installation probs

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

foaly

Supreme Centaur
Nov 14, 2004
England
ok this is probably just me being thick, but can someone tell me how to actually run the mod when its installed? ive just installed jailbreak2004b and i think its on there properly, but it doesnt appear on the community mods list. am i doing something wrong, have i forgotten to run something etc...

am running windows xp home service pack 2 if that helps

cheers

Sexmachine

- retired -
Feb 5, 2002
Germany
www.planetjailbreak.com
1. Launch UT2004
2. Select "instant action" for a botmatch
3. Pick the gametype in the gametype selection tab. Jailbreak blends seamlessly into the interface, so you select Jailbreak the same way you'd select CTF or Double Domination.
4. Just like any other game, you can now choose the map, the number of bots, and set the rules of the game.
5. You can also choose mutators: most mutators should work fine with Jailbreak
6. There's one extra though: Jailbreak Add-ons. You'll find these in an extra interface tab that appears when Jailbreak is selected as the gametype. You can think of these as mutators that are specific to Jailbreak.
7. When everything is set, press Play.
8. Have fun!

... oh and RTFM ;)

Last edited:

XS PMS

The Bitch is back!!
Jan 25, 2003
Strong Island
Visit site
Ok, I got it to work for me, Its laggy as **** :(
My question is...... You can only play instant play? You cannot play against actual ppl? Like clicking on Join Game? Or am I just spazzing again?

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
spoondog.beyondunreal.com
Jailbreak should be on the drop down menu in Internet Games - it's near the top of the list somewhere for me (above some standard gametypes). From there you should get a list of servers just like the ol' UTJB :) (whether or not they have people playing on them, is another story).

By the way, by "laggy as ****" - do you mean bad framerate? Have you turned your details down in settings? Turning World Detail, Physics Detail etc down can make it run much better.

Last edited:

XS PMS

The Bitch is back!!
Jan 25, 2003
Strong Island
Visit site
TheSpoonDog said:
By the way, by "laggy as ****" - do you mean bad framerate? Have you turned your details down in settings? Turning World Detail, Physics Detail etc down can make it run much better.

I have not.. I havent played UT in soooooo long... I am at a loss as to what the settings should be... hehe I will hopefully figure it all out tonite ;)

Last edited by a moderator: