don't know about the others, but Malcolm does ;) :D

old_man_funk
26th Apr 2005, 02:18 PM
This looks extremely excellent, dudes. The malcolm is great and the gorge should be awesome. Not much of a fan of necris but lauren should appeal to necris fans. Looking great but being a skaarj fan I gotta say... were's da love?

I was thinking of doing the Skaarj Torgr, I'm really stuck for what I'll skin next. There are so many cool characters to choose from :D
Here's another screen of Malcolms finished skin btw.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/mfinal2.jpg

old_man_funk

Darth_Chaos
27th Apr 2005, 01:00 PM
I like the blue, has a nice saphire-esque tone.

Vailias
29th Apr 2005, 02:11 PM
Figured you guys might want an update
Closeups and full body shots attached.
Just the arms are left to skin. I'll likely do them today.

old_man_funk
30th Apr 2005, 05:44 AM
Release it as a teaser skin...
It might get some other people at polycount and the atari fora to join you...
Btw, has anyone pimped this idea on those other fora?!?

Yes, I've made a thread on the Atari forums.

Vailias
30th Apr 2005, 06:36 AM
Can you drop a linky please? :)
Lauren is done now. Actually needs a minor edit in a couple of places, but aside from those minor things she is done. This skin just looks great in motion. I can safely say its my best work to date. (See screenies for what I mean.)

old_man_funk
30th Apr 2005, 07:25 AM
Lauren looks great :D
Here's (http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=461638) the Atari forum topic.

D3@thChild
30th Apr 2005, 11:29 AM
Well I decided to take a shot at Brock if bo one is already working on him that is.
Heres a first wip of the face. :)

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=89153&stc=1

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=89154&stc=1

Miko
30th Apr 2005, 01:06 PM
Well I decided to take a shot at Brock if bo one is already working on him that is.
Heres a first wip of the face. :)

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=89153&stc=1

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=89154&stc=1

Its looking good so far. though im not to sure about the beard being there.

D3@thChild
30th Apr 2005, 01:39 PM
Its looking good so far. though im not to sure about the beard being there.

I only have a ref pic for him and the beard is there or at least it looks like a beard lol, if you have any ref pics that have his face more detailed feel frre to post them here please. ;)

Miko
1st May 2005, 10:04 AM
I only have a ref pic for him and the beard is there or at least it looks like a beard lol, if you have any ref pics that have his face more detailed feel frre to post them here please. ;)

I found a Nice Pic of him.

D3@thChild
1st May 2005, 12:06 PM
I found a Nice Pic of him.

lol thats the only pic I have from him, I dont like copying already made characters I just cant get it all right and takes much more time than if you were creating a new character from your own mind.

Im having big problems with the tats cos i dont know how they are exactely so this is gonna be pretty different from the original im sure.

a new update of the face, i dont have much free time but i will get there someday i guess :( .

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=89184&stc=1

old_man_funk
2nd May 2005, 09:52 AM
I found some references to the alternate characters in UC2, this means we can have some new characters like Judas (Brock's alt) and Calypso (Sapphire's alt). Some of them will only require new head skins on the main character's body, but some will require the body being edited as well (e.g. Sapphire's alt is a Necris). I'll post my findings when I've got as much as I can, so expect a big update that will add a (hopefully) wide number of choices for more skins.

old_man_funk

Kantham
2nd May 2005, 10:11 AM
woot deathchild , that skin looks ACE

old_man_funk
2nd May 2005, 10:54 AM
Ok, after a bit of research I've come up with ALL (I think) the alternate characters in UC2. Here are Brock and Sapphire's alt characters:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/judas.jpg

Judas; Brock's alt. Easy to do, so probably worth including. Only thing that needs done here is skinning the head.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/calypso.jpg

Calypso; Sapphire's alt. Not as easy as Judas, but hopefully all that would need to be done is recolouring of the clothing and making the flesh Necris-style with a few tatoos.

Other alternate characters are:

Arclite - Jackhammer (a new head, no body changes)
Szalor - Kraag (a LOT of work involved here, not worth it imho)
Raptor - Syzygy (a LOT of work involved here, not worth it imho)
Torgr - Garek (a new head, no body changes)
Sobek - Apophis (a LOT of work involved here, not worth it imho)
Anubis - Merc Anubis (a LOT of work involved here, but possible)
Lauren - Lilith (not very different from the other female Necris)
Selket - Necris Selket (not very different from the other female Necris)

That's them all, if anybody wants some screens of the alt charatcers then just ask and I'll TRY and get them.

Also:

Vailias if you want a gmail invite I can give you one - this will allow you to post on the Atari boards.

Does anybody think it's worth posting on the official UC2 forum? Maybe for a bit of publicity/the opinions of people who actually play the game?

old_man_funk

SaD
2nd May 2005, 12:57 PM
old_man ,
if you want some PR , send it to news@beyondunreal.com , point it to this thread and add some infos (whos working on what ...) . :)

Kantham
2nd May 2005, 01:01 PM
This and the weapons(equilibrated) , and you are GOD.

Actualy , there is a guy named Radiosity on the Unreal tournament 2003/2004 BUF that posted the ripjack from UC2 , and it is avalible to download.

Yea maybe , go ahead for the Official UC2 forum.

Lauren - Lilith

What?

Actualy , you won't see lauren with robotic legs and a big cone behind her head. :con:

Nines
2nd May 2005, 01:50 PM
Lilith is a necris in UC2. :)

old_man_funk
2nd May 2005, 02:25 PM
Lilith is a necris in UC2. :)

He's right, she looks like Calypso but with white hair rather than black.

LeGeNDaRy
2nd May 2005, 04:14 PM
This and the weapons(equilibrated) , and you are GOD.
Actualy , there is a guy named Radiosity on the Unreal tournament 2003/2004 BUF that posted the ripjack from UC2 , and it is avalible to download.

