PDA

View Full Version : UWGripVolume

bobnine
7th Mar 2005, 02:03 AM
What do UWGripVolumes do?
I wanted to have some ice in a level that makes cars slide,I added a grip volume with a grip factor of -1,it didnt seem to have much effect,so i tried a grip factor of -10000000,still no effect,so I tried positive 100000,still no effect.

What does a grip volume actuly do?

stevenhorton
7th Mar 2005, 07:10 AM
Wer had alot of code with our first beta's that was dropped when we had to move from KVehicle to SVehicle, when UT2004 came out. Repair volumes, grip volumes and some others were never added back in. Have you tried a physics volume to accomplish the same things?

bobnine
7th Mar 2005, 09:01 PM
Yes I've tried a physics volume before,doesn't work,i think its because vehicles friction is dictated by the wheel properties,I just thaught that the grip volume might be able to change the vehicles properties or something.Oh well,dont worry.

stevenhorton
8th Mar 2005, 02:25 PM
Just out of curiosity, what properties did you change in your physics volume? I haven't tried this, but if you lowered the gravity setting from -950 to say -250, that would have to produce some change in a vehicles handling:)

bobnine
8th Mar 2005, 10:19 PM
Hmm,didn't think of changing the gravity,I changed the surface friction,I'll try changing the gravity.

bobnine
8th Mar 2005, 10:24 PM
Hey cool it works perfectly,thanks.