Favorite Tactics and Killer Skills

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
D

Das Fragmeister

Anybody have advanced tricks, favorite tactics, crazy-a$$ new skills, etc..., they want to share?

On the Face strategy guide recently listed at PU, the author suggested using the impact hammer to shoot your translocator from one tower in Face to the other. Pretty crafty, legal, and hardly lame, IMHO.

I've also read of others using one of my favorite tactics: picking up the sniper rifle after spawning in Face and running with the zoom on until you run the risk of falling off an edge...which gives you regular flag kills as carriers exit the tower or kills of opponents charging at you down-field. Since they're coming on straight, back-peddling will usually help dodge rockets (usually fired low for splash damage) but your crosshairs stay true. (Just don't get sniped)

I'm interested in hearing any extraordinary tricks or skills (i.e., not spawn-sniping, camping, etc..., ho-hum) that people have learned that can rachet up everyone's variety of tactics, particularly those that wouldn't be "lame" or considered "cheating." :)

-Scott
[MUTTS] Das

Visit the MUTTS web site at http://members.aol.com/andrew77777

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
I like to time it so I jump off the tower in Face and land on people and squish them. Especially the ones in the cow skins.

Cows should be weapons. Wind them up and send them running into the enemy. Moo my a$$.

bullet2.gif

Freaking out on electric meat.

Xercxes

Apr 23, 2000
MN
Visit site
I personally like the impact hammer jump kill thinga ma jig I can pull off once every ten days. Thats pretty cool.

bullet2.gif

This is my BOOMstick and now your all gonna die!!!!

CHRYSt

You can't help that. We're all mad here.
Jan 14, 2000
www.crawlspaceradio.com
I like to spin in circles and feigndeath and get up and then do a bunch of waves and pelvic thrusts so that the enemy think's I'm a handicapped retard (look, redundancy!) and leaves me alone out of pity or affirmative action or some such BS reason.

bullet2.gif

"Where's the BACTINE?! Some of this blood is MINE!!" -- JTHM

p.s. Fück BellAtlantic

BeerGun

consultant in beerology
Feb 2, 2000
Toronto area
Visit site
See below for a list of my unique skills:

bullet2.gif

eyemouth.gif

It's not the little things that which often determine success or failure, happiness or misery, it's the mob that determines...

The_Ruiner

Masterful
You really scare sometimes CHRYSt... But I think I like it!!!!! - R

Btw- For the sake of staying ONT. Iv'e found when defending in CTF-Command, the oval shaped windows are a good place to avoid enemy fire and be unseen long enough to frag an escaping flag runner who thinks he is home free.. He he

bullet2.gif

"Set the controls for the heart of the Sun." -R Waters

RedBeard

Mar 23, 2000
Grapevine, TX USA
Visit site
I'm not some UT master or anything, (as voyd could contest) but level domination is everything. Knowing the spawn timings and such. Also using (as i have just discovered) the impact hammer to deflect projectiles. Plus, weapon comboing is a big factor too. i.e. RL, then after hit switch to quick hit weapon like chain or flak.

Most UT players already know this, but it will help the newbies i guess.

Also a everglide or ratpadz mousepad and good mouse (logitec wingman or MS intellieye) helps ALOT!!!!

-Red