Here is the download guys - enjoy.

http://www.radiant-studios.net/junk/2K4ripjack_final.zip

Slaughter
2nd May 2005, 04:32 PM
Started Satins body :D
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/Dropkick60606/sap01.jpghttp://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/Dropkick60606/sap02.jpg

@Deathchild
I really like that head :)

@Vailias
Great work!

old_man_funk
2nd May 2005, 05:11 PM
Looks ace Slaughter :D
BTW, just finished up Malcolm's portrait. I was wondering if everyone would be kind enough to use this template I created (just to keep the skin pack consistent).

EDIT: Removed, I'm making a new/better one :rolleyes:

The skins are finally coming together guys, there's a fantastic amount of talent and effort present on the forum :D

old_man_funk

old_man_funk
3rd May 2005, 11:42 AM
I was wondering if everyone would be kind enough to use this template I created (just to keep the skin pack consistent).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/PortraitJPG.jpg

You'll find a 256x512, grey .tga version of the portrait attatched. Just edit the colour to your preferred choice :D

old_man_funk

KirinRiotCrash
3rd May 2005, 10:11 PM
Post some pictures on Selket so I have some reference to work from ... I'd like to take a whack at her just to see what she'll look like as the end product. Although, I'm going to laugh at her new hair-do when I finish with her. :lol: In otherwords, I might end up using the Diva/Memphis model if I do start on Selket ... unless someone else has a better model to use for Selket. :D

Vailias
4th May 2005, 01:45 AM
heh I was going to use Thanni from the ECE bonus pack, but actually Romulus works better.

BTW I think Im going to try my hand at apophis for this pack as well.

oh also if you can could you post, or send me, pics of the alternates? I think it might be cool to have at least for referance. We might be able to do a dual skinpack. Originals and alternates.

LeGeNDaRy
4th May 2005, 07:13 AM
Romulus works better? :/
He has all those cans and stuff on his chest, plus Thannis already had the clothes design and the body structure. But hey, you're the artist ;)

About Apophis : Would be wicked as hell if you can make him. It's gonna be hard though =/
Good luck!

Vailias
4th May 2005, 09:00 PM
All the belts and ammo boxes and such on romy are separate parts and have their own uv space, so they can be alphaed out. ;)

Here have a paintover to see how he could turn out. cant wait to see how DC handles it.

Vailias
8th May 2005, 05:44 AM
Apophis' head in progress.

old_man_funk
8th May 2005, 12:10 PM
Started working on Sobek:

**VERY WIP**

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/uswip1.jpg

old_man_funk

achromatic
8th May 2005, 01:10 PM
Hope you don't mind me jumping on the wagon but i've got a WIP version of anubis, based on the brock model:

http://freewebtown.com/moonpuppy/dump/anubis.jpg

crits please

old_man_funk
8th May 2005, 02:07 PM
achromatic, I love it! Can't wait to see the finished product!
Legendary, I'm working on Sobek (and other non-UC2 skins) so it would be a great help if rex did Devastation instead :D

old_man_funk

Miko
8th May 2005, 03:57 PM
I nominate Divisor/cathode model for Devistations skin, theres a large simularity

KirinRiotCrash
8th May 2005, 07:18 PM
Just want to let everyone know that I started up the plans to remake Selket. I have her pretty much drawn out on a printed wire mesh of the Diva/Memphis model. Although because the model looks young, Selket might look a little younger, say before the part where Anubis chickens out of the tournament.

achromatic
9th May 2005, 07:01 AM
update on anubis:
http://img89.echo.cx/img89/55/anubis28ue.jpg

daloonie
9th May 2005, 08:04 AM
Vailias you didn't have to delete your post. It's a nice screen ;)

http://www.liandriconflict.com/wallpapers/8_1024x768.jpg Apophis Wallpaper

Yeah the Cathode model will fit great to the specs of Devastation. :)
But does anyone have some frontal high res pics of Devastation? I can't work out from that small low-res movie on www.unrealchampionship2.com

Looking good achromatic ;)

Slaughter
9th May 2005, 09:53 AM
Heres a little update on Sapphire

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/Dropkick60606/sap.jpg

@achromatic
looks good.

@funk
sweet... :D

@Vailias
omfg that rocks!

Ill redo Gorge completely...i need some practice so i can keep up with you guys :)

Nines
9th May 2005, 10:37 AM
A suggestion to Slaughter about Gorge:

I know you've modified some of the original models.
And what I'm trying to say is; put Outlaws hair on Gorge, that way he'll look more like the UC2 Gorge. :)

That is, if any model modifications are allowed in this project.

KirinRiotCrash
9th May 2005, 11:23 AM
Vailias you didn't have to delete your post. It's a nice screen ;)

http://www.liandriconflict.com/wallpapers/8_1024x768.jpg Apophis Wallpaper

Yeah the Cathode model will fit great to the specs of Devastation. :)
But does anyone have some frontal high res pics of Devastation? I can't work out from that small low-res movie on www.unrealchampionship2.com

Looking good achromatic ;) I can hook up my Xbox to a TV tuner and try to take some shots for you later on this evening if you like.

old_man_funk
9th May 2005, 11:28 AM
I can hook up my Xbox to a TV tuner and try to take some shots for you later on this evening if you like.

That would be really sweet, if you could maybe take a few shots of Merc Anbuis as well please? :D :D :D

achromatic
9th May 2005, 12:23 PM
http://img198.echo.cx/img198/413/anubis6zs.jpg
coming along nicely..

KirinRiotCrash
10th May 2005, 12:11 PM
Here's some pictures of Devastation.

I'll upload some pics of Anubis soon.

Vailias
10th May 2005, 01:04 PM
hmm sweet referance

Btw Apophis is coming along.

KirinRiotCrash
10th May 2005, 08:31 PM
I started on Selket today ... she looks cute in that new hairdo. :lol:

KirinRiotCrash
11th May 2005, 12:21 PM
It better be bluish now ... :o

I haven't finished with that torso piece quite yet ... it still needs some gold stuff instead of grey stuff and some kind of gold design needs to go into the middle instead of blue marble.

achromatic
12th May 2005, 09:06 AM
the anubis mkII
http://img231.echo.cx/img231/3180/anubis3ja.jpg

achromatic
12th May 2005, 01:52 PM
changed skintone, removed stubble, added sixpack, redesigned chest emblem
http://img233.echo.cx/img233/3540/untitled1copy9wb.jpg

Vailias
12th May 2005, 10:53 PM
haven't seen the other ref's have you mutt. :P

By the same token Im not really feeling the anubis vibe achro. Good skin, interesting edit job, but just doesn't feel like the same character. There are too many differences and not enough similarities to te them together. Even the color schemes are different. Grab the anubis wallpaper from LiandriConflict.com and use it as at least a general ref.

