New Pariah Info

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

igNiTion

here
Apr 9, 2004
South Carolina
Cool :tup:

Wonder if my computer will be able to handle it though...I have to play UT2004 with low textures/settings and 640x480 just to get 60+ fps on most maps :p

Is Pariah supposed to be more or less intensive, graphics wise, than UT2004? Hope it's about the same...considering it's running the same engine.

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
igNiTion said:

Wonder if my computer will be able to handle it though...I have to play UT2004 with low textures/settings and 640x480 just to get 60+ fps on most maps :p

Is Pariah supposed to be more or less intensive, graphics wise, than UT2004? Hope it's about the same...considering it's running the same engine.

Well I'd assume it wouldn't be too much worse, but I can't say for sure.

What I can tell you is it's looking to be an upgrade time for you. ;)

Jul 26, 2003
Australia
igNiTion said:

No, it's not using the same engine. Pariah uses UE2.5. UT2003/4 uses UE2. Pariah is more graphically intensive than UT2004. It uses a lot of DX9 effects (normal mapping and refraction for instance).