Close Combat - First to Fight

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
I'll wait for a demo if it's a PC game. I'm kinda leery about games that are released for both the PC and consoles.

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
For some reason most great games do tend to be released on just one console or PC. But being the close combat fan that I am I will keep my eye out on this one. I doubt I will ever purchase it, but who knows...

5eleven

I don't give a f**k, call the Chaplain
Mar 23, 2003
Ohio
Visit site
I was browsing their forums last night. Originally, the game was to be released in January, but the date was pushed back. In one of the earlier posts, the dev team said that they would release a demo, but that they were still working bugs out of the game first.

mbs357

olol
Jan 5, 2002
Visit site
Man, I really hate flash sites.
Watched the trailer, unimpressed.
It looks nice, but what's with the *look at the side of the gun and guesstimate where the bullets are going!*
How can real marines let this slip by?

Last edited:

5eleven

I don't give a f**k, call the Chaplain
Mar 23, 2003
Ohio
Visit site
I am sincerely hopeful that is all a third person issue - didn't find it, but i was hoping the thing has irons.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
No iron sights, no interest. So simple.

When it is one of those 'us patriotism things' than thx, no (cuz site looks so).

Doesn't look that impressive at all. Hope INF:Source will look better.

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
I dunno... The game looks WAY too colorful and the only thing that's "original" about it is the morale thing... and frankly I'm not exactly confident they'll get it right. I love the concept but it seems they're position is realism lies in the morale.. not the gameplay. As far as I can tell they rehashed the standard military FPS shooter and stuck in some new AI. Now if their focus was to make an INF style game with amazing AI and SP scenarios... then you'd have a winner... *HINT HINT... SS TEAM!!!*

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
I think i'd actually like to see a twist on the fps genre and see something that dealt with real world undercover / spy / ect work, rather than on straight up military sims. I suppose that the "hit man" games come a little close to some of the gameplay that you'd encouter, but i was thinking more of a secret agent /CIA type of aproach (think more like Jack Ryan, or Bourn ID rather than Spinter Cell, or James Bond) It definetly would be more focused on stealth and tactics and other less "action" oriented stuff rather than on shooting, but i would welcome the change.