Kirin: Not a bad start. Yes the eyes are too big and cartoony. Also There are a lot of referances for selket, see what you can do about her neck decor to bring it closer to the uc2 version. There is a lot of gold inlay.

:) Look forward to seeing all your progress.

vickissv3
13th May 2005, 12:58 AM
anyone know how the Gorge skin is comming? It actually looked promising and the Outlaw mohawk idea is awesome

old_man_funk
13th May 2005, 01:53 AM
Here are the 2 best images I found of Anbuis and Selket:

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/article/588/588345/unreal-championship-2-the-liandri-conflict-20050216054435999.jpghttp://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/article/542/542153/unreal-championship-2-the-liandri-conflict-20040825032331941.jpg

No offense guys, but I think they just don't look similar enough (I know we're going for a stylised look, but we need some similarity).

old_man_funk

achromatic
13th May 2005, 06:00 AM
thanks for the crits guys

that image is gonna help me so much.. thanks funk.

KirinRiotCrash
13th May 2005, 08:16 AM
Here are the 2 best images I found of Anbuis and Selket:

[]http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/article/588/588345/unreal-championship-2-the-liandri-conflict-20050216054435999.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/article/542/542153/unreal-championship-2-the-liandri-conflict-20040825032331941.jpg[/]

No offense guys, but I think they just don't look similar enough (I know we're going for a stylised look, but we need some similarity).

old_man_funk
Thanks OMF. I'm actually going for more of a stylized look instead of a direct-copy sort of thing. I'm obviously going to have to work around the shape of the model but I'll try to obtain some kind of similarity of the two ...hence the reason why I added "remix" to the filenames of my images. It's more like a remixed version of Selket.

KirinRiotCrash
13th May 2005, 08:24 AM
Got her armour down ... I should finish up with the rest of the torso by today and get myself started on the rest of the body.

daloonie
14th May 2005, 06:11 AM
Progress on Devastation.

Not much but it's something. I kindda gets confused by her eyes. Should I make her some blue eyes or make the "mask" in one complete piece of purple metal? Or like it is now(looks really bad IMO)?

I'm going to put a shader on her to make the purple metal shiny.

KirinRiotCrash
14th May 2005, 10:35 AM
Here's an update on Selket-chan.

Just finished her ab and leg regions this morning. I'll start working on her arm and the remaining pieces on her crotch later on today.

KirinRiotCrash
14th May 2005, 10:18 PM
Small update ... finished arms, crotch, and neck. Also fixed her boobs a bit ... Lookie!

old_man_funk
15th May 2005, 08:57 AM
Looks good. :)

I have the game, and I'm sorry to say it, but that face doesn't look like Selket. :hmm:

We're not going for an exact copy here, it's a slightly stylised skin pack :D

D3@thChild
15th May 2005, 02:50 PM
Heres some wips of the body for Brock but Ill have to tell you guys Im not going to continue this because of my lack of time, I will be out a couple of days so I wont pick up this skin for awhile. Vaillias can easilly skin this character for what Ive seen so maybe he can do it. In the meantime if i can find a bit of time for myself in this cruel life I will continue the skin Im making anyway. Hope to see this finished guys ;).

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=89441&stc=1

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=89442&stc=1

old_man_funk
15th May 2005, 04:14 PM
Heres some wips of the body for Brock but Ill have to tell you guys Im not going to continue this because of my lack of time, I will be out a couple of days so I wont pick up this skin for awhile. Vaillias can easilly skin this character for what Ive seen so maybe he can do it. In the meantime if i can find a bit of time for myself in this cruel life I will continue the skin Im making anyway. Hope to see this finished guys ;).

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=89441&stc=1

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=89442&stc=1

I'll do Brock if you want, my Sobek skin is turning into ****e anyway... this gives me a chance to start something fresh!

Wr4ith
15th May 2005, 08:14 PM
Brock doesn't have a beard.

~Death Dream~

Actually, in UC2 he does, but it's hardly visible.
I've been silently monitoring these works, and now I feel like saying something. They look great!
Brock is my fav. so far. I wanna see gorge finished, and anubis touched up. Selket looks nice too, besides the hair. I do think you should make the eyes a teeny bit smaller.
On a side note, I do have the game, so if it's possible I can take some pictures of characters in-game if you'd like.

KirinRiotCrash
16th May 2005, 03:50 AM
i believe someone is working on a UC2 weapon pack Miko ;) They have already realeased the Ripjack as a free taste, and damn is it good.

About the Selket, it looks a bit cartoony and out of all the skins in this topic it is the only one I don't like(sorry). The armor is looking good, but the face looks to cartoonish, I know your going for a stylized version, but it still needs to be improved more.
Thanks for pointing that out.

I actually intend to fix up her face before she ships out the door ... I'm not liking her face either. :lol:

EDIT: In addition to fixing up her face, I've been debating wether her hair should be blue like in the promo render (http://www.beyondunreal.com/gallery/albums/uc2art/selket.jpg) or black like in this UE3 render of her: http://www.epicgames.com/index_uc2.html ... what do you guys think? Blue or black? Which ink works the best?

Vailias
16th May 2005, 05:16 AM
heh If you aren't going to finish brock I'll see about making him up. Your version looks very good though. You can email me the psd if you want. Vailias@yahoo.com, or I can start from scratch. :) Cant wait to see these done. BTW are there any other good pics of apophis that anyone has found or taken?

old_man_funk
16th May 2005, 05:18 AM
heh If you aren't going to finish brock I'll see about making him up. Your version looks very good though. You can email me the psd if you want. Vailias@yahoo.com, or I can start from scratch. :) Cant wait to see these done. BTW are there any other good pics of apophis that anyone has found or taken?

