Problem with CTF concept! But I have a solution!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Diving Mullah

Jan 11, 2000
Los Gatos, CA, USA
Visit site
I have found it extremely unfair to the opposing team to work their butt off, get to their enemy's base, get the flag, run all the way back and then be sniped by some yahoo! Then someone from the defending teams comes and touches the flag and the flag appears in the base again. That is simply UNJUST!

But fear not my friends I have a solution, we should make a mod, or people at the epic should get off their butt and make the CTF as follows. Not only you have to get the enemy's flag and bring it back to your base, but also if you should happened to stumble over your own flag you must carry it back to your base. You must pick it up and run with it like a mad man! You should also be able to carry two flag at once. Now whomever is doing this will be the most wanted person in the Arena! This will make for a such fun game, and whole new strategies. No one can go on the those suicide missions, just to recover the flag.

I can it see now! People hesitating which way to go. Should I provide cover for our own flag carrier or assist in the flag captures? Think, think, think! Not to mention Redeemer will become something even more challenging and paramount to avoid! One shot would recover your flag and their flag. Oh yah! If you should happened to fall in the lava (yah right, while carrying your flag) the other team would gain one point and the flag gets reset!

What do you all thing?

We should sign a petition and send it to epic!

Mullah

------------------
Kick Hard and Blow Bubbles! [:]O

Blatant Bastich

Bite Me Fan Boy!
Feb 8, 2000
Culver City, CA
Visit site
I belive this mod already exisits..now to have the admin's put it on their server is another story.

bullet2.gif

Blatant_Bastich|PuF

" We should be dead my friend! "

Temporary Account

Temporarily Permanent
Jan 25, 2000
cosmicmonstersinc.com
It does. It's called "Carry the Flag." Haven't played it yet though.

bullet2.gif

-[CMi]Soul-Crusher
<A HREF="http://www.cosmicmonstersinc.com" TARGET=_blank>
www.cosmicmonstersinc.com</A>

"A stalking ground without prey - a flash of superstition whimpering like a crippled animal -
Dogs of the Soul-Crusher - Pulling closer like the blue steel jaws of hell"
-- Soul-Crusher/WhiteZombie

"Blood on the stone I do not surrender - Wait'n for someone I do not remember"
-- Cosmic Monsters, Inc./White Zombie

I posted a thread about this mod a while back(couldn't find it though), asking if anyone had tried it out, and on what server's it could be found. BiPolar replied saying he had thrown it on his server for a while, but that it was real buggy. Damn shame, because I'd love to play CTF this way. Or even how it was implemented in HF Team Fortress, where the flag just stuck around for a while wherever it was dropped until it finally returned. I loved having to defend a flag at potentially any location.

[This message has been edited by Mr.Smallberries (edited 04-26-2000).]