Anyone up for some Doom 2 co-op?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NiftyBoy

Dandified
Mar 29, 2001
Portland, OR
Visit site
I put Doom 2 back on my computer the other day and played through the first half with my boyfriend on the network and it was a blast. Now I just need some people to play through the last half with, and maybe even go through some awesome wad packs with like Memento Mori 1 & 2 or 99 Ways to Die.

I'm using jDoom and can host probably up to 7 or 8 people. Just need people to play with :eek: Anyone interested?

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
If you really want a blazing-frantic co-op game, try Hell revealed (6000 monsters). Or maybe Alien vendetta (12.000 If I'm not mistaken). Hope your server will be able to handle all the action going on.

MM and 99ways to die are indeed awesome wads ^_^

NiftyBoy

Dandified
Mar 29, 2001
Portland, OR
Visit site
I have a hard enough time with the amount of monsters there are in Hard. I don't think I need 4000+ :eek:

We should set up a date/time to game. I'd love to play some MM2 but the original Doom 2 wad is fine too :) I'll be home tonight at 21:00PST or so and maybe we could game shortly thereafter :eek:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Oh but playing a level with 1000+ monsters will be quite fun in co-op.
And remember, don't ever play Doom/2 on any skill level lower than Ultra violence.
Because you ain't dooming if you do so ;O)

Edit: Forgot adding, "Hell Revealed" and "Alien vendetta" are megawads. 32 levels in 1 pack.

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Well, you're wrong ;O) Those levels have complex lay-out (you'd be surprised, most do).
I'm not talking about any ****ty "open-area" flooded with tons of monsters type of crap.

Those megawads I've listed contain great levels. Great in gameplay.
Hell revealed's primary focus was on gameplay anyway.
The looks well... it was made in 1996 so... but it doesn't actually look bad. They've also spent time on that part. Plenty.

Alien vendetta on the other hand has more eye-candy, but very challenging/hard levels. And tbh, also extremily fun to play.

Trust me, I wouldn't pimp a crappy Doom/2 wad ^_^

Those megawads do NOT contain any motarded levels a la ctf-andaction ;O)

-> Just an example of a crap megawad. Arcade (iirc).
32 levels, which are exactly the same.
Setting: A cave area. Lots of puke brown.
Gameplay:

Each level has a specific monster. Use a couple of dozen of those per map etc.. you
get the idea.

Einstein decided to include an archvile. Can you imagine spawning and facing 30 archviles?

0_- That's crap.

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Sure, I'd be interested in joining (if I can find the time, or sneak a graphics card into work :D).

Witty: Unfortunately not legal. You can buy the classic doom pack for about £5 these days.

On a related note, would anyone be interested in the same thing but for Heretic? ;)

Last edited:

Romulan

Holding on
Jun 4, 2004
home.fuse.net
Witty said:
Well, in any case, id wants to charge me 25 dollars to buy it. I wonder if Best Buy even carries it anymore...

Head to your local Wal-Mart, they have a "Collectors Edition" there for $10. A better deal than the way overpriced stuff at the idsoftware store.

K

i bite
Jul 29, 2004
Magrathea
Well it ran on my computer , but it ran extremely slow , and there was no sound , so I think its time to upgrade :lol:

Romulan

Holding on
Jun 4, 2004
home.fuse.net
kortniechan said:
Well it ran on my computer , but it ran extremely slow , and there was no sound , so I think its time to upgrade :lol:

JDoom or doom2.exe? Keep in mind if you are running Windows XP, there won't be sound in doom2.exe and also that the game is locked at 35 fps (not necessarily "slow", just slower than the norm for today).