3355 patch question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

menelik_seth

a.k.a 'Youngblood'
Currently I have Unreal Tournament 2004 installed, patched to 3399 in the following manner:

Clean install -> winpatch3323 -> ECEBonusPack -> winpatch3339

It works well, haven't had any hiccups whatsoever. Now there's a new patch released (old news, I know, but I haven't been online much... actually today I logon to find that a whole bunch of apps I have are all poppin up with 'update notices'... *sigh*).

Anyway, I wish to know if this new patch will affect any mods I have installed.

The current mods that I play are:

Alienswarm
ChaosUT
Damnation
Deathball
Jailbreak
Metaball
Neotokyo
Unwheel

I wouldn't want to install the latest patch if it is incompatible, and disables or corrupts any of these mods... So, wat's up doc? Is it okay to install this patch or should I ignore it?

Also, is there an update for the dedicated server, altho I haven't installed it yet (dedicatedserver33390bonuspack), I plan to host some LAN games with it... will ppl with the latest update patch be able to connect to the server?

Thanks for your time and consideration...

haarg

PC blowticious
Apr 24, 2002
Over there
The mods will most likely work fine with the new patch. If they don't, however, you can easily reinstall the 3339 patch without causing any problems.
Also, is there an update for the dedicated server, altho I haven't installed it yet (dedicatedserver33390bonuspack), I plan to host some LAN games with it... will ppl with the latest update patch be able to connect to the server?
Yes. All versions of UT2004 are network compatible with each other.

menelik_seth

a.k.a 'Youngblood'
Awesome :D thnx for the quick reply bro!

I'll run a test at home as soon as I download the update, and let y'all know how it went. I don't get much actual ONLINE gaming cuz my net just plain sux0rz... but I'll soon remedy that. So for now, all I'll be able to tell ya is whether or not the mod runs and can play with bots.

I'll keep y'all posted ASAP... between two jobs its hard to get online, let alone find the time (and the energy) to game...

I wanna build a time machine, go back to the exact moment when I was a kid saying how I wish I was a grownup... and slap myself...