If you're already busy with Apophis I'll do brock if you want :D

KirinRiotCrash
16th May 2005, 06:11 AM
I guess while we're at it, we should make a list of who's doing what and who's left to do ...

old_man_funk
16th May 2005, 06:13 AM
I guess while we're at it, we should make a list of who's doing what and who's left to do ...

I've finished Malcolm completely and I'm gonna start Brock sometime soon...

KirinRiotCrash
16th May 2005, 08:25 AM
An update!

I finished the cape, upper leg armour, the top piece of the boot, the knee, shoulder pads, and her belt (the front side is masked) ...

I plan on reworking her face a bit so it looks more natural but I haven't touched it yet.

old_man_funk
16th May 2005, 11:42 AM
Gimme some sugar baby!

Here's a WIP of Brock's head which is a total reskin, I'll be using NONE of the original Remus skin (so ignore the hair just now) and a clearer view of Malcolm's final skin.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/bwip1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/mfinal3.jpg

Keep up the good work guys, the quality of these skins is fantastic :D

old_man_funk

old_man_funk
16th May 2005, 01:25 PM
Update on Brock, just got to do the hair and ears and then it's onto the body.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/bwip2.jpg

Wr4ith
16th May 2005, 02:11 PM
Who ever was doing apophis, his armor is darker, almost grayish, rather than whiteish. Other than that, everything looks fine. Nice work OMF.

old_man_funk
16th May 2005, 04:21 PM
Finished Brock's head... moving onto the body now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/bwip4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/bwip3.jpg
not actual size

old_man_funk

Miko
16th May 2005, 04:23 PM
Exelent work my friend. My anticipation climbs.

Meatball01
16th May 2005, 04:49 PM
list(from what I've seen)

Character - Author
-------------------
Anubis - achromatic
Selket - KirinRiotCrash
Malcolm - old_man_funk
Arclite -
Torgr -
Apophis - Vailias
Devastation - the_rex
Gorge - TheSlaughter
Raptor -
Szalor -
Sapphire - TheSlaughter
Sobek -
Lauren - Vailias
Brock - old_man_funk
Raiden -

KirinRiotCrash
16th May 2005, 05:31 PM
I think I MIGHT do Arclite when I finish with Selket ... it's been a while since I've skinned a male model and since Arclite's full of metal, he should be fun to do.

Well ... that's if someone doesn't claim him before I finish of course.

old_man_funk
16th May 2005, 05:51 PM
I tried Arclite a while ago, I was following the UC2 version quite accuratley and it turned out to be a difficult one to skin... I'm confident that you'll succeed where I failed though :D

Anyway, I started Brock's body:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/bwip6.jpg

old_man_funk

Vailias
16th May 2005, 07:38 PM
:P Get rid of that belt.

Also have you abandoned Sobek OMF?

vickissv3
16th May 2005, 07:40 PM
I doubt epic would give him permission to use the original skin, but I could be wrong. Can we get a link please?

It was a PM from him, the developers post very regularly on the Epic board and seem to be quite flexable with things. so its not to hard to believe , especially since its for another epic game. Here's a link to where he originally posted the models a like a month ago:

http://forums.epicgames.com/message.asp?topic=18956889&start=18975921

old_man_funk
16th May 2005, 08:20 PM
:P Get rid of that belt.

Also have you abandoned Sobek OMF?

No and yes ;)

EDIT: Made some more progress on Brock.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/bwip7.jpg

Nines
17th May 2005, 01:37 AM
I don't like the look on Brock's face, he look suprised. :hmm:

Slaughter
17th May 2005, 01:58 AM
I don't like the look on Brock's face, he look suprised. :hmm:

I have to agree...The Texture is awesome, but he could use a more sinister and angry expression...he got his butt kicked by Gorge after all. :lol:

Nines
17th May 2005, 02:01 AM
:lol:

I know, create an animation for the face that makes Brock look pissed every time he sees Gorge. ;)

old_man_funk
17th May 2005, 05:21 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/bwip8.jpg

Almost finished, just got the hands and boots to do :D

old_man_funk

LeGeNDaRy
17th May 2005, 08:42 AM
More black in the eyes! ^^
It was awesome on that WIP of his face that you made

old_man_funk
17th May 2005, 03:28 PM
Finished Brock:

http://photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/bfinal.jpg

Nines
17th May 2005, 04:19 PM
It looks great, except it's too bright.

daloonie
17th May 2005, 04:58 PM
Why is some of Brocks clothes brown!? I recall the ref. pics of him being completely black/red leather!?
Else it looks pretty good. ;)

I'm almost about to give up on Devastation. I've ****ed her up badly and if I need to get a decent job I'll need to redo her from the bottom. Again... :(

old_man_funk
17th May 2005, 05:05 PM
Why is some of Brocks clothes brown!? I recall the ref. pics of him being completely black/red leather!?
Else it looks pretty good. ;)

Yeh, but I felt that the metal/armour needed more definition and contrast from the leather...

Death Dream
17th May 2005, 05:11 PM
No offence but I like D3@thChild's brock better my self.

~Death Dream~

old_man_funk
17th May 2005, 05:14 PM
No offence but I like D3@thChild's brock better my self.

~Death Dream~

Yeh I liked his as well, but I'm happy with the way this one turned out (I like it better than my Malcolm skin) :D

Slaughter
17th May 2005, 05:40 PM
Pls dont hate me :D
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/Dropkick60606/33833.jpg
Just a quick paintover.

The Skin looks great!

Brocks eyes make him look a bit old...and i think the eyelids stand out too much.
Its still great work tho...

old_man_funk
17th May 2005, 05:42 PM
Pls dont hate me :D
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/Dropkick60606/33833.jpg
Just a quick paintover.

The Skin looks great!

Brocks eyes make him look a bit old...and i think the eyelids stand out too much.
Its still great work tho...

