PDA

View Full Version : new map

craze
3rd Apr 2005, 11:21 PM
alright, i have made this new map, and i need a name, tell me what you think...

http://craze42.gotdns.com/uwrl-new.ut2

bobnine
4th Apr 2005, 05:48 AM
Downloading at the moment,layout looks good from screenshot,cant quite figre out what the theme is from that top down view though.

bobnine
4th Apr 2005, 06:09 AM
Finished downloading,I still cant see what the theme is.You have the basic track layout done,now you need to add a skybox,lighting,and decorations.Make it more than a box with a track in it.
The only name I can think of right now is UWRL-Incomplete.
Sorry for being so harsh but,at the moment,there isn't much to comment on.

craze
4th Apr 2005, 06:18 PM
what did you think of the track layout? (you did race it, right?)

bobnine
5th Apr 2005, 12:51 AM
It was good

ProjectX
5th Apr 2005, 02:24 AM
I played it last night, the only thing that I thought should be changed is there should be some turns/altitude changes in the straights, they're really long and can be quite boring just to drive along

craze
5th Apr 2005, 10:17 PM
I played it last night, the only thing that I thought should be changed is there should be some turns/altitude changes in the straights, they're really long and can be quite boring just to drive along
ok i added some stuff, the link now goes to the updated version

Malibu Barbie
6th Apr 2005, 06:43 PM
Downloading right now, but this begs the question: Where are them holes? ;-)

craze
7th Apr 2005, 07:00 PM
ok i added some stuff, the link now goes to the updated version
updated again

craze
9th Apr 2005, 12:27 AM
updated again
updated again

Kantham
9th Apr 2005, 12:47 AM
I can see alot of holes in the map only from the screenies.

craze
9th Apr 2005, 12:54 AM
I can see alot of holes in the map only from the screenies.
thats the pic from the FIRST version, the 4th version is ALOT better.

Kantham
9th Apr 2005, 12:55 AM
The 4th version , :hmm:

post a pic of the newer version , i'll tell you.

craze
9th Apr 2005, 01:01 AM
The 4th version , :hmm:

post a pic of the newer version , i'll tell you.
ok

bobnine
9th Apr 2005, 06:13 PM
You should add some buildings or something in those big empty spaces that surround the track.

craze
22nd Apr 2005, 06:02 PM
ok i updated again, srry snipe for bein 2 days late :/
i actualy made a layout change in this version the link again is
(if my site dosent work tell me, ive been having problems)

JACK SH!T
28th Apr 2005, 11:11 PM
ok i updated again, srry snipe for bein 2 days late :/
i actualy made a layout change in this version the link again is
(if my site dosent work tell me, ive been having problems)
Can you change your link to show a few screen shots, and then a d/l link?
I like to see what I'm getting before I d/l it....

craze
7th May 2005, 06:53 PM
ok this is prolly gonna be the last update, I fixed the track, and added some rails and it shouldnt be that hard to figure out how you drive on the track...........
yeah, well here it is
http://craze42.gotdns.com/UWRL-craze.ut2
(yes, i know the download rate is crappy)

sniperman, if you think my map is worthy, would you mind putting it on your server for tonights burnout?

craze
7th May 2005, 07:04 PM
pictures

bobnine
7th May 2005, 07:39 PM
ok this is prolly gonna be the last update

Last update?,does that mean its finished?,but everything is still unlit,and its still called new,I thaught this was a temporary name.I think this map looks far from finished.

craze
7th May 2005, 07:53 PM
i saoid prolly.... that means maby, so, if i am just toooo lazy i wont finish it but i might update it again, and its called 'craze'(yeah.....)and i decided to fix 2-3 things shortly after i edited it so i should prolly edit it again, there will will be 1 mor update 2 if i have troubble, but think of this a ver 0.89

dose light in a skybox effect the lvl? + i wanna add some fog (the damn stuff(fog) givess mr bsp errors)

bobnine
7th May 2005, 10:02 PM
Only a sunlight will affect lighting in the level,when in the skybox.
How does fog give you bsp errors,
you have a skybox so fog shouldnt give you a hall of mirrors effect or anything,unless the fog is occluding the fake backdrops,which will stop the game from rendering the skybox,
the only way I know of to fix that is to make a fake backdrop that isn't so far away it gets occluded by the fog.

craze
8th May 2005, 09:25 PM
right, here is a huge lighting update.

craze
10th May 2005, 07:15 PM
ok heres a pic of the lit ver :D :D :biggrin2: :404: :lock: :crazydance: (2 many smiles ehh?)

Kantham
10th May 2005, 07:25 PM
Ok , but the skybox is cruel to the theme.

stevenhorton
10th May 2005, 10:14 PM
Definately better than before:) You may not even need a backgroung image in your skybox, set the walls of the skybox to the same color as the fog with a constantcolor. Go to the texture browser, then file, new, and pick constantColor from the bottom drop down list; it should say shader before you change it. Then click new, now you can set the color to the same 3 numbers that defines your fog. Then apply the constantcolor to the skybox walls and ceiling:)

ProjectX
11th May 2005, 02:13 AM
Definately better than before:) You may not even need a backgroung image in your skybox, set the walls of the skybox to the same color as the fog with a constantcolor. Go to the texture browser, then file, new, and pick constantColor from the bottom drop down list; it should say shader before you change it. Then click new, now you can set the color to the same 3 numbers that defines your fog. Then apply the constantcolor to the skybox walls and ceiling:)

I always reckon that that looks boring. I usually make a sky box with a fog ring.