To admins: Think it could be done?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
H

Haades`FW

After 1 month of forum use here, I've found out that lots of questions come back oftens.. Think this could be done: Insert a FAQ Link on the main Forum page, to the most asked question regarding UT?

Like: How to show FPS, how to play demo, places to get tips to decrease our ping (like speedguide.net), etc.

We could add all the infos that could be made into this faq here, on this thread.

Haades`FW

Skumboy

Jun 3, 2000
Visit site
Great idea. I have one:
"How do i play original Unreal levels with UT?"

I think i have seen that asked on here about 15 times

bullet2.gif

"Any astronomer can predict with absolute accuracy just where every star in the universe will be at 11:30 tonight. He can make no such prediction about his teenage daughter." -- James T. Adams

Send articles/rants/editorials to The Soundoff, home of the world-famous Llama Farm

[Ci]Skumboy|PuF

[BuF]Wacky

Mar 24, 2000
Glasgow, UK
imperialconflict.iscool.net
How about these:

Q. What is PuF?
A. PuF stands for Planet Unreal Forum. PuF was founded on Dec 14th 99. PuF is not a clan, it’s main purpose is merely to identify one another when we are all hanging out on the servers.

Q. The advanced options have disappeared! I can’t find them.
A. On the UT main screen select Tools->System Consol then type “Preferences” without the quotes.

Q. How do I remove the into movie?
A. Open your UT.ini file located in the Unreal Tournament\System folder and under
change the following LocalMap=City...like screwing for virginity"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[BuF]Wacky

Mar 24, 2000
Glasgow, UK
imperialconflict.iscool.net
I think that there should be 3 FAQs.
<OL TYPE=1>
<LI>General Unreal Tournament Questions
<LI>Troubleshooting
<LI>UnrealEd
</OL>

ukliam3.gif
boldblue.gif
boldlblue.gif
boldpurple.gif
boldred.gif
bounce.gif
ukliam2.gif

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
Actually, the idea of a forum FAQ has already been suggested.

Maybe it should be put in the FAQ too?

It is a good suggestion.

bullet2.gif

Freaking out on electric meat.

[This message has been edited by Morety (edited 04-28-2000).]

H

Haades`FW

I'm talking about an UT FAQ, linked to the forums. Lots of ppl just come into forums to ask questions before checking FAQ on other sites, like planetunreal. If a FAQ was linked on the main forum page, people may look at it 1st.

Wacky has posted the kind of questions/answers I think should belong there..

in 2 weeks, I think I've seen more than 7 post about timedemo =)

Haades`FW

gramps

Mar 27, 2000
www.crookram.net
hey thanks Wacky! i didn't know about that FOV feature :) ...is that like "behindview 1"? oh wth, i'll just try it out.

/me hides his ashamed newbie butt in a dark corner ;)

bullet2.gif

gramps|PuF

pride is a luxury.

H

Haades`FW

gramps: this let you do a kind of zoom, or inverse..
but in multiplayer, lots of servers disable this feature for clients, letting this on fov 90

(to zoom, go below 90)

Haades`FW

H

Haades`FW

I would also add links to the most asked MOD/Patch out there, like Strike Force, RA, Infiltration.

Where, to find the PuF Homepage/channel

How to makes Voice Packs working

Why UT runs twice when starting it =)

Haades