I'll update it for release :D

Kantham
17th May 2005, 06:15 PM
I am ok with it, exelent job.

old_man_funk
18th May 2005, 06:02 AM
Updated the face and finished the team skins. Ingame screen coming soon :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/bfinal2.jpg

old_man_funk
18th May 2005, 08:43 AM
I think it's awesome, but I duno about that other color on the body, where it's supposed to be black. Face is off the hook, and yeah there's also tatoos on his arm

I tried it as all black originally, but then it's juts an unattractive black lump running around on screen... so I added some colour to give it contrast. As for the tattoos, they make his arms look messy and complicated. I might add some simple tattoos later, but I like it as it is just now.

old_man_funk
18th May 2005, 12:22 PM
Take DeathChild's body and put it with Old man's head and you got a good match.

~Death Dream~

It's a good idea, but I don't like the fact that his skin is photo-sourced...

KirinRiotCrash
18th May 2005, 03:41 PM
Update! I finished parts of her boot, the gauntlet, and reworked a piece of her leg armour. Once I finish with this texture, I'll be working on her new face.

achromatic
19th May 2005, 01:25 PM
anubis mk3
http://img66.echo.cx/img66/73/anubismk30xg.jpg

hopefully you guys will like it more now :D

KirinRiotCrash
19th May 2005, 04:12 PM
She's pretty much finished ... I tweaked her face a little bit ... just made the eyes a tad bit smaller ... all I have to do now is make her 4-teams and a Necris version and I'll call it a day. :)

I also changed the colour of her hair too ... I figured the regular version will have black hair while the Necris version will have Blue hair.

KirinRiotCrash
20th May 2005, 11:04 AM
Portraits!

I'll have ingame shots later on today.

old_man_funk
20th May 2005, 06:14 PM
Brock and Judas:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/jfinal1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/bfinal6.jpg

old_man_funk

KirinRiotCrash
20th May 2005, 07:06 PM
Here's some screenshots!

Enjoy!
Regular Selket:
http://v2.saphiria.net/images/skins/screenshots/selketremix00576.jpg
http://v2.saphiria.net/images/skins/screenshots/selketremix00573.jpg
http://v2.saphiria.net/images/skins/screenshots/selketremix00644.jpg
http://v2.saphiria.net/images/skins/screenshots/selketremix00607.jpg
http://v2.saphiria.net/images/skins/screenshots/selketremix00632.jpg
http://v2.saphiria.net/images/skins/screenshots/selketremix00616.jpg

Necris Selket:
http://v2.saphiria.net/images/skins/screenshots/selketremix00555.jpg
http://v2.saphiria.net/images/skins/screenshots/selketremix00551.jpg
http://v2.saphiria.net/images/skins/screenshots/selketremix00624.jpg
http://v2.saphiria.net/images/skins/screenshots/selketremix00640.jpg
http://v2.saphiria.net/images/skins/screenshots/selketremix00656.jpg
http://v2.saphiria.net/images/skins/screenshots/selketremix00588.jpg

old_man_funk
21st May 2005, 09:27 AM
http://v2.saphiria.net/images/skins/screenshots/selketremix00551.jpg

Love the Necris version :D :D

old_man_funk
22nd May 2005, 04:35 AM
I think this is what we got so far:

Malcolm - FINISHED
Brock - FINISHED
Lauren - FINISHED
Sapphire - WIP
Gorge - WIP
Apophis - WIP
Anubis - WIP
Selket - FINISHED
Necris Selket - FINISHED
Judas - FINISHED

EDIT: I don't think we need any more Necris skins, we've got 4 out of the 6 Necris characters in UC2 now.

[IrT]-Lance
22nd May 2005, 11:17 AM
OMF, some time ago you said Malcolm'll use a self-illumination shader. That means like those lines will glow, right?

old_man_funk
22nd May 2005, 12:32 PM
-Lance']OMF, some time ago you said Malcolm'll use a self-illumination shader. That means like those lines will glow, right?

Yup :D

achromatic
22nd May 2005, 07:12 PM
http://img267.echo.cx/img267/1286/anubis9oq.jpg
anubis main skin finished.
updated the head a lot and finished off the armour.

Onto team colours..

achromatic
22nd May 2005, 07:16 PM
and here's the headshot and front view:
http://img266.echo.cx/img266/441/anu8bh.jpg

achromatic
22nd May 2005, 07:46 PM
he has part of his legs exposed and the rest in under a dark coloured half-trouser.

sort of like chaps, i tried to skin them but it looked too messy so i left it full trouser

KirinRiotCrash
22nd May 2005, 08:10 PM
The flesh tone between the forehead and the rest of the face doesn't look right ... his forehead seems brighter for some odd reason.

Death Dream
22nd May 2005, 09:55 PM
Ok here are a few pics I found that might be handy. Including Laurn's back which I'm not sure you guys have yet.

~Death Dream~

KirinRiotCrash
22nd May 2005, 11:33 PM
I'm not sure if we're allowed to make Raiden in this pack. I do believe we could remake everyone else but not Raiden since he's from "another realm".

Kantham
22nd May 2005, 11:40 PM
Raiden is from Mortal combat i take it?

Why the hell he is in UC2!

vickissv3
23rd May 2005, 01:29 AM
because Midway is the new publisher for Unreal games and they also publish Mortal Kombat. Story wise , hes there to find the stongest warrior which he can bring back to the MK realm to fight for the earthrealm.

btw: will Gorge ever see the light of day? I mean he broke malcalm's back and killed brock , yet he doesn't get enough respect to be finished before them ?!?! lol

Slaughter
23rd May 2005, 09:33 AM
Im busy with some other stuff...this is still a sideproject for me.
But ill see what i can do.

achromatic
23rd May 2005, 11:50 AM
http://img58.echo.cx/img58/3599/redblue3ja.jpg
blue/red

Death Dream
23rd May 2005, 12:05 PM
I figured he wasn't possible but I still thought I should post him. I mean look at that hat on that guy, no one has a hat shaped like that in ut.

Anyways I want to see gorge and davasation.

~Death Dream~

old_man_funk
23rd May 2005, 03:36 PM
Are there any particular characters that people want skinned? I can't think of any more myself, so if not then I'll get on with some of my non-UC2 stuff.

