PDA

View Full Version : "Envy"

Symbolikal
30th Mar 2005, 10:15 AM
I like most of Epic's changes in the next game that've been reported by CGM. What changes did you like and hate about what has been published in CGM and announced by Epic?
p.S w00t, first post in the new forum!

iron12
30th Mar 2005, 12:39 PM
Lot of unanswered questions though. :)

Like the scorpion, will it just have rockets or the green stringy thing to, I like the green stringy things good for stoping mantas.

Will it have the decapataing blade things, not very effective but cool non the less.

I'm more of the cool, fun stuff and not to much on the competitive part of it. :)

JohnDoe641
30th Mar 2005, 12:53 PM
I don't like the fact that the sniper is in and the LtG is out. Since they've gotten rid of the mini, wouldn't it seem logical to remove the next hitscan bullet weapon? The LtG so SOwned the sniper at everything.

The only bullet use should be from the Enforcers, or whatever they are in this new game, imho.

BooGiTyBoY
30th Mar 2005, 01:24 PM
No shieldgun/impact hammer mentioned.

F.U. Epic. :(

And Gorge better not be the eye-liner wearing "I have no fans" depressed lame-o they made him out to be in UC2. grrrrrrrrrr.....

Symbolikal
30th Mar 2005, 01:47 PM
It'll be modded Boogs. As AS will be.

-AEnubis-
30th Mar 2005, 02:17 PM
Yeah, but it's different when it's as such. I can't see them taking that out, without replaceing it with some form of melee weapon, and I don't see them leaning it towards UC2 melee combat... I think it's just an oversight. No mention is definately not as definitive as mention as it was for the minigun (R.I.P).

I really need to read the articles though... has it been said that the sniper is in? (and I promise I'll read them as soon as I get some time :) )

RaptoR
30th Mar 2005, 02:48 PM
I seriously doubt they'll end up shipping Envy without some sort of melee weapon... here's hoping the Impact Hammer will make a return :).

Olga
30th Mar 2005, 04:55 PM
It would be cool if you could punch and kick people in UT Envy, I'm unsure whether a 3rd person camera would work better than a 1st person.

I hope they add melee WEAPONS to the game too.

NeoNite
30th Mar 2005, 05:04 PM
It would be cool if you could punch and kick people in UT Envy, I'm unsure whether a 3rd person camera would work better than a 1st person.

I hope they add melee WEAPONS to the game too.

Ever tried this mutator?

Kakutou (http://www.planetunreal.com/modsquad/asp/breviews.asp?266)

(sorry, couldn't find it on BU modsquad)

T2A`
30th Mar 2005, 05:04 PM
I'm with JD. The sniper rifle is so cliche and boring. Lightning pwns your smelly ass. I hope Gorge is still the man. I'm glad about the Enforcers coming back, as well as the supposed return to "in your face" combat as opposed to "OMG you can't hit me LOLOLz!!1"

Boog, most, if not all, FPS games have had some kind of melee attack, so I'm sure they won't leave one out. Even Goldeneye had the "CHOP CHOP CHOP you up good" move when you ran out of ammo.

Bang Yr Head
30th Mar 2005, 05:13 PM
I think the sheildgun/impact hammer is a staple of the series. Half it's use goes towards trick jumping. I doubt they would leave it out....

-AEnubis-
30th Mar 2005, 11:48 PM
Yeah, and one of my favs, Q3A's gauntlet. Thing sucked, but the award for it, especially with that system was awesome.

The jumping bit does add another dimension that I don't think they will abandon.

Yeah, if it's cSR and no LtG that does suck... LtG was a really cool original weapon... unless they are moving the cSR to a projectile based shell, then I may think that is ok. Like, a projectile shell with carry through... more damage, lowered ROF.

Dark Pulse
31st Mar 2005, 12:57 AM
Yeah, and one of my favs, Q3A's gauntlet. Thing sucked, but the award for it, especially with that system was awesome.

The jumping bit does add another dimension that I don't think they will abandon.

Yeah, if it's cSR and no LtG that does suck... LtG was a really cool original weapon... unless they are moving the cSR to a projectile based shell, then I may think that is ok. Like, a projectile shell with carry through... more damage, lowered ROF.
So basically a "Heavy" bullet. Like Tungsten casing or something.

-AEnubis-
31st Mar 2005, 12:59 AM
Basically. Dunno what makes it as such in reality, but similar to the CS AWP, or the Halo Sniper Rifle, Q3 Rails etc, where you can hit multiple opponents with it.

