Is it me

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2004
Or are the servers starting to lag really bad? i have been spiking alot lately and...no...can't say it....getting packetloss? :/ sometimes it becomes too unplayable (screen freezing up or you are moving 10x's slower making aim harder).

KillaALF

Mar 9, 2004
(GR)Killer said:
Or are the servers starting to lag really bad? i have been spiking alot lately and...no...can't say it....getting packetloss? :/ sometimes it becomes too unplayable (screen freezing up or you are moving 10x's slower making aim harder).

Hmm, sometimes I get lag too (with the rare 3-5 seconds lag spike), but that has been the case since I started playing the demo, so I really can't say that the situation got worse. Unfortunately I can't find any more servers with <100 ping, so some lag is to be expected, I guess.

PhatAzz

Phat n Pnunky Phreaky Phunny Phull
Sep 15, 2004
We're experiencing issues with xeno-tech. Since DE, PET, and NB are all on the same box on the same pipe, we all have problems when any server is decently loaded.

The main problem being that xeno-tech only has what appears to be one windows server box. For UTXMP it wasn't an issue since they had a bunch of linux boxes and UTXMP wasn't as much of a resource hog.

Chr0matic

Sep 28, 2004
PhatAzz said:
We're experiencing issues with xeno-tech. Since DE, PET, and NB are all on the same box on the same pipe, we all have problems when any server is decently loaded.

The main problem being that xeno-tech only has what appears to be one windows server box. For UTXMP it wasn't an issue since they had a bunch of linux boxes and UTXMP wasn't as much of a resource hog.

Why are there no links anywhere to "donate" through paypal? Every one of our forum sites and the game servers themselves ought to have a paypal link to shoot Xeno-Tech some $$. They deserve all the support we can give them.

Or am I the only one who would cough up 10-20 bucks every so often?
Just make it easy for me to do so and I'm there.

Mar 6, 2004
PhatAzz said:

Euro servers are becoming the same way...sometimes way too unplayable and ping spikes to 330-350 with packetloss.

Creig

Back from the dead
Apr 17, 2003
Visit site
Yeah I noticed that too. XMP is not playing freindly with the windows boxes. I have been playing around with linux and managed to use EQ2's method of running a linux U2:XMP box. Linux server by far give better stability and ping then windows boxes. Oh welll will have to deal with it. I will pass on the information to Xenotech to see if they will convert the server over to linux.

PhatAzz

Phat n Pnunky Phreaky Phunny Phull
Sep 15, 2004
Chr0matic said:
Why are there no links anywhere to "donate" through paypal? Every one of our forum sites and the game servers themselves ought to have a paypal link to shoot Xeno-Tech some $$. They deserve all the support we can give them.

Or am I the only one who would cough up 10-20 bucks every so often?
Just make it easy for me to do so and I'm there.

LOL, dude, each of the clans pay for their server. It's a commercial service. If you want to donate, donate to say one of the clans so they MOVE to a better service.

Of note, Pet is going to try to collocate their own server that's close to the Wash DC hub. Get in touch with Pet Owl, he will be setting it up sometime at the end of this week. If anyone needs donation, it's going to be him.

JaGo

nbk-JaGo
Feb 24, 2004
PhatAzz said:
LOL, dude, each of the clans pay for their server. It's a commercial service. If you want to donate, donate to say one of the clans so they MOVE to a better service.

Of note, Pet is going to try to collocate their own server that's close to the Wash DC hub. Get in touch with Pet Owl, he will be setting it up sometime at the end of this week. If anyone needs donation, it's going to be him.

If I'm not mistaken, Alpha has never actually had to pay for their server. Since now having two servers that may be different.

PETsnake

www.p3t.org bitch
Feb 25, 2004
owl should have his server company up and running this week, hopefully this will provide an alternative to the overloaded xeno-tech servers that bogs down w/ 6 people on it. of course pet will provide one of these severs for public use free to the community <3

Mar 6, 2004
It still continues :mad: either that or i got a bad connection problem...either my aim sux really really bad (which would be impossible...my crosshairs are directly matched with the player leading so i hit him, i have specced a few and they dont lead nor aim just shoot randomly and kill without meeting :/ damn luck)with this new vid card getting good fps or i need to clean up my computer (i got like 15 viruses and like 1 zillion spyware...heh no protection)...not only are my shooting spots moving to different spots on people but i get killed by alot of invisible shots and shots kill me when they are either nowhere near me or go past me but not touch and continue to go past me. Damn you zeno tech :mad: oh and now i get packetloss in every server every now and then compared to no packetloss ever.

edit- hmmm 2 spyware removers both crash when i go to check my pc...first one right away second one before it gets to 50%...like 30000 spyware and over 320 infections...can't bring my pc in for atleast 3 months either...no money. Boy do i suck :lol:

Last edited:

Gumby

Pretty in Pink!
Feb 29, 2004
A long long way from home...
Dude wipe your pc and reinstall it all... I played on Xenotech a few times from UK and have never got any packetloss...

Usually your network / ISP / PC that causes packetloss... Which sounds like the aim thing you have :eek: You still need to lead shots tho ;)

Mar 6, 2004
Eat_my_shorts said:
Dude wipe your pc and reinstall it all... I played on Xenotech a few times from UK and have never got any packetloss...

Usually your network / ISP / PC that causes packetloss... Which sounds like the aim thing you have :eek: You still need to lead shots tho ;)

I do lead...

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
Xenotech has very poor peering to the east coast and Comcast customers to name a few.. It's really a peering issue for most. Alot of people from the east coast of the US get drug thorugh att.net in Alanta area which is very overloaded and has been for nearly a year and counting. What's interesting to note is the =vÐ= servers are physically in the same data center as the Xenotech U2 servers but peered in a significantly different way. So, the /\ and DE XMP servers ping very high with huge outloss and significantly different trace route from hte =vÐ= servers despite being physically within a 100 yards of each other are fine. This has been an ongoing issue with Xenotech for 9 months with me. When I finally emailed them with the problem, traceroutes from both NB U2XMP server and the =vÐ= box. The reply I got from Xenotech was CPU upgrades will help connectivity with Comcast customers. It hasn't and the traceroutes proved that won't help. WTF? I gave them a traceroute for a server physically in the same spot that seems to have good peering to the east coast and Comcast. Not to mention the fact, most people with my problems on Xenotech, seem to have good luck on connectivity to the =vÐ=servers. I don't know, /end rant I guess..

Not saying our server rocks or anything, it's OK at best, but it's had significantly better results than the Xenotech servers for alot of people in in a similar situation to me for this kind of performance.

Mar 6, 2004
Well...got norton anti virus and got rid of all the junk and since then my ping is 250 averge and my packetloss is 50+ each...this really did a good job :lol: damn, zeno tech you blow hard :mad: guess i might just uninstall xmp and find something else to do untill utxmp comes :(

Last edited:

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
Wipe the disk, not even Norton can save you if you had so much crap on it. Spyware will try to hog bandwidth like anything if there's a lot of it, so a R&R is probably the best route. And then install a good firewall and stuff straight away.

Status
Not open for further replies.