Da Spadger
23rd May 2005, 05:24 PM
Devastation!

vickissv3
23rd May 2005, 05:31 PM
Szalor

Miko
23rd May 2005, 05:34 PM
Raptor (using a genmo or a skarrj as a base model)

Death Dream
23rd May 2005, 05:37 PM
I already asked for mine lol.

~Death Dream~

old_man_funk
23rd May 2005, 05:39 PM
I already asked for mine lol.

~Death Dream~

Gorge and Devastation are already being worked on dude ;)

Death Dream
23rd May 2005, 10:20 PM
I know, I just want to see updates.

~Death Dream~

Vailias
23rd May 2005, 10:49 PM
BTW yes I have that one of lauren. I used a variation on that back tat for the back of her jacket on my skin as well as on her left arm. ;)

Also I would like to try and find a way to work raiden in. Even if he requires a separate model. :heheh:

daloonie
24th May 2005, 01:41 AM
I know, I just want to see updates.

~Death Dream~

I'll give you some of Devastation in the near future ;)

old_man_funk
24th May 2005, 11:07 AM
I'll give you some of Devastation in the near future ;)

Looking forward to it :D

Death Dream
24th May 2005, 11:25 AM
Great. Can't wait.

~Death Dream~

Wr4ith
24th May 2005, 02:35 PM
Sobek, if possible. Maybe you could use torch.

old_man_funk
24th May 2005, 02:36 PM
Sobek, if possible. Maybe you could use torch.

I started a Sobek skin a while ago, but I don't really the character very much so I kinda gave up :rolleyes:

KirinRiotCrash
24th May 2005, 02:48 PM
Just want to let you know that I started on Arclite ... nothing worth showing yet but I'm starting on his body instead of his head this time.

Personally, I don't like playing as Arclite ... I'm more of a Gorge person myself but I think this one is going to be fun to skin ... except I can't help but think that the UC2 Arclite is more buff-looking than the UT2003/4 Arclite.

old_man_funk
24th May 2005, 04:35 PM
Just want to let you know that I started on Arclite ... nothing worth showing yet but I'm starting on his body instead of his head this time.

Personally, I don't like playing as Arclite ... I'm more of a Gorge person myself but I think this one is going to be fun to skin ... except I can't help but think that the UC2 Arclite is more buff-looking than the UT2003/4 Arclite.

Sounds good Kirin :D
Did you get that email I sent you btw?

KirinRiotCrash
24th May 2005, 05:07 PM
Yeah. I did! I'll get you those portraits done as soon as I can. If possible, I'd like the other skinners in the project to send me their skins as well so I could make more presentable portraits. The colour background of the UC2 base portrait will be based on the colour in the promo render unless you say otherwise.

Wr4ith
24th May 2005, 05:30 PM
I started a Sobek skin a while ago, but I don't really the character very much so I kinda gave up :rolleyes:

>.< BAD!
Sobek is a really cool character...anyway, let's see who else may be possible...Raptor would be nice, and Gorge and Arclite are in production, I see.
If I could learn to skin like you all do, I would make sobek. >.<

KirinRiotCrash
24th May 2005, 07:39 PM
You know what? I just realized that Raptor is a female robot?

I was just playing a while ago and when I was about to do my Coup de Grace move on Raptor, the announcer said "Finish Her" and I was like "WTF?! Raptor is a woman?!"

Kantham
24th May 2005, 07:49 PM
Maybe a bug :lol:

Wr4ith
24th May 2005, 08:16 PM
Nah, raptor is a he/she. It says her, but the upper part of the body is maleish. The hips and feet are clearly female.
It was designed to be both, so...:/

Vailias
24th May 2005, 09:55 PM
I've been thinking of tackleing Sobek after I finish apophis.

Lei Hng Wei
25th May 2005, 12:27 AM
I mean look at that hat on that guy, no one has a hat shaped like that in ut.

This guy (http://unrealtournament2004.filefront.com/file/Pandarian_Brewster;32006) does. ;)

daloonie
25th May 2005, 09:52 AM
Progress on Devastation. I'm slowly moving forward.
I know the head and body is kindda off in it's tones but I'll fix that when I come to that part.

I need some feedback on her stomach. I personally think it turned out nicely afterall and fits ok compared to the UC2 version.

vickissv3
25th May 2005, 10:50 AM
awesome , one of the most accurate so far

Death Dream
25th May 2005, 11:52 AM
Cool Rex! I love how the belly is turning out.

~Death Dream~

D3@thChild
25th May 2005, 01:55 PM
It's a good idea, but I don't like the fact that his skin is photo-sourced...

Well the armor part is from a ref pic i have yes, but if you guys want Ill make one myself, i just want him to be the closest possible to the original, I dont like it being photo sourced eihter but I think it looks nice and thats my objective. :rolleyes:

Ive been out for some days and for what i see the skin from old_man_funk is very good, anyway im gonna keep skinning mine and the photo sourced armor will come off if you guys dont like it the tats and drawings on his armor are a bit hard to copy so this will obviously become a hard task.

Some wips of how it looks now, the head is finished and the body is about 45%.

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=89577&stc=1

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=89578&stc=1

Miko
25th May 2005, 01:58 PM
*kidnaps death child and does some random things to him for making such an exelent skin* I think i like this one better

old_man_funk
25th May 2005, 02:07 PM
I like it DC... but as I said before, there are a lot of distortions in the skin because it's photosourced. The front view highlights this: the 3D model is facing forward but the 2D texture is at a completley different angle. I would suggest trying to skin it yourself, even if you use this skin as a reference and all you're doing is fixing the perspective. It has the potential to be a great skin, but the copy-and-pasted texture really lets it down.

D3@thChild
25th May 2005, 02:20 PM
I distorted it to fit properly but if you dont like it then Ill make my own then ;) .

Wr4ith
25th May 2005, 03:01 PM
Well, do both. I personally think the photo-sourced one will look better-his face and armor look very nice.

Nines
25th May 2005, 03:39 PM
I like DC's face more that OMF's, however, I like OMF's body more, except it's too bright.
The best thing would be to combine them;
Take DC's head and put it on a darkened version of OMF's body.