T2A`
31st Mar 2005, 02:05 AM
Basically. Dunno what makes it as such in reality, but similar to the CS AWP, or the Halo Sniper Rifle, Q3 Rails etc, where you can hit multiple opponents with it.I've actually killed two people standing next to each other with one LtG shot before. Yay lightning splash. It was offline too so it's not like the engine messed up. :D

edhe
31st Mar 2005, 02:35 AM
LtG used to be able to doubleheadshot, now it can do splash damage - i've had several occasions of LtG double kills.

And please for the love of god don't usbject us to the ****ty sniper rifle again, LtG is just *so* much more fun & 'unreal' - just give it some god damn decent sounds (ie a good 'fwhoomp' when it hits something instead of is 'crickle' sounds)

KaL976
31st Mar 2005, 02:46 AM
No Shield + No LtG = No purchase. You getting it yet Epic?!? :mad:

SanitysEdge
31st Mar 2005, 02:49 AM
Shield gun = stay out. LtG can stay in, I perfer it more than the sniper rifle aswell.

NeoNite
31st Mar 2005, 04:15 AM
Maybe they should make a sniper rifle/ligthing gun mutator. So you can choose which weapon you want...

Eh, it's impossible pleasing everyone.
I'm not too keen on the idea (if it will happen)that the minigun will be replaced by a stinger (but what will it be like)...
So let's wait and see what happens.

Radiosity
31st Mar 2005, 04:23 AM
If Epic do leave the LtG out, I'll add it back in :D With a normal map for all that lovely detail too of course :tup:

BadAss84
31st Mar 2005, 05:44 AM
It'll be modded Boogs. As AS will be.

Maybe so, but they say this about a lot of things, and who ever really plays them ?

Not a lot of people imo.

Same with the LG, people have said, "don't worry, they will mod the lg back in", but so what, nobody will use it :(

If its not in the default game people just don't bother mostly =/

Same with cups etc, it won't be used there which is the most important thing to me and i guess many others.

And please for the love of god don't usbject us to the ****ty sniper rifle again, LtG is just *so* much more fun & 'unreal'

So agreed, i never liked the sniper in ut99, i hate it even worse in 2k4, and i just think the LG is awesome and definately more of an unreal style weapon than some boring sniper rifle like you find in any old fps :/

They remove mini for the stinger which makes sense, stinger seems much more 'unreal' than a minigun, but then they go the other way and keep sniper and remove lg ? Makes no sense to me at all.

b0rnAga1n
2nd Apr 2005, 08:06 AM
stinger is pretty cool though, its a good alternative to the minigun. its good in UC2.

Mr.Magnetichead
2nd Apr 2005, 08:34 AM
No Shield + No LtG = No purchase. You getting it yet Epic?!? :mad:

Grow up. It's people like you that ran crying to their mommas when UT2003 replaced the original Sniper rifle with the LG.

People learn to adapt.

JohnDoe641
2nd Apr 2005, 10:48 AM
LtG used to be able to doubleheadshot, now it can do splash damage - i've had several occasions of LtG double kills.

And please for the love of god don't usbject us to the ****ty sniper rifle again, LtG is just *so* much more fun & 'unreal' - just give it some god damn decent sounds (ie a good 'fwhoomp' when it hits something instead of is 'crickle' sounds)
It still can afaik.

I'm almost 99% sure that I got a double kill headshot on with one shot on Grendelkeep once whenthey were chasing after me in 2k4.

I'll have to check my 698469384697345 demo files. :c

Nosnos
2nd Apr 2005, 02:39 PM
I really don't like that they are going to remove the LG for the SR... think it's a pitty if they remove the shieldgun as well, just nerfing it would be best imo (removing the regeneration feature)... I'm also worried about the movement, if they are gonna remove everything that made UT2003/UT2004 different from UT... same thing here as with the shieldgun, nerf it a bit but dont remove every possibility that a complex movement gives you as a player...

-AEnubis-
2nd Apr 2005, 02:45 PM
Balance is a delicate issue that alot of people won't see the depth in until they experience it. Basically, if Epic is to remove something, most people think should just be nerfed, or toned down, it's because they've attempted, or thought of how to balance it, and it created another inbalance, or exploitable situation, or maybe caused them to have to change too many other things to compensate.

Tournament0
2nd Apr 2005, 02:52 PM
If I posted all my thoughts, I'd take to long and waste my time. :nag:
Long story short, I want everything I like in this game, mainly dodging.
I hope Epic make this the best game ever! \o/