PDA

View Full Version : Should Moofis return to FH society by his cali trip?

Moofis
17th Mar 2005, 10:31 PM
Hi guys. Im planning on buying a new ut2004 later on it just the queston of How later? My cali trip is next weekend so i have a bit of a while to think about it. Your guys word may help in my descision. If i dont get a new ut2004, my money will go to getting the DOOM 3 Expansion. Any words of advice from you guys? Thanks. BTW I turned 14 on january :D. Being a teenager rules

Dark_Dust
19th Mar 2005, 07:52 AM
Buy a new UT2004.

UT2004 has so much more to offer than Doom 3. Hundreds of mods/muts/maps/etc. you name it. :)
Doom 3 is "fun" for one SP game, after that, you try MP. It might be fun for a little while, but you'll easily get bored of the repetitive gameplay... over and over again. :(
I got my Doom 3 copy from a friend. The game looks cool, but the gameplay is so much repetitive and easy to predict.. it takes all the fun away. I even haven't finished the game, nor tried MP.
I wanted to buy this game myself, but I'm glad I didn't.
So.. IMHO you're wasting money when buying Doom3/expansionpack.
So, do yourself a favour and get a new copy of UT2004. :)

Moofis
20th Mar 2005, 07:55 PM
Buy a new UT2004.

UT2004 has so much more to offer than Doom 3. Hundreds of mods/muts/maps/etc. you name it. :)
Doom 3 is "fun" for one SP game, after that, you try MP. It might be fun for a little while, but you'll easily get bored of the repetitive gameplay... over and over again. :(
I got my Doom 3 copy from a friend. The game looks cool, but the gameplay is so much repetitive and easy to predict.. it takes all the fun away. I even haven't finished the game, nor tried MP.
I wanted to buy this game myself, but I'm glad I didn't.
So.. IMHO you're wasting money when buying Doom3/expansionpack.
So, do yourself a favour and get a new copy of UT2004. :)

Heh I know what you mean, im so bored now. I cant leave the house or nothing. I have a 30$ best buy gift card to buy ut2004 with just the bastards didnt have a CD ROM version at the time.

Wookiee
26th Mar 2005, 05:41 PM
Buy UT2k4. Then you can play vCTF, which is now officially the most fun to have online EVER. Period.

eklipse
26th Mar 2005, 06:56 PM
if you have the money, get both. ive gotten Doom 3 and UT and im satisfied :). UT for multi, and Doom 3 for single. both have mods to choose from, but of course UT has much much more :p.

Moofis
24th Apr 2005, 05:12 PM
At last, I was FINALLY able to get UT2004 and god its runs like a dream on my new computer. The timing couldnt be any better either. I get it and BAM! FHIv4 is out. :D