:)

EDIT: Oh, and OMF's body needs tattoes. It's a must-have!

Death Dream
25th May 2005, 05:51 PM
I love it DC. If you skin isn't accepted in this skin pack and you don't release it please send it to me!

~Death Dream~

old_man_funk
25th May 2005, 06:22 PM
Kirin just finished portraits for my 3 skins, I have to say they are awesome!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/mfinal4.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/bfinal7.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/jfinal2.jpg

old_man_funk

Kantham
25th May 2005, 06:56 PM
Yes they are :)

[IrT]-Lance
25th May 2005, 08:17 PM
:lol: Awesome, OMF! :lol:

I've always wanted to know how to pose characters for portraits. Do u have to use maya or some other 3D modelling program? Like on the character in my avatar (I made it myself. like it?) I just used the UnrealEd animations tool and froze an animation, and then printscreened and edited it so on...

LeGeNDaRy
25th May 2005, 10:24 PM
Wow I love DeathChild's Brock... Do the same with me if it's not accepted in the UC2 pack... Send it to me :)
If only you added old_man_funk's head onto that... :eek:

KirinRiotCrash
25th May 2005, 10:28 PM
I like the face, D3@thChild but that armour really does have to go. It just looks strange on that model.

I don't but I think you and OMF could collaborate on Brock ... you know! Pick the best of both worlds!

Vailias
25th May 2005, 11:59 PM
Personally I think the armor looks great, ecept for a few distortions on it, it looks good, and closer to the UC2 model anyway. As much as I support the "inspired by" idea, I 'm of the opinion that the skins should be as close to the UC2 types as possible.

KirinRiotCrash
26th May 2005, 12:32 AM
Agreed Vailias ... Sure the models looks different but try to get them as close as possible. This is supposed to be a group-effort, mang! ;)

old_man_funk
26th May 2005, 03:55 AM
Why not just put both skins in the pack? :D

Vailias
26th May 2005, 05:17 AM
:P I wasn't just talking to you OMF.
But sure, why not put in all comers who get even close to the mark. I'd like to have the diversity of effort and names in this pack as much as the closeness of the skins to their X-Box counterparts. Its more a community thing that way.

<-- likes teams.

old_man_funk
26th May 2005, 05:19 AM
:P I wasn't just talking to you OMF.
But sure, why not put in all comers who get even close to the mark. I'd like to have the diversity of effort and names in this pack as much as the closeness of the skins to their X-Box counterparts. Its more a community thing that way.

<-- likes teams.

I wasn't talking to you either :P

SaD
26th May 2005, 08:39 AM
Fantastic Portraits Kirin :tup:

old_man_funk
26th May 2005, 10:07 AM
Hey can I ask everyone to post an update now please? Just a few details on how your skins are coming along and what you have planned for the future, so I now how close the pack is coming to be completed. Thanks.

I've got Malcolm, Brock and Judas completely finished: that's skins, team skins, portraits all done and ingame.

old_man_funk

daloonie
26th May 2005, 10:51 AM
Hmmm

Need to finish Devastation completely. No progress since last update pics.
ETA hmm maximum 2 weeks. Next Friday if I'm lucky ;)
She isn't ingame but for that I'll need some info:
Is there a common custom species for these skins? "Unreal Championship 2" for example?

old_man_funk
26th May 2005, 10:54 AM
Is there a common custom species for these skins? "Unreal Championship 2" for example?

Personally, I use 'UC2' as the custom species and I also put (UC2) at the end of their names e.g. Malcolm(UC2) or Brock(UC2).

[IrT]-Lance
26th May 2005, 09:01 PM
Also, has ne1 started on Raptor?

old_man_funk
27th May 2005, 07:32 AM
-Lance']Also, has ne1 started on Raptor?

I don't think so.

Slaughter
27th May 2005, 11:58 AM
The head is totally different...you cant do much with robots anyway.

Gorge 30% Finished
Sapphire 60% Finished

Miko
27th May 2005, 03:50 PM
I always get bored of something so i decided i was going to do 2 things
One. I gave good old Gorge Outlaw's mohawk with some tweeks.
Two. Id post the PSK here but .... i want to see what everyone thinks first

Miko
27th May 2005, 09:04 PM
^^ welll heres gorges ugly fat ass with a mohawk

Miko
28th May 2005, 01:02 AM
Id like to announce that i may have found a solution for raptor. use rapier wiht a xan head and skarrj or genmo dreds.. it would work out very well in my opionion

Slaughter
28th May 2005, 06:52 AM
I think itll be better if we keep it a skinpack only.

old_man_funk
28th May 2005, 07:00 AM
Yeh a skinpack would be best.

old_man_funk
29th May 2005, 06:43 AM
Screenshots!

Malcolm and Brock (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/p1.jpg)
Malcolm and Necris Selket (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/p2.jpg)
Selket (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/p3.jpg)
Necris Selket (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/p4.jpg)
Judas (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/p5.jpg)
Brock and Necris Selket (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/p6.jpg)
Brock and Selket (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/p7.jpg)

old_man_funk

vickissv3
2nd Jun 2005, 09:35 AM
i think brock and loren are gonna be iron guard , that would be kool. Also I hope they keep cannonball for ut2k7 he seemed like he was gonna play a bigger role in the UT storyline before the game came out , since he was in a lot of promo stuff

MxX
2nd Jun 2005, 09:39 AM
i think brock and loren are gonna be iron guard , that would be kool. Also I hope they keep cannonball for ut2k7 he seemed like he was gonna play a bigger role in the UT storyline before the game came out , since he was in a lot of promo stuff
you`re right, cannonball should be there again *g*
and what about a woman (Sapphire?) winning UT2k7? Would be funny, well the standart char will give the answers *g*

old_man_funk
2nd Jun 2005, 03:06 PM
Any updates guys?

