PDA

View Full Version : Envy Beta????

TalonHunter
31st Mar 2005, 07:04 AM
I'm sure a lot of people on the BU forums would like to know...

How can we get on the ENVY Beta??? Who can we contact??

I simply LOVE UT and would just love to get in on this!!!

B
31st Mar 2005, 07:07 AM
What Envy Beta? :con:

Slainchild
31st Mar 2005, 07:28 AM
Even if there was a beta, I don't think they would let any random people test it...

MeanyMortal
31st Mar 2005, 08:02 AM
At least not this early anyway...

WinkyBoy
31st Mar 2005, 08:53 AM
Yeah public betas are usually only a thing of MMORPGs, as they HAVE to do that to test their game properly.

ThirtySixBelow
31st Mar 2005, 09:12 AM
The game probably isn't even far enough along to play yet. The magazine article said when they showed the editor some in game action it was mainly blocks and stuff for the level design because they said they were going to focus on the gameplay first before they added all of the eye candy. So, they probably don't even have a fully decked out level to try yet.

Kantham
31st Mar 2005, 09:18 AM
How can we get on the ENVY Beta??? Who can we contact??

ROFL

Contacting who??? You are not working with Epic i guess?

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=156602

Read , maybe twice , think , maybe twice

"Envy" is Epic's code name for the next UT.
Expect UT2004's "bounciness" to be toned down in the next
UT.
The double-jump is back.
It is possible that "Envy" will not be called "Unreal
Tournament 2006" or "Unreal Tournament 2007".

They don't even know how to name it , MAYBE it will be released in 2k7.

JohnDoe641
31st Mar 2005, 09:55 AM
Well since it's far from being completed, it wouldn't be a beta, since betas are more for finallizing a product. It would be an alpha, and a leaked alpha is a terrible thing as we all know.

Mr.Magnetichead
1st Apr 2005, 08:14 AM
OMG I LIEK HAVE THE ALPHA LEEK!!!!!!1one

PM For A LInK To DOwnLoAd IT LoLolOLlO!l!11

B
1st Apr 2005, 08:18 AM
It's true, he mailed it to me! w00t!!!11

Kantham
1st Apr 2005, 08:21 AM
Yes , i was a fool , i lied :o

This game rox0r !! Exaclamation pointExaclamation pointExaclamation pointExaclamation pointExaclamation pointExaclamation pointoneoneone Exaclamation point one oneoneone

Hey bee , give me your IP , will hook up together !!!oneoneone .

Mr.Magnetichead
1st Apr 2005, 08:21 AM
EnjOy mAn Ill See You on mY SErveR!!!

B
1st Apr 2005, 08:45 AM
w0000000000000t!

Kant: ENVY_BETA_LEAK:\\127.0.0.1:8012

Kantham
1st Apr 2005, 08:47 AM
/Caps lock on

THIS BETA ROX0R , IT'S THE L337 ,

YOU CAN DRIVE ANYTHING AND DESTROY ANYTHING , IT EVEN WORK WITH MY ATI 16 MB CARD W0000000T

THIS IS THE BEST GAME I EVER SEEN , AND GENMO KAI ARE BACK!

GG BEE THAT WAS SO FUNNY WHEN YOU JUMPED OVER ME WHIT THAT W00T SCORPION WITH HALO ROCKETS!!!!! EXCLAMATION POINTEXCLAMATION POINTEXCLAMATION POINTEXCLAMATION POINTEXCLAMATION POINTEXCLAMATION POINTEXCLAMATION POINT ONE ONEONEONEONEONEONE

Mr.Magnetichead
1st Apr 2005, 08:56 AM
What about when I pulled off your tank treads with my grav gun and shot you in the face with them.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

fresh&minty
1st Apr 2005, 10:31 AM
If they have any brains they will release a public beta, and get feed back from both noob forums, and the competitive ones. The noobs need to have their easy gametypes balanced (ONS for one) and the die hard FPS players need to have their gametypes stay diehard or bust (TDM CTF).

Mr.Magnetichead
1st Apr 2005, 10:38 AM
No they don't.

Kantham
1st Apr 2005, 10:52 AM
If they have any brains they will release a public beta

If they would do that they ''won't have anybrain''

A big game won't realese beta , they got their own beta tester , what are you thinking ......

Parser
1st Apr 2005, 10:53 AM
If they have any brains they will release a public beta, and get feed back from both regular player forums, and the competitive ones. The regular players need to have their fun gametypes balanced (ONS for one) and the die hard FPS players need to have their gametypes stay diehard or bust (TDM CTF).

Edited for correctness.

Tournament0
1st Apr 2005, 11:10 AM
Epic will probably never give a beta to the public, probably private beta testing.
:(

captainrad
1st Apr 2005, 11:16 AM
even if they did it would have to be toned down like crazy to run on anyones computer.. i guess. but seriously what the crap.

Radiosity
1st Apr 2005, 11:50 AM
Epic will probably never give a beta to the public, probably private beta testing.

Well yeah, that generally tends to be the case, because companies need beta testers who know how to beta test and who will give useful feedback. So, not things like 'OMG this is teh roxx0r, epic you r0ckzzor!!1one.

Steyr
1st Apr 2005, 11:52 AM
Goodness gracious, people. Go to epic's web page and look at their FAQ.

Xaero
1st Apr 2005, 01:02 PM
Your willing to do for free what they are paying hard-working testers to do. You should be ashamed! ;)

captainrad
1st Apr 2005, 01:16 PM
Your willing to do for free what they are paying hard-working testers to do. You should be ashamed! ;)
actually.. ummm what? ;)

RaptoR
1st Apr 2005, 01:37 PM
I think this thread has outlived whatever shred of uselfulness it originally had.

1) Epic never releases public betas. Ever.
2) Even if they did, Envy is still well over a year away from completion.
3) Thread closed.