Search Fileworks

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zenny

I'm gonna steal your girlfriend.
Mar 14, 2003
Washington DC
As many of you know, Firefox has a search-engine blank in the top right of its window. You can now search BeyondUnreal's FileWorks through this box by clicking on the link below.

Install FileWorks Search Plugin

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
nice, thanks!

I don't, however, use the search engine bar, but rather I type the appropriate character in the address window - for example, 'g HuggyBear' searches google for HuggyBear; do you happen to know where I could add something similar, or did you think that far ahead already? Sure, this isn't a firefox forum, but ....

igNiTion

here
Apr 9, 2004
South Carolina
Aww, that's where my google toolbar goes.

Or if I install this will it make another box...

Oh wait...does it just add it to the dropdown menu?

Nevermind, sorry for the retardation. Cool stuff :tup:

Last edited:

haarg

PC blowticious
Apr 24, 2002
Over there
HuggyBear said:
nice, thanks!

I don't, however, use the search engine bar, but rather I type the appropriate character in the address window - for example, 'g HuggyBear' searches google for HuggyBear; do you happen to know where I could add something similar, or did you think that far ahead already? Sure, this isn't a firefox forum, but ....
Go to FileWorks and right click in the Find box. Select Add a keyword for this search... and fill in the options.

There is also an extension (Search Type B) that gives you a search bar similar to the built in one, except it uses keyword bookmarks instead of search plugins. This makes it very easy to add new engines without needing to write up a src file.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
once I set the search box to BU FW, I cant change it back to something else like google because there is no icon to click anymore (the BU fileworks selection has no icon) please fix it so it has an icon. thanks :D

haarg

PC blowticious
Apr 24, 2002
Over there
Odd. I'm not seeing any problems here. Have you tried reinstalling the search plugin? Also, look in your Firefox\searchplugins directory, and make sure you have both bufileworks.src and bufileworks.png.