[IrT]-Lance
2nd Jun 2005, 07:57 PM
you`re right, cannonball should be there again *g*
and what about a woman (Sapphire?) winning UT2k7? Would be funny, well the standart char will give the answers *g*

I dunno but Sapphire (and Motig) was on the UT2k3 cover

daloonie
3rd Jun 2005, 01:03 PM
Time for an update on Devastation.
http://img34.echo.cx/img34/8995/devapromo26ze.th.jpg (http://img34.echo.cx/my.php?image=devapromo26ze.jpg)http://img156.echo.cx/img156/7673/devapromo18ar.th.jpg (http://img156.echo.cx/my.php?image=devapromo18ar.jpg)http://img268.echo.cx/img268/1237/devapromo01ep.th.jpg (http://img268.echo.cx/my.php?image=devapromo01ep.jpg)

Bloodwolf806
3rd Jun 2005, 01:48 PM
So far so good!

Death Dream
3rd Jun 2005, 07:47 PM
Ya thats looking great so far.

~Death Dream~

KirinRiotCrash
3rd Jun 2005, 07:50 PM
Looking good rex. Are you going to make the other arm look different or are you going to mirror it?

Death Dream
3rd Jun 2005, 07:51 PM
Who snapped whos spine? (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/Dropkick60606/gorgerocks.jpg) :D

Hey Slaughter is it alright if I use that picture on a wallpaper of mine? Im taking it that you made that picture.

~Death Dream~

Slaughter
3rd Jun 2005, 08:52 PM
Sure.

daloonie
4th Jun 2005, 01:42 PM
Looking good rex. Are you going to make the other arm look different or are you going to mirror it?

I'm going to mirror it. But as for now it isn't finished, that arm, so untill then it's only one arm. :p

Wr4ith
5th Jun 2005, 05:25 PM
Anymore updates? :/

[IrT]-Lance
6th Jun 2005, 07:08 PM
And yeah, you're definately gonna have to slap a glossy shader on 'er (I mean like a new car kind of glossy) or else she won't look right. Lookin' gr8 guys!

daloonie
7th Jun 2005, 01:17 AM
A glossy shader is being worked on for Devastation so don't worry it will be there ;) :)

Vailias
7th Jun 2005, 05:52 AM
finally got a chance to get back to this. The real game project needed some attention, as in 2 new models skinned.

OMF: I'll have lauren in the email to you later today.

Apophis should be done soon. I'm going to see if I can't bang the rest of him out after I wake up, but I need to sleep now or tomorrow just won't go well.

current progress on the legs attached.

Wr4ith
7th Jun 2005, 08:55 AM
Looking really nice, however, did you darken the face? Last pic you showed his mask was all white. :(

daloonie
9th Jun 2005, 11:25 AM
A pic of what the shader is going to look like, just a temporary one. Still not finished but it should be soon.

http://img144.echo.cx/img144/620/devapromo3shadereffect8or.th.jpg (http://img144.echo.cx/my.php?image=devapromo3shadereffect8or.jpg)

Wr4ith
9th Jun 2005, 04:24 PM
A pic of what the shader is going to look like, just a temporary one. Still not finished but it should be soon.

http://img144.echo.cx/img144/620/devapromo3shadereffect8or.th.jpg (http://img144.echo.cx/my.php?image=devapromo3shadereffect8or.jpg)

Really like the devastation. Can't wait to see the final product. GL! :D

[IrT]-Lance
10th Jun 2005, 10:46 PM
Looking really nice, however, did you darken the face? Last pic you showed his mask was all white. :(

You mean that pic on pg 5 right? Yeah, I agree.

PS: Man, almost no posts in 18 hrs. C'mon guys! ;)

Vailias
11th Jun 2005, 03:37 AM
For what I have been doing click Here (http://ccforums.mechnex.net/index.php?showtopic=9704&st=0) Here (http://ccforums.mechnex.net/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=3245) and Here (http://ccforums.mechnex.net/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=3244)

yes the mask was white, as I only have a single referance pic of apophis (as I mentioned), hence why these are all Work In Progress posts. I do want to finish apophis as fast as I can so I can go back to my game work which I have been somewhat neglecting. I only have his feet and arms to go now. Hopefully it will go quickly.

Rincewiend
12th Jun 2005, 03:33 PM
Lookin' good people!

old_man_funk
13th Jun 2005, 10:37 AM
Ok guys, time to finish this pack up. I've got 5 skins so far, I'm gonna make it 8 skins in the pack since that's the number of characters in each 'team' (i.e. Skaarj, Thundercrash, etc). So, the next 3 people to finish and send me their skins will have them included in the pack. The others can do what they want with their skins... release them individually if you want :D

MxX
13th Jun 2005, 10:54 AM
Ok guys, time to finish this pack up. I've got 5 skins so far, I'm gonna make it 8 skins in the pack since that's the number of characters in each 'team' (i.e. Skaarj, Thundercrash, etc). So, the next 3 people to finish and send me their skins will have them included in the pack. The others can do what they want with their skins... release them individually if you want :D

.....or give them a 2nd part ;)

LeGeNDaRy
13th Jun 2005, 12:43 PM

the_rex - You better hurry up with Devastation! =P

daloonie
13th Jun 2005, 01:37 PM
She's finished now.
I only need to make a screenie and put her ingame. And TC's :rolleyes:

Death Dream
13th Jun 2005, 02:19 PM
Well this is a bit od but is nicly done. Well most of it. Its Necris Lauren from UC2. Check it out. http://unrealtournament2004.filefront.com/file/Necris_Lauren;43045

~Death Dream~

daloonie
13th Jun 2005, 03:07 PM
Well I'm done with Devastation now to packing and sending it. And post the Portrait I made for her here ;)

http://img56.echo.cx/img56/4425/piccopy3gt.jpg

LeGeNDaRy
13th Jun 2005, 03:09 PM
You owned it bro =0
Awesome Job!

old_man_funk
13th Jun 2005, 04:16 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/oldmanfunk/dfinal.jpg

Great skin :D

Wr4ith
13th Jun 2005, 04:25 PM
Hopefully we'll see gorge and anubis. :eek:

Miko
13th Jun 2005, 05:02 PM
the good news here. at least we wont have to worry about devestation using head turret nor do we have to worry about malcolms homming and sentenals