PDA

View Full Version : thief 3 ed wont open hmmmm

Utopius
3rd Mar 2005, 10:57 PM
just a simple question really ive just started using UN runtime and i was told that the new thief 3 editor is damnn good for atmospherics and stuff so i dowlaoded it and for some reason it wont open do i need to the thief 3 game to run it or what? :hmm: any adivece would eb MUCH appreciated

Wormbo
4th Mar 2005, 04:17 AM
Tools of different UnrealEngine games and applications usually only work for that specific app/game. In other words, an editor for Thief3 will most likely only work with Thief3 and not with the Runtime.

Utopius
4th Mar 2005, 06:05 AM
my problem is , is i dont have unreal and the editor works independently why doenst teh thief 3 editor work wihtout thief 3? its ****n huuuge as well

[SAS]Solid Snake
6th Mar 2005, 01:54 PM
Why doesn't thief 3 editor work without thief 3 installed? Errr ... it's pretty obvious. The editor just makes stuff with the content that thief 3 has. Thus without the content you can't do anything with it. I doubt they would ship all of theif 3's content with the free editor.

Utopius
6th Mar 2005, 09:50 PM
well actually it comes wiht everything eveyr elvel every mesh every texture teh works just for some reason it downs open, honets to god it comes wiht everything

[SAS]Solid Snake
7th Mar 2005, 02:31 AM
Well, okay, I take it back.

StardogChampion
28th Mar 2005, 03:29 PM
It's only 300Mb or so, so how can it come with everything? Thief 3's textures take up at least 1GB.

Please just buy the game, it is worth the money.