PDA

View Full Version : I wonder?

Jlobel
31st Mar 2005, 12:39 AM
i wonder what it will be like, cant wait for the demo. I am glad they got rid of some of the other gametypes, they acaully failed really. But conquest i guess will replace assault. Though i wish they braught some ut originals back which would be nice, like a ultra edition lol which inclued them. But why i am posting this is cause i wonder when the demo will be released, any idea's?

nick89
31st Mar 2005, 12:46 AM
its usually only a few months before release... Now if release could be up to 2 years away, I'd say you would have a bit of waiting to do. Twiddle Your Thumbs?

Tournament0
31st Mar 2005, 02:44 PM
I'm really looking forward to the demo. It usually helps me decide if I'm going to buy the game.
I hope they add more than one map in the demo. :)

iron12
31st Mar 2005, 03:13 PM
2005 is going to be a loooooooooong year. :zzz:

gosia
31st Mar 2005, 03:21 PM
I'm really looking forward to the demo. It usually helps me decide if I'm going to buy the game.
I hope they add more than one map in the demo.

Well thats one thing about all the UT Demos... Thus far they have all been quite loaded with content. 1 map is never enough!

SanitysEdge
31st Mar 2005, 04:06 PM
It usually helps me decide if I'm going to buy the game.
Isnt that the entire point of a demo?

Selerox
31st Mar 2005, 04:54 PM
What I'm hoping Epic do is get the game sorted, completely finished, polished and ready to go and then release the demo. Then wait, take in all the feedback from the players, and play close attention to the first impressions, tweak the game. Let this happen for a while (over a month or more). Then once they have the game tweaked to as good as they can realistically get, then unleash the game on us. Epic creates a better game, which then sucks away what remnants of our social lives remain.

A small, but good quality line of merchandise/clothing would be fun too by the way Epic. Hats, t-shirts, keychains, mugs etc. Keep the selection of items on the smallish side (don't saturate the market with UT lunch boxes and other crap), but make the stuff top-notch quality and varied enough (sizes and styles) to make everyone want at least one item. I'd pay money on the spot for a black/dark design UT ice hockey jersey with the new logo.

Sir_Brizz
31st Mar 2005, 05:32 PM
^^ same.

I would also pay good money on the spot for a Black t-shirt with a Silver U logo on the back.

NeoNite
31st Mar 2005, 05:39 PM
Well thats one thing about all the UT Demos... Thus far they have all been quite loaded with content. 1 map is never enough!

At least the ut2004 demo had two player models. The previous ones were simply too boring when it came to this.
Male soldier for UT. Some skins.
Juggernaut (arg) for ut2003. Hate(d) that guy.(only male right? I don't remember being able to select a female juggy)

:O)

LOL TEH NEED 2 INCLUDE A PUPAE PLAYER MODEL IN TEH UT3ENVY2007DEMOH! :tup:

Tournament0
1st Apr 2005, 11:03 AM
Isnt that the entire point of a demo?

Yes, but some people never buy the full game, they just stick with the demo.

gosia
1st Apr 2005, 03:30 PM
At least the ut2004 demo had two player models. The previous ones were simply too boring when it came to this.
Male soldier for UT. Some skins.
Juggernaut (arg) for ut2003. Hate(d) that guy.(only male right? I don't remember being able to select a female juggy)

:O)

LOL TEH NEED 2 INCLUDE A PUPAE PLAYER MODEL IN TEH UT3ENVY2007DEMOH! :tup:

I am mostly refering to UT99's demo. It had quite a bit of stuff on it. That demo is what pulled me away from Quake forever.

I never really cared what models were in any of the UT's. I just like to kill things and blow stuff up... And im pretty good at doing that too. All of the previouse UT demo's have let me do quite a bit of blood shed, so I have always been happy with them. :D

NeoNite
1st Apr 2005, 04:51 PM
Yeah I also like to kill things (monsters mostly, these days) but I like diversity ^_^
But yeah, the UT demo had a